Presentation of dynamic and growing EAO Region
Valdocco, Turin, 21 February 2020 -- After five days of the GC28, the 25 delegates, 4 observers, 2 translators and one ANS photographer from the EAO Region are finally complete, since the last delegate was able to reach Valdocco after a very special adventurous happenings! Welcome to Fr. Barnaba!
Some basic data about the growth of our Region (during the last 6 year period)
- Countries: + 1 (Malaysia) = 23
- Provinces: + 2 (PGS and INA viceprovinces) = 12
- Delegations: + 3 (Pakistan, Pacific, North Vietnam)
- Salesians (professed): +72 = 1449 SDB
- Salesian Brothers: + 7 = 210 Salesian Brothers
- Communities (canonical): +23 = 165 communities
- Missionary ad gentes: + 38 sent = 176 missionary ad gentes sent
The EAO regional report (2014-2020) presentation brought a lot of interest and sympathy for the wider, diverse, young and dynamic Region. Just some feedback from the other six region confreres in the corridors:
- Congrats, we were touched by the strong conviction 'We need each other' (among the 12 EAO provinces and two forms of Salesian consecrated vocation)
- Impressed by a positive, future oriented language and clear pointers to the future of regional communion, solidarity and coordination
- It was the only regional presentation done in two - by one Salesian Priest (regional) and one Salesian Brother (Br Nam)
- It was very interesting to know all 23 countries where we are present in so vast an area of the world
- We were encouraged by some very difficult situations of our missionaries and mission shared in the report."
The two main goals in the Project of RM (2014-2020) for the EAO region: (1) Foster growth in communion and cooperation and (2) Accompaniment of needed provinces, delegations or sectors. The growth of solidarity, of communion, of exchange and in the sense of belonging to the Congregation and to the Region are the main characteristics.
All EAO delegates gathered in Valdocco are requesting your prayers for the other 6 weeks of the General Chapter 28, that will be officially opened on Saturday, February 22, 2020.