?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1685 Comment 0

20150508_AUL.jpg

By Our Own Correspondent

On the evening of May 8, Fr. Petelo Vito Pau, the Rector of Alafua Don Bosco community in Samoa shared his grateful heart during the welcoming speech to the Rector Major in the DBTS gymnasium filled with some three hundred guests (SDB, FMA, Lay mission partners and youth) coming together from our Salesian parishes and schools:

“Thank you for being in our midst! It’s a great joy to welcome you in our midst and our beautiful island of Samoa. We wish you cordial welcome – patipati! (= big clap of hands in Samoan) Rector major, this is your first visit to our shores and for this we are very honored, privileged, proud and very delighted. It’s a time of grace, to share our life and to listen to you.

For me personally, I thank God to have lived to this day to meet you in person. I mentioned this, because that was one very important part of my Dream. Fr. Pascual Chávez visited Samoa in 2004 and shared 3 years later in his letter (Acts of the General Council, February 2007): ‘I was able to verify for myself during my journey to Australia and Samoa the the most distant place from Rome is in the EAO region. It was the first Samoan Rector, who was absent at the time of my visit, who expressed later in 2006 as his dream: I would like to visit the holy places of Don Bosco and at least once in my life meet the Rector Major personally.’

Rector Major, I was that Samoa Rector who was absent and who expressed this dream, to meet the Rector Major. Today, my dream is fulfilled, it becomes a reality. I now meet you here, the tenth successor of St. Don Bosco in person. The only thing left of that dream is to come and visit your dwelling place in Rome, Italy.

But this is not just my dream. All of us here share in the dream of Don Bosco, the dream to serve the Lord and the young people with joy. Our young people also share this dream. Here in Samoa, Don Bosco is not just a name; it’s a way of life and a family!....”

After 11 days of his Pacific visit Fr. Ángel reached finally Samoa – country with 36 years old Salesian presence started in 1979. It’s the most distant Salesian presence from the General house in Rome. Exactly it’s 16.874 kilometers. It’s also the most distant part of Australia – Pacific province (four countries – one province: Australia, Fiji, Samoa and New Zealand).

Fr.Ángel will spend three days with ten Salesians SDB (eight priests, two clerics in practical training), five SDB aspirants, eight FMA sisters, many Don Bosco Past Pupils, hundreds of our Lay mission partners and young people. At present we have in Samoa three parishes, two schools, oratories and aspirantate. Alafua Don Bosco Technical school celebrated last year 25th year of foundation.

It’s for the third time when a successor of Don Bosco does reach Samoa - Fr. Viganó was here in 1982, Fr. Chávez in 2004 and now also Fr. Ángel in 2015.

20150508_AUL1.jpg

20150508_AUL2.jpg

20150508_AUL3.jpg

20150508_AUL4.jpg

20150508_AUL5.jpg

20150508_AUL6.jpg

20150508_AUL7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3629_Called. Consecrated. Commissioned

By Fr. Randy A. Figuracion, SDB Cebu City, Philippines, May 23 - The Philippine Province of Mary Help of Christians (FIS) received a great gift from God: a new priest. Fr. Generoso A. Llenos, SDB is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Celeste Llenos. A...
    Date2015.05.23 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views10690 file
    Read More
  2. 3628_Thanks to God, we have a wonderful Congregation!

EAO bishops at Valdocco 2015 By Our Own Correspondent The fifth historical meeting of the Salesian bishops, as one of the highlights of the Bicentenary of Don Bosco’s Birthday, is going on at Valdocco. A moving Eucharist presided by archbis...
    Date2015.05.23 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views2541 file
    Read More
  3. 3627_Renewed Catechesis for Children and Youth

By Fr. Randy A. Figuracion, SDB Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines - In his January visit to the Philippines, Pope Francis gave this challenge: “We need to protect, guide and encourage our young people, helping them to build a society worthy o...
    Date2015.05.22 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1981 file
    Read More
  4. 3626_Bicentenary encounter of the Salesian Bishops with the Rector Major

By Our Own Correspondent Torino, May 21 - Five years from the most recent encounter of the Salesian Bishops around the Rector Major (Turin, May 2010) as part of the DB200 official events, some 90 SDB bishops are coming to Turin for 4 days e...
    Date2015.05.22 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views6298 file
    Read More
  5. 3625_Pope's appeal for World Day of Prayer for Church in China

By Our Own Correspondent You might know that this year is also the 200th anniversary of the declaration of the feast of Mary Help of Christians. And many EAO countries or provinces are under the protection of MHC. EAO province dedicated to ...
    Date2015.05.21 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views2857 file
    Read More
  6. 3624_Launching the Salesian Cooperators Vocation in the Pacific!

PNG - PAL given to Mr. Thomas (Coordinator of Port Moresby Center of ACS) EAO visit of the Rector Major – follow up 2 By Our Own Correspondent What are the fruits of recently concluded Pacific-Oceania trip of the Rector Major? With gratitud...
    Date2015.05.20 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views1772 file
    Read More
  7. 3623_Follow up of the Rector Major’s visit to Oceania

Fr. Ángel – Tenk yu tru! Tangio tu mas! Vinaka! Fa’afetai! Kia ora! Thanks! By Our Own Correspondent The Rector Major returned home to Rome after his longest trip of 22 days to the six countries of Oceania. Tired and happy, keeping firsthan...
    Date2015.05.19 CategoryEAO Reply2 Views2181 file
    Read More
  8. 3622_Founding of the National Federation of Salesian Past Pupils

By Fr Yoshiki Sekiya, SDB Tokyo, Japan, May 9 - The board meeting for the founding of the National Federation of Salesian Past Pupils was held at the Salesian Polytechnic in Machida, Tokyo. Board members and representatives of alumni associ...
    Date2015.05.19 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views3041 file
    Read More
  9. 3621_A FAMILY DAY at Colégio Dom Bosco – Fatumaca

By Bro. Amilcar D’Silva & Fr. João D’Costa, SDB Fatumaca, East Timor, May 16, 2015 – It’s a fabulous and meaningful event of keeping a day as a FAMILY DAY in the Marian month. The Colégio Dom Bosco- Fatumaca was crowded with the presenc...
    Date2015.05.18 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views2990 file
    Read More
  10. 3620_Open your heart to Jesus and to all around you! (RM in EAO_19)

By Our Own Correspondent Melbourne, Australia, May 17 - On the last day of his Oceania the Rector Major spent his time in the vibrant multifaceted and multicultural community of Brunswick, that celebrates 75 years of history during the 2015...
    Date2015.05.17 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views2879 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 542 Next
/ 542