Fuiloro, Timor-Leste, 14 February, 2023 -- The Salesian youth ministry organized a joint meeting between SDB, FMA Salesian cooperators, animators from different places of youth centers, member from the national structure of Salesian Youth Movement.
The objectives of the meeting are:
- To know and to deepen the knowledge on the document of SDB-FMA’ on the Salesian Youth Movement in order to love and to live according to the Salesian Spirituality with the young on the way to holiness.
- To discuss on the FORUM OF SALESIAN YOUTH MOVEMENT (when and where).
There were 2 presenters, Fr. João Gaspar, SDB and Sr. Júlia Fernandes, FMA in the meeting.
In the first talk, Fr. João Gaspar, SDB presented the talk based on the “Salesian Youth Ministry Frame of Reference” and the FMA “That They May Have Life Abundantly.” These 2 congregational documents have become the guide to the Mission of SDB and FMA in the Youth Centres, Oratory, Salesian Schools, Salesian Parishes, etc. Further he said that the objective of the Salesian Youth Movement is not a private association. Hence, it caters for everyone without looking at their background, colour, groups or ethnics. It welcomes everyone to serve the Church and the young people. The Salesian Youth Movement (SYM) identifies with 2 things: the SYM gathers young people from variety of places with a young spirituality according to charism of St. John Bosco to Evangelize and Educate. In the second session, Sr. Júlia Fernandes FMA presented a talk on the FMA Manual entitled “That they may have life abundantly,” side by side with the one of SDB on the Youth movement to teach the young people to love the Church through the Preventive System.
After the sessions, the participants were divided into groups for discussion and sharing then followed by questions and clarifications. The formation concluded with photo sessions and some announcements for the next meetings and activities in the Oratory and youth centres. The many information, there were:
- Catechetical formation on each local Oratory settings.
- The SYM Concert as a kind of fun-raising in order to support the Timorese participants in the World Youth Day in Portugal. The concert will be held in the SDB Gymnasium Dili on February 25, 2023.
- The World Youth Day
- National Youth Movement, etc…
The meeting was held in the Fuiloro FMA Community, on a little hill where participants are enjoying fresh and cool air helping them to participate well in the meeting. The meeting that took a whole day were done amicably.