EAO, 21 January 2023 -- One week after the fruitful EAO Salesian Family Spirituality Days we see the first fruits of this long-prepared regional joint venture of this still unfolding event.
More than 1000 Salesian Family members followed the third EAO online SF 'Days' on YouTube, while more than 300 SF members gathered in different groups - SDB houses of formations (TLS, VIE, MYM, KOR, GIA) or in Salesian Family groups following the two hour program on large screens (PGS, Cambodia Delegation, Mongolia FMA) simply watching in their own houses (both lay and religious - like in Korea).
Here are some main results:
1. Foremost the involvement and contribution of many Salesian Youth (SYM and other young adult groups) who shared their personal and group commitment in many provinces, especially in the environment and missionary volunteering. It is a powerful inspiration for all 12 EAO provinces and beyond. Some SDBs and one ASC from the South Asia region were closely following the EAO event
2. Each of the 12 EAO provinces this (first) time contributed to the 25 (pre-recorded) video production, in spite of internet professional preparation challenges. So we are able to enjoy the Samoan, Burmese or Timorese prayers, Young Salesian Cooperator dances (Timor) and also the very attractive Don Bosco Past Pupils mission in Thailand (mostly non-Christians) and listened to the plea of GEX (Young Past pupils). Thanks to the EAO team all these videos are available on the SF-EAO English (+ other 7 EAO language) channels as well on Facebook (Salesian Family - East Asia-Oceania 2023). Thanks a lot to all contributors!
3. Some three hundred participants shared after the 120 minutes program in their own countries but also 50 courageous SF members joined the 'EAO mixed group sharing' on Zoom regarding two questions: How can I (or we together) become better Yeast in the human family? What they shared is available on Boscolink as another inspiration for EAO Salesian family members.
4. The most important results are never quite visible: Enthusiasm - Stronger sense of belonging to the large international Salesian Family - Inspiration to carry on the 'Yeast-like-Mission' in ordinary events of daily life - Encouragement by similar situation living Lay and Young people.
5. How can we as one Salesian Family become Yeast in the Human family? From the mixed group sharing the following 'resolutions' emerged: We encourage 'our Young people' to join some lay group of the Salesian Family. We faithfully continue with our Lay mission partners. We invest in and strengthen the Youth groups in our educative and pastoral settings. We form the 'GEX' (Young DB Past Pupils) in order to reach out to more young people! We can become better Yeast if we foster human relationships and support each others SF groups. We will organize (November 2023) the First Salesian Family Youth Camp around the 'Yeast parable'. As educators we will be more among young people with a strong commitment to accompany them on their vocation journey.
Next Monday, 23 January, some interested EAO Salesian Family members will join the online Evaluation Zoom session, based on personal experience of the SF animators and on the 50+ contributions to the online evaluation received so far. Yes, each day of 2023 is an opportunity for another 'Salesian Family Spirituality Day' in our daily life. And all participants agree - We need this annual occasion, we need to share also next January 2024!
Content - program - links - evaluation: