?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1964 Comment 0

20180712_PGS.jpg

By Fr. Moise Paluku, SDB

Port Moresby, PNG, 7 July 2018 -- 31 participants gathered for the Annual Retreat, 1st to 7th July, 2018, at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Port Moresby. The group was joined by six Salesian sisters.

The Retreat dwelt on the Salesian Identity and the different aspects that are necessary to live ones Salesian Life.

Fr. Thomas Anchukandam, SDB, from the Salesian Historical Institute, Rome, was our preacher. We are grateful to him for availing his time to share with us his spiritual wisdom and insight.

“Every year we have annual retreat, but each year comes with its blessings. I appreciated the ambiance of silence the confreres created. This had fostered indeed an environment of prayer. The time table allowed us enough time for personal prayer”, said Fr Paluku.

“It’s a time of grace, conversion and renewal. Fr. Thomas was able to confirm the identity and clarity of an authentic Salesian. He has challenged us to be signs of God’s Love to those to whom we are sent”, said Fr. Joseph Thanh.

What has touched us most in the talks of Fr. Thomas, was how he brought us through different phases and understanding of our Salesian life. At every session, concrete examples of our own Salesians known to most of us motivated us. We are thus encouraged to truly live our Salesian vocation and reach the high standard of Christian life.

One of the many points that captured my attention was the model he gave of Jesus; the way Don Bosco handled the human situations and our salvific mission. Being in the midst of the people, and youth we need to be truly authentic as Salesians.

The other challenge he put across was the invitation to figure out concrete examples of living Don Bosco in our communities. He said, “there are confreres in our province, in our current generation, who truly are Don Bosco of our time.”

He has challenged us to make a difference. We need to look at our Salesian identity in a faith perspective and discover within ourselves our Salesian spirituality. The devotion to the Eucharist, to Mary and being docile to the Holy Spirit even when things do not go our way is what will keep us faithful to our charism.

“On my part, the challenge is mine, going down from this mountain of prayer to live with young people, to feed and edify them”, reflection Fr. Paluku.

20180712_PGS1.jpg

20180712_PGS2.jpg

20180712_PGS3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4308_"God is the goal of my life!"

Celebrating 50 years of Priestly Service Fr. Valeriano Barbero, SDB By Arlene Abital Photo by Arlene Abital and Karl David Valmonte Port Moresby, PNG, 25 February 2017 -- Fr. Valeriano Barbero, SDB, pioneer Salesian missionary and builder i...
    Date2017.02.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1923 file
    Read More
  2. 3872(II)_International Eucharistic Congress

By Fr. Randy Figuracion, SDB Cebu, Philippines, 15 January 2016 - Cebu City, known as the Queen City of the South in Southern Philippines, is gearing up to host more than 15,000 local and international delegates to the 51st International Eu...
    Date2016.01.15 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1925 file
    Read More
  3. 4746(II)_8 New Ordained Deacons of VietNam province

By Hai Van, SDB Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 2 June 2018 -- Last Saturday morning at 6:30, 8 Salesians of Rinaldi formation house were ordained to Deaconate by Most Rev. Chau Ngoc Tri, Bishop of Lang Son diocese, at Xuan Hiep parish. Present at the ...
    Date2018.06.04 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1925 file
    Read More
  4. 4857(I)_I'm the servant of the Lord

Consecrated men and women are witnessing the Gospel in Thailand By Our Own Correspondent Bangkok, Thailand, 19 September 2018 -- 'I'm the servant of the Lord' - this is the motto of the Sisters 'Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary' (SI...
    Date2018.09.21 CategoryTHA Reply1 Views1925 file
    Read More
  5. 4794(III)_How can we implement art. 45 of SDB Constitutions?

Sharing the Wisdom about Salesian Brother Vocation: Deep reflection from Rome - Brother Jess Garcia (PGS) By Bro. Jesus (Jess) Garcia, SDB Economer of St Joseph Community Sacro Cuore (Rome-Italy) RMG, 21 July 2018 -- Until this month Br. 'J...
    Date2018.07.22 CategoryRMG Reply1 Views1928 file
    Read More
  6. 5265(II)_BISPERAS SA VERITAS @15

ALA_5265 By Fr. Bernard P. Nolasco, SDB Makati City, the Philippines 3 December 2019 -- “Bisperas sa Veritas” has now been fifteen years on air. It had its initial broadcast on the eve of the First Sunday of Advent (Year A) in November, 200...
    Date2019.12.03 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1928 file
    Read More
  7. 3797_Missions Councilor celebrates 140th anniversary of the first Missionary expedition in Seoul

EAO Delegates meeting for the Youth Ministry and Missions By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB Seoul, Korea, November 11, 2015 - Fr. Guillermo Basanes, the Councilor for the Missions presided the Morning Eucharist on November 11, 2015 for the joint mee...
    Date2015.11.11 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1930 file
    Read More
  8. 3998(II)_Mobile Holy Door in the Diocese of Gizo

Solomon Islands - Mercy for all By ANS Gizo, Solomon Islands, 10 May 2016 - When he announced the Jubilee of Mercy Pope Francis said that a Door of Mercy should be opened in every diocese, "so that everyone will be able to experience the lo...
    Date2016.05.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1938 file
    Read More
  9. 4655(II)_Salesian World Map updated for 2018

Strengthening the sense of belonging to the world community By Fr. Filiberto Gonzalez, SDB General Councilor for the Social Communication RMG, 1 March 2018 -- Do you have in your Salesian school, your SDB community room or refectory or in t...
    Date2018.03.01 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1938 file
    Read More
  10. 4336(II)_Two Samurai for Jesus in Don Bosco style

By Cl. Iguchi, Br. Tsubaki and Fr. Michael Lap, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 25 March 2017 -- The two young Salesian novices in Japan took the first profession of vows before God, Church and Salesian family on 25th of March 2017, the feast of Annunci...
    Date2017.03.27 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1940 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 542 Next
/ 542