?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190716_FIN.jpg

By Fr Gerry Martin, SDB
FIN Provincial

Rome, Italy, 14 July 2019 -- The 82nd Road Map has been given by the Rector Major, Fr Ángel F. Artime, to another new provincial. This time Fr. Gerardo Martin (Gerry) spent his few days in the General House at the end of the beautiful Silver Jubilee Pilgrimage (from the Holy Land to Turin and Rome) from 11-15 July. Beside the personal talks and time with the General Councilors, Fr Gerry dedicated his time to walking and praying in various Basilicas and memorable Churches in Rome. After five days in Rome, before returning to his FIN Province of St John Bosco, Fr Gerry shares his experience:

"I am excited and at the airport waiting to go home, while reflecting on what has happened to me over the past 23 days. It started with the pilgrimage of our group, Fr Joel Camaya, Fr Mon Borja, Fr Ding Cortez, Fr Dindo Vitug and myself, to celebrate our 25 years of Salesian religious profession. Our pilgrimage had the theme of the missionary journey of St Paul. What we thought of as a journey away actually became a “coming home!” Starting from the Holy Land, we followed the path to Ephesus, Thessaloniki, Athens, Malta and finally Rome. Every time we reached our destination, it became a coming back home and touching base with what we learned in Scriptures from our Theologate days in Paranaque. It became a coming home to memories, coming home to friendship, coming home to our Salesian consecration, a coming home to renewed faith.

Of course we went to Valdocco and Colle Don Bosco and its surrounding Salesian holy places. As we traced the places of birth, the childhood, student/seminary days and wandering oratory of Don Bosco, we were proclaiming in our hearts and our lips, “we are Home!” We are blessed and happy to be in Don Bosco’s home; making our connection with him not only in spirit, but also tangible, visual and even gastronomical.

Finally, we reached Rome. After going to the places where St. Paul was, we went to Sacro Cuore. My companions celebrated Mass at the historic side altar of Mary Help of Christians in the Basilica of Sacro Cuore (where Don Bosco cried 15 times celebrating mass in 1887 as he understood all that the Lady told him in his dream at nine). For us, this was a most fitting ending to our pilgrimage home. It made us put together the 25 years of Salesian life in a moment of gratitude to God, to Mary help of Christians and to Don Bosco.

Meanwhile I stayed behind in Sacro Cuore for five days more. As the new provincial of FIN, I took the opportunity of our pilgrimage to meet the Rector Major and his General Councillors. What I thought would be a nerve-wracking moment was actually a time of calm, peace, joy, gratitude and feeling welcomed. I thank Fr. Ángel and his General Council and the Generalate Community for their warm hospitality and expression of fraternity, particularly Fr Vaclav, Bro. Mon Callo and Bro Jess Garcia. But most of all, I thank Fr Ángel and the General Councillors for the “Road map” for the province, their prayers and pledge of support not only to me but most of all to every one in FIN. It is so good to be Home, to feel at home. As I head back to FIN, I can’t wait to share the grace of this homecoming to everone. Salamat!"

20190716_FIN0.jpg

20190716_FIN1.jpg

20190716_FIN2.jpg

20190716_FIN3.jpg

20190716_FIN4.jpg

20190716_FIN5.jpg

20190716_FIN6.jpg

20190716_FIN7.jpg

20190716_FIN8.jpg

20190716_FIN9.jpg

20190716_FIN10.jpg

20190716_FIN11.jpg

20190716_FIN12.jpg

20190716_FIN13.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5165_Salesian Accompaniment

Ongoing Formation in TLS By Julio Motta Fatumaca, Timor Leste, 10 August 2019 -- It was a great opportunity of learning and deepening for some selected confreres in TLS Vice Province to have an ongoing formation guided by Fr Henry Bonetti, ...
    Date2019.08.11 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1180 file
    Read More
  2. 5164(III)_China province welcomes the 10th successor of Don Bosco

Macau, Taiwan and Hong Kong By Our Own Correspondent Hong Kong, 10 August 2019 -- For one week, from 11-17 August, the tenth successor of Don Bosco, Fr. Ángel Fernández Artime will once again be in the EAO region. This is his last animation...
    Date2019.08.10 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views922 file
    Read More
  3. 5164(II)_Don Bosco Kep among the 136 Salesian institutions of DB Green Alliance

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Kep, Cambodia, 10 August 2019 -- In less than two years after the foundation of 'Don Bosco Greeen Alliance' through the initiative of the India-Mumbai-based Salesians, this Salesian ecological movement is spreading...
    Date2019.08.10 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1498 file
    Read More
  4. 5164(I)_Floods affect Don Bosco Sihanoukville

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Sihanoukville, Cambodia, 9 August 2019 -- The heavy rains and strong winds coming from the tropical storm Lekina - called in Philippines as Hanna; and the impact of the southwest monsoon, hit the coastal provinces ...
    Date2019.08.10 CategoryCamb. Reply2 Views2231 file
    Read More
  5. 5163(III)_Young confreres renew their religious profession

By Fr. Phat, SDB K'Long, Vietnam, 8 August 2019 -- The young confreres finished a blessed week of the annual retreat in K'Long Don Bosco Retreat house near Dalat, 4-8 August. At the mountain place with God, all of the brothers made their te...
    Date2019.08.09 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1751 file
    Read More
  6. 5163(II)_Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord!

EAO Salesian Necrology - 2019 version published By Fr. Joseph Kriengsak, SDB Provincial Secretary Bangkok, Thailand, 9 August 2019 -- The Salesian family spirit is expressed in many ways, in the affections within our community life, in our ...
    Date2019.08.09 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views932 file
    Read More
  7. 5163(I)_How do we celebrate August

Month of Don Bosco? By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 9 August 2019 -- Unlike in the majority of the 90 Salesian provinces around the world, where it might be August holiday time on the school calendar, usually in the southern part of the World...
    Date2019.08.09 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views877 file
    Read More
  8. 5162(II)_Wonderful… excellent … committed … joyful … respectful …wow!

Peer to Peer Exchange: Eastern Africa - Philippines 2019 By Harambee Link AFE Province (Nairobi) Cebu, the Philippines, 8 August 2019 -- These were some of the emotions expressed by the 12 delegates who have come from Tanzania (AFE province...
    Date2019.08.08 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views887 file
    Read More
  9. 5162(I)_Following up Chiang Mai Bishop's dream for the Salesians in Mae Hong Son province

Peer to Peer Exchange: Eastern Africa - Philippines 2019 By Bro. John Baptist Phaitoon, SDB Chiang Mai, Thailand, 6 August 2019 -- Over the last 3 days (4-6 August) Salesian Brother John Baptist Phaitoon went on the first visit to view a po...
    Date2019.08.08 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views943 file
    Read More
  10. 5161(II)_Caritas Sisters of Jesus visit the Canção Nova Evangelization Center

By Sr.Maria Urakawa, CSJ Sao Paolo, Brazil, 3 August 2019 -- After visiting the Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, the group of 34 Caritas Sisters of Jesus gathered for the 3rd International Mission Meeting taking place in Brazil - São Paulo....
    Date2019.08.07 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1152 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 543 Next
/ 543