?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1508 Comment 0

20160509_WOR.jpg

By Le Ho Quoc Dung Peter, SDB

Nairobi, Kenya, 8 May 8 2016 - Greetings from Don Bosco Utume, Salesian Theological College, Nairobi, Kenya, AFE Province. Wow – I’m ready to take this opportunity to share my first five years missionary experience in Africa. Next May 21 twelve companions (including myself) will be ordained deacons. Happy to share at this occasion!

I have been at Don Bosco Theological College, Nairobi, Kenya since 2013, after my practical training experience as a new missionary. Our present community is a Centre of Higher Education in preparation for ministerial priesthood of Eastern Africa. This school year, there are 61 Salesians in our community.

We are together 6 formators and 55 students (four year course). Our six formators are from different Salesian provinces: two are Africans (Kenya and Nigeria) and four are missionaries (Italy and 3 from Poland).

Fifty five students of theology come from many different countries, such as Zambia, Sudan, Nigeria, Kenya, Togo, Somalia, Uganda, Malawi, Zimbabwe and Vietnam. Fourteen (14) of us are missionaries – 8 from Vietnam and one each - from Malawi, Somalia, Togo, Madagascar and Italy.

We have class from Monday to Friday, and the weekends are for our apostolic experience in various parishes, youth centers, juvenile prisons, high schools.

Then we come back to our community on Sunday evening to prepare for new week.

In this way we are helped to study theology through theory and practice. Here we are also blessed to work together amongst Salesian coming from many different countries, cultures and life experiences. I feel that my experience here will help me a lot good lessons for my mission later in our Sudan Delegation (AFE province).

Truly, I have been missionary in Africa already for past 6 years, I have had many experiences and many good lessons in my missionary journey. Sometimes I got both negative and positive experience in my life here. Through many difficulties I have seen, felt and passed in my life here, I believe that God is always present in my life. He has helped me and granted me His grace! I felt that I received more than I gave through the people I was sent.

With the grace of God I will try to learn more things day by day. Especially that I try study very hard languages and cultures, with a lot of patience. That may help my life will be a good gift for people in place where I will be sent in the future.

I know that my missionary journey will get many difficulties which are waiting me there but with my trust in God and believe that if I try to do everything in God’s will as I am only God’s instrument I will walk in God’s way with peace and joy!

Remember Africa and all Salesians – African and missionaries - who are working and studying here in your prayers! Many thanks for your prayers! I wish the Rector Major will get also this year many missionary application letters from East Asia – Oceania region, in order to send more Salesians to Africa for the service of the People of God here!

Happy feast day of THE PENTECOST!

In Don Bosco’s great love!

Peter

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4022_Welcome to the new Pacific Delegation

New Delegation for Samoa, New Zealand and Fiji By OUR Own Correspondent Rome, 3 June 2016 -- With the Decree of the Rector Major (May 31) was officially established the Pacific Delegation (AUL province). The process started with the visit o...
    Date2016.06.04 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views858 file
    Read More
  2. 4021_His Mercy Endures Forever

Perpetual Profession of nine confreres in Parañaque By Cl. April Jerome Quinto, SDB Parañaque, The Philippines, 31 May 2016 -- On the Feast of the Visitation of Our Lady, nine confreres professed their vows of chastity, poverty, and obedien...
    Date2016.06.02 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views931 file
    Read More
  3. 4020(II)_Bicentenary magazine finally published

By Social Communication Sector Rome, Italy, 30 May 2016 -- As one of the fruits of the 200th Birthday celebrations of the Don Bosco, the long awaited publication (Italian version) is finally in our hands. Rather voluminous 218 page publicat...
    Date2016.05.31 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1142 file
    Read More
  4. 4020(I)_Grande Colar com a Ordém de Timor Leste to Fr. Locatelli SDB

By Bro. Amilcar Da Silva, SDB Timor Leste, 20 May 2016 –- In commemorating the 14th day of the Restoration of the Independence of Timor Leste on May 20, 2016 held in Gleno-Ermera, Fr. Eligio Locatelli SDB, best known as Padre Locatelli is a...
    Date2016.05.31 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views2323 file
    Read More
  5. 4019_School for Provincial Youth Ministry Delegate

By Fr Joao da Costa, SDB Rome, Italy, 27 May 2016 -- Youth ministry delegates from various Salesian Provinces and Vice-provinces around the globe gathered for an intensive course on youth ministry. This school was organized by the Salesian ...
    Date2016.05.30 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1532 file
    Read More
  6. 4018_2016 Fiesta Grand Procession with KARAKOL

By Br. Julio Mota, SDB Parañaque, The Philippines, 24 May 2016 -- On the Solemnity of Mary Help of Christians, the community of the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians in Parañaque held a grand procession in her honor. While waiting ...
    Date2016.05.29 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1212 file
    Read More
  7. 4017_Consultation for the ITM vice-province new Superior

By Fr Vaclav klement, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 28 May 2016 -- During last week (May 21-28) was conducted the consultation for the new superior of the ITM Vice-province (Indonesia - Timor Leste). The EAO Regional Councilor gathered the confre...
    Date2016.05.28 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views845 file
    Read More
  8. 4016(II)_A small is beautiful

Don Bosco Sumba By Fr Adie Prianto, SDB Sumba, Indonesia, 27 May 2016 -- The island of Sumba has a special position among the 14.000 islands of the Indonesia archipelago. Being originally a very strong animist religion place, the presence o...
    Date2016.05.27 CategoryINA Reply0 Views962 file
    Read More
  9. 4016(I)_Graduation ceremony at Don Rua Philosophy Institute

Recommencement for Salesian mission By Cl. Khanh Quoc, SDB Dalat, Vietnam, 24 May 2016 -- In Honor to Mary Help of Christians, the Don Rua Institute in Dalat held the Holy Mass and ceremony to conclude the academic year 2015-2016. The whole...
    Date2016.05.27 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views705 file
    Read More
  10. 4015(II)_Welcome to Timor Leste!

East Asia-Oceania Regional Congress of Salesian Family Past Pupils 2017 By Fr. Manuel Pinto, SDB Provincial delegate to the Don Bosco Alumni Dili, Timor Leste, 26 May 2016 -- Welcome to Timor Leste! Probably the highest density of Don Bosco...
    Date2016.05.26 CategoryTLS Reply1 Views1021 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 541 Next
/ 541