Fr. Monix, welcome to the Salesian Garden!
By our own correspondent
Cebu, Philippines, 30 December 2019 -- The FIS Province breaks the sad news of the sudden death of Fr. Ramon Pacada, SDB. Fr "Monix" as he was called, who collapsed during the Fun Run in Borongan around 5:30 a.m. on 29 December. He was rescued, revived and rushed to Borongan Doctor's Hospital but unfortunately was declared dead on arrival.
Fr. Ramon was born in 1963, and spent the last last 30 years of his Salesian consecrated life and 23 years as Salesian Priest with enthusiasm and great fidelity. He served the young people and Catholic communities around the Visayas and also in the Pakistan delegation (2006-2009), where he was sent together with Fr. Jude Albarando in May 2006. His dedication is well known especially by the young people and parishioners of Lourdes, Pasil and Borongan.
The Salesian Family of Mary Help of Christian Province (FIS - Southern Philippines and Pakistan) treasures his simple and joyful life witness, as expressed on many pages of social media immediately after receiving the sad news:
- Welcome to the Salesian Eternal Gardens in Heaven Reverend Father Ramon Pacada, SDB!
- Your death reminds me of an incident in the life of Dominic Savio. When asked what he would do if he had only 24 hours to live, Dominic replied that he would continue doing the ordinary duties in life.
- Thank you for your exemplary witness of the Salesian spirituality. In performing your ordinary schedule, heaven called you home.
- Rest in peace, dear Father Monix! We will indeed miss you!
- Thank you, Fr Monix, for your exemplary ways of showing Simplicity, Dedication, Responsibility & Great Love to bring us closer to God. I am sure the Salesian Saints and the Holy Family of Nazareth are welcoming you in the Salesian Garden. please intercede for us. you will be greatly missed!