General Chapter 28 starts in 44 days
EAO, January 2020 -- Since the convocation of GC28 (March 2018), the world-wide Salesian Congregation is being tuned to the basic question: "What kind of Salesians for today's young people?" Aside from the Provincial Chapters 2019, a good number of EAO regional events have also shared this charismatic question in harmony with GC28:
The Economer General, Br Jean Paul Müller challenged participants at the EAO 7th Regional Salesian Brother Congress (Augusut 2018) with his prophetic call: What kind of Salesian Brother for the young people of the EAO region's countries?
The General Councilor for Formation and for Social Communications invited their delegates during the joint meeting (November 2019) to deepen their common reflection: What kind of Salesians for the young people of the digital age?
During the 7 weeks event in Valdocco, Turin (Italy, 16 February - 4 Apri) there will be some 230 SDB Delegates together, but each Salesian is invited to join the General Chapter dynamics and make them his own: with a personal or community prayer, with the study of GC28 working paper and other 'Salesian wisdom' that is being reflected in the preparation period for the chapter. Indeed the GC28 begins in 44 days time.
Prayer for the GC28
Intercessions at Lauds
O Father, through our participation in the Chapter, you move us to renew in ourselves the apostolic courage of Don Bosco that is capable of embracing the whole world:
- make us docile to the breath of the Spirit so that we may open ourselves, together with the young, to the grace of a new Pentecost.
O Father, through the Chapter you call us to a profound missionary conversion in our communities and in our formation:
- grant us the grace of unity and an apostolic interior life so as to be able to discern the signs of your presence and respond promptly and generously to your will.
O Father, through the Salesian Family you have raised up a vast movement for the salvation of the young:
- enable us to share the same spirit with laypeople within the variety of vocations and in apostolic and educative collaboration.
Intercessions at Vespers
O Father, through the action of the Spirit you dwell and work in the hearts of the young to lead them to beauty, goodness and truth:
- grant that following in the footsteps of our Father, Don Bosco, we may welcome the dreams of the young people of our time and accompany them with wisdom and enthusiasm.
O Father, in Mary you gave Don Bosco the inspirer and teacher of our spirituality and mission among the young:
- help us to cultivate an inner attitude of silence, listening, prayer, fraternal sharing and mutual respect in seeking the good we must do.
O Father, in the specificity and complementarity of vocations, you manifest the equal dignity of Christians and the universal call to holiness:
- grant that the Salesian Family, in fidelity to the charism bestowed on Don Bosco, may carry out its mission of evangelization and education of young people and the poor.
Related news article:
- AustraLasia 4971 (II) What kind of Salesians for the EAO youngsters? - Provincial Chapter 2019 (EAO)