First coming together of the EAO delegates in Turin
Valdocco, Turin, 20 February 2020 -- After first two heavy days of reporting, ending with the summary of the Rector Major, Fr. Angel F. Artime (Live streaming on the ANS Facebook pages) the Spirituality days follow, in the General Chapter dynamics (3 full mornings with a very substantial spiritual talk and common Eucharist in the Basilica) and in the afternoon the common study and discernment on the Rector Major's Report (19-21 February).
Very nutritious material from Fr. Rosanno Sala (UPS) on 19 February can be downloaded from Boscolink. Focus on Jesus and Don Bosco's approach to the young.
But also day 4 (19 February) was the first day in GC28 when the confreres from each of the 7 Regions came together. The EAO Delegates were happy to welcome the last arrived - Fr. Barnaba Le Phong - Rector of the Theologate (VIE) and get know each other. In the underground 'Moretta Hall', Mamma Margaret Hostel (Valdocco complex), we spent no less than 3 hours of sharing and discernment.
What are your expectations of the General Chapter? This simple question shared in the EAO Assembly was the first sharing of the GC28. The great majority of the EAO delegates are participating for the first time - only Fr Andrew Wong (INA) for the fourth time and Fr. Theparat (THA), Fr Niphon (THA) and Fr Bernie Graham (AUL) for the second time.
The most common expectations of our EAO Delegate in the General Chapter:
- Get more light for our working and formation with the lay people as mission partners
- Get more inspiration on the formation in the mission (life long formation)
- To get know wider and deeper the richness of the world wide Congregation
- To know better the youth challenges of today
- To get some help how to foster vocation culture, how to promote vocations
- Enjoy the company of all EAO delegates for next 45 days
- Experience the universal solidarity of Salesian vocation
- Get some more clear guidelines on the formation of lay people
- Maximize the presence in the holy places of Don Bosco, as an intense Salesianity course
- Deepen my convictions and my vocation
- Listen to the universality of the Congregation, expand my horizons
These are the main expectation of our 31 EAO delegates gathered in Valdocco! And what your personal expectation - as Salesian of Don Bosco, as Salesian Family members, as member of the Salesian Youth Movement? It's a good question!
Spirituality Days - Goodnights for download