Japan visit of the Rector Major
Tokyo, Japan, 22 November 2018 -- The visit of the Rector Major to Japan has become an unforgettable moment for the members of the Salesian Family in their various vocations and ways of life.
First of all, we were encouraged and felt restored from our daily fatigue by Fr Fernandez’ cheerfulness, which was like the warm sun (a tireless presence that brings smiles to faces and warms people).
We saw “Don Bosco alive” and heard the words of today’s Don Bosco in Fr Angel Fernandez Artime. Not only the Salesian confreres, but also our students, our teachers, the parents, the elderly, we were all encouraged to journey with the young in joy as Don Bosco did.
The youth in Japan had been looking forward to welcoming the Rector Major, calling on high school students and other youth to make great efforts for the preparation. The youth gathering with the Rector Major was the first event of such a kind in Japan. Having gathered around the Rector Major and having created a bond with each other, the youth who came from different parts of Japan, as members of the Salesian Family, as the ‘light of the world’, will journey together with those in need.
The following videos are available from the Rector Major's visit to Japan 2018
- RMinGIA_Video_20181107_HanedaAirport_Tokyo (6 videos, 259MB)
- RMinGIA_Video_20181108_1_DonCimattiMuseum_Chofu_Tokyo (6 videos, 1GB)
- RMinGIA_Video_20181110_2_SYM-YouthGathering_Chofu_Tokyo (12 videos, 943MB)
- RMinGIA_Video_20181111_2_SalesianFamilyDay_Akabane_Tokyo (18 videos, 1.5GB)
- RMinGIA_Video_20181113_HanedaAirport_Tokyo (3 videos, 569MB)