?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 639 Comment 0

Young-People-Better-Decisions.jpg

By Nigel Akuani

Gabutu, Port Moresby, 22 October 2022 -- “Whether we realize it or not, the choices we make today define who we become in future,” was the reflective and cautionary remark given by students to young listeners of Radio Maria PNG.

The six students all doing Grade-Eleven at the Don Bosco Technical Secondary School Gabutu, made the expression during Radio Maria’s ‘Tokaut-Stret’ program on Wednesday 19th October 2022.

The students were Anthony Molen, John Kawapuro, Joachim Gahekave, Kristoffa Ephraim, Gad Walaun, and Luther Kuelinad. Their talk focused on the topic ‘Helping students and youth make Responsible Choices’ and dwelled on its various social aspects and its impact on the younger generation.

John Kawapuro, said that although being young and growing up meant learning and exploring new territories, he called on students and youth to start making right decisions and taking responsibility for their actions. “If you care about those around you, then you will exercise control in the choices you make so that it benefits them and also yourself,” he stated.

“Part of being young means being carefree, being influenced by our peers, basically following the crowd because we are still learning. But we must also try to consider the outcome of what might happen and how it will affect us individually,” he added.

Emphasizing the importance of adult support and care, Joachim Gahekave, said that by appreciating the accomplishments of young people it not only bolstered their confidence but also drove their motivation to always strive in doing the right thing. “We have just begun our journey and we are still learning the ropes in life, all the more reason why we need to be constantly reminded and guided by our elders. The traits we learn from our elders today determines our character and who we become in future,” he said.

Ending their discussion, Luther Kuelinad, appealed to young people throughout the nation to always pray to God for guidance to be able to make choices that benefit themselves and the people they care about. “I’ve made a lot of bad choices in my life, even nearly costing me my own life. Since coming to DBTS, I’ve changed and have come to realise God’s wisdom in my choices by making the right choice and standing by it. Do what you feel is right for you and don’t let others tell you what to do,” he further said.

In-discussion.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5361(II)_VIDES KOREA dreams coming true in Seoul

ALA_5361 By Sr. Kim Young Hee FMA Seoul, Korea, 23 April 2020 -- Last March, the reception room at the entrance of large complex of FMA provincial house in Shin gil-dong, Seoul - Korea, which had not been used for a while, was allowed by th...
    Date2020.04.24 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views579 file
    Read More
  2. 5317(II)_With Mary, walking the faith

ALA_5317 Story of ADMA foundation in one Salesian Parish By Parish of Trai Gao, Thai Binh Vietnam North Vietnam Delegation, Parish of Trai Gao, Thai Binh Vietnam, 15 February 2020 -- Last 2018 a new ADMA group was born in Trai Gao, one of t...
    Date2020.02.15 CategoryVIN Reply0 Views579 file
    Read More
  3. 4483(III)_Missionary Fire in Myanmar

Animation visit of Missions Councilor By Fr. Bosco Ze Ya Aung, SDB Vice-provincial MYM Anisakan, Myanmar, 29 August 2017 -- The SDB Missions Councilor Fr. Basanes Guillermo visited Myanmar on 20th to 27th August 2017. As he arrived Mandalay...
    Date2017.08.30 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views579 file
    Read More
  4. 6024_Salesian Provincial Community Day Vietnam

By Viet SC Don Bosco Xuan Hiep, HCM, Vietnam, 2 August 2023 --Don Bosco Salesian Province Vietnam held its Provincial Community Day from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, August 1, 2023, at Don Bosco Xuan Hiep Community in Vietnam. Attending...
    Date2023.08.02 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views578 file
    Read More
  5. 5936(III)_Australia-Pacific: Five new Salesian Priests for Salesian Congregation in Centenary Year

By Fr. Will Matthews Melbourne, (Vic) Australia, 30 January 2023 -- The Salesians of Don Bosco celebrate 100 years of their presence in Australia in 2023. The sons of Don Bosco arrived in Western Australia on Friday 30 March 1923 and they w...
    Date2023.01.30 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views578 file
    Read More
  6. 5617(V)_A New Spring for Salesian Cooperators

By Antonio Boccia World Coordinator Association of Salesian Cooperators Rome, 24 May 2021 -- The changes that contemporary society has undergone in the latter are clearly visible. These difficulties must also represent opportunities for gro...
    Date2021.05.25 CategoryASC Reply0 Views578 file
    Read More
  7. 5611(III)_Caritas students encouraged by Don Bosco’s Preventive System

By Jessica Oata Kimbe, West New Britain, PNG 12 May 2021 -- The Caritas Technical Secondary School students in Kimbe, West New Britain Province were delighted with the informative presentation on the Preventive System of Don Bosco by Fr Amb...
    Date2021.05.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views578 file
    Read More
  8. 5530(VIII)_EAO 'Eco Team' inspires enthusiasm

ALA_5530 By our own correspondent EAO Region, 11 December 2020 -- The first EAO Don Bosco Green Alliance animation 'Eco Team' meeting was held on the afternoon of 10 December 2020, convoked by the EAO DBGA Coordinator Ms Taichi Miranda (FI...
    Date2020.12.11 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views578 file
    Read More
  9. 5368(I)_Mission for the Vietnamese migrant workers in Japan

ALA_5368 By Interview with Br. Joseph Do Phuc Hai Vietnamese missionary in Japan Chofu, Japan, 4 May 2020 -- How do you feel in Tokyo-Chofu (Japan) community during your first year of your stay? First of all, I would like to thank God for t...
    Date2020.05.05 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views578 file
    Read More
  10. 4249(I)_New Year encounter of Salesian Family leadership

By Fr. Mario Yamanouchi, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 10 January -- Annual Encounter of SF leadership of all groups present in Japan ( SDB, FMA, Caritas Sisters of Jesus, Salesian Cooperators, VDB, ADMA, Don Bosco Alumni and Mary Help of Christians Al...
    Date2017.01.13 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views578 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 544 Next
/ 544