PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5393

20200602_FIN.jpg

Sharing of Faith during Pandemic Time - CDB of Manila

By Fr. Eli Cruz
Assistant CDB (Con Don Bosco) secular institute

Manila, Philippines, 2 June 2020 -- Since 2014, the few members of the CDB Center (Group) in Manila, Philippines , is slowly but surely growing - in numbers, in their vocation and in secular apostolic consecration. Accompanied by their Ecclesiastical Assistant face-to-face in Manila and by their CDB at a distance (online) since 2015, the candidates for the secular Salesian consecrated life are familiar with digital technology.

We are glad to present some pieces of their sharing over Easter, during pandemic times. In the Philippines the lock-down was declared already before Easter Sunday, and all three Easter sharings are within this context. For the sake of 'secular consecrated reserve' we don't report their real names. The questions for Gospel meditation are a trigger from their Assistant:

What would you like to talk about in your dialogue with Jesus?

How would you make Him stay as you continue walking towards your goal in this CDB formation year?

In this time of virtual noise amidst the seeming unreal silence, how do you re-echo a voice that is care-giving and life-giving?

When was the last time you heard the voice of a Good Shepherd and how have you re-echoed it?

"In my journey these past few weeks during the Extensive Community Quarantine it was a time of testing and a trying time. Classes are still on-going, and it is more challenging because it is more demanding than seeing the class face to face. But aside from this which concerns me, is the testing times when my father contracted COVID virus. (Peter)

I said the rosary this time with the other CDB brothers via Zoom. I really asked the Lord to continue to guide me in my time of quarantine to really prepare for my profession of vows towards the end of this year. I make myself available for the weekly journey of formation in the CDB. I have asked Him to stay with me so He can remind me of the path that I am going to. (Andrew)

The whole quarantine period was not that all bad. I had the chance to reconnect with long-lost friends online, enhance my cooking skills with the help of YouTube (from level 1, I think I have improved to level 1.5... :), read books that I bought several years ago which I just opened this month. Currently I'm reading "The Four Gospels: Catholic Personal Study Edition" (Jacob)

Aside from being online for work, I spend some of my time in the apostolate of the social communication of the parish. Despite being in lockdown inside the house for almost 2 months, it is my little way to help other people that the prayers and celebration of the Eucharist reach their home. I equip myself as to how to make the Facebook Live more appealing to the people. I believe in this way, I may able to bring God into their homes. It’s my little help to let Jesus be felt in the households everyday.. Aside from assisting in the live streaming of the prayers in the Facebook page of our parish, I do entertain private messages of young people who are looking for someone to talk to." (Paul)

In a few months time the first CDBs in the EAO region will make their first profession. You are invited to accompany them in your prayers!

Related news articles:

20200602_FIN1.jpg

20200602_FIN2.jpg

20200602_FIN3.jpg

20200602_FIN4.jpg

20200602_FIN5.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6126_Monthly Recollection of Religious held in Don Bosco Provincialate

By Fr. A. Maung Maung SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 8 October 2023 -- On October 07, 2023, the feast day of our Lady of the Rosary, 108 religious and novices from different congregations in Pyin Oo Lwin Zone came together in Don Bosco Provincialat...
    Date2023.10.08 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views638 file
    Read More
  2. 5896(I)_Red Wednesday 2022: Christians Persecuted and Forgotten?

19 November 2022 -- Many Christians around the world celebrate a November Wednesday (this year on 16 or 23 November) as 'Red Wednesday' or even 'Red Week' to remember the blood and gift of today's martyrs to the Church. ...
    Date2022.11.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views638 file
    Read More
  3. 5873(I)_First Thai Salesian Missionary

Rome 28 September 2022 -- Cl. BOONMEE CHARUSAKON is the first Thai Salesian missionary. Last Sept 25 he received his missionary cross at the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians, Valdocco. He will now study English for 1 year and then procee...
    Date2022.09.28 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views638 file
    Read More
  4. 6128_Seminar on The Preventive System of Don Bosco for Teachers from Salesian Schools

By THA SC Hua Hin, Thailand, 09 October 2023 – The Salesian Commission on Schools organized a seminar for teaching staff with ten years of service at Salesian Schools in Thailand on the theme "The Preventive System of Don Bosco" from ...
    Date2023.10.09 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views637 file
    Read More
  5. 5713(III)_Korea – Salesian Family Spirituality Day 2021 online

By Fr. Samuel Yu, SDB Social Communication delegate Seoul, Korea, 17 October 2021 -- The Salesian Family Spirituality Day in Korea was held online on Saturday, 16 October 2021 its theme the 2021 Strenna ‘Moved by Hope’. 256 onli...
    Date2021.10.18 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views637 file
    Read More
  6. 5591(I)_EAO Eco Team on Igniting Ecological Education, Spirituality and Solidarity in the Region

By Taichi Miranda EAO online, 31 March 2021 -- On the occasion of the solemnity of the feast of Annunciation, 25 March 2021, the EAO Eco Team gathered online to also share the good news of how each Province or Delegation in the region joyfu...
    Date2021.03.31 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views637 file
    Read More
  7. 4602_ "Then I Order You, Do It!"

From the auto-biography of Br. Kramar (1919-2007), 'A Brother to Asians' By Our Own Correspondent Mandalay, Myanmar, 7 January 2018 -- For the MYM Viceprovince is now a special time of collecting first preliminary materials for the possible...
    Date2018.01.07 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views637 file
    Read More
  8. 4379(I)_EAO students in Ratisbonne, Jerusalem

In preparation for the Perpetual Profession By Cl. Clement Yan Naing Htun, SDB (MYM) Jerusalem, Israel, 6 May 2017 -- Greetings from the Salesian International Formation House of Ratisbonne, Jerusalem! We are happy to send you the Easter gr...
    Date2017.05.11 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views637 file
    Read More
  9. 5814(II)_DBFC Celebrates the Solemnity of MHC

By Aspirant Olsen Pasahol Don Bosco Formation Center, Lawaan, Talisay City, the Philippines, 27 May 2022 -- Under favorable cool early morning weather, the DBFC community had a successful and meaningful Dawn Rosary Procession from the MHC G...
    Date2022.05.27 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views636 file
    Read More
  10. 5799(II)_Students prepared for Holy Week with Way of the Cross

By Isabella Saleu CBC Social Communications Gabutu, Port Moresby PNG, 29 April 2022 -- In anticipation of Good Friday on 15 April, over a thousand students from Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, together with staff and Salesians took part...
    Date2022.04.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views636 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 542 Next
/ 542