?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
20180617_EAO.jpg

EAO Region in the frontline of vocation discernment - San Callisto 2018

By Our Own Correspondent

EAO, 17 June 2018 -- The follow up letter after the May 26-28 Workshop organized by the Formation Councilor, Fr. Ivo Coelho and his team (Rome, San Callisto Community) had already sent to all 88 Salesian provinces, especially to the prenovitiate, novitiate and postnovitiate formation houses.

The three day workshop was participated by 10 Salesians from four continents, 4 SDB from the Formation sector, 6 SDB involved directly in formation - including also Br. Raymond Callo (EAO Regional Coordinator for Formation, FIN) and Fr. Philip Lazatin (Novice Director - Cebu, Lawaan).

The workshop was coordinated by Br. Raymond Callo, who focused on the understanding of the consecrated Salesian vocatoin, which is expressed in the complementarity of the Salesian Brother and the Salesian Priest. Beyond an extensive sharing about discernment praxis and good practices - how to help our candidates and novices to discern if God is calling them to become a Salesian Brother or Priest.

The process of accompaniment and discernment of candidates was analyzed, in the diversity of the environments. At the end the Workshop offered some proposals to help discern the vocation of the Salesian brother and of the Salesian priest.

Some Action points from the Follow Up letter of Fr. Ivo Coelho sent to all Provincials:

1. Foster the Formation of formators, spiritual guides and teachers for the postnovitiate and specific formation phases, with a special emphasis on the formation of Salesian Brother - Formators.

2. Supervision of formators and teams, with more systematic work of the provincial formation commissions.

3. Studying, how to give greater visibility to Salesian apostolic Consecration and the two forms in formation plans at different levels, provincial, local and personal.

4. Ensure that the postnovitiate is truly a continuation of the formation in the novitiate (C 114), we balance our well-prepared academic plans with well-prepared local formation plans.

5. Ensure proper accompaniment of weekend pastoral experiences, and especially of the practical training period, by training pastoral coordinators and directors of practical trainees in this area.

6. Ensure that formators are familiar with the Salesian documents pertaining to the two forms of our vocation.

On the Boscolink are available the good practices and criteria shared during the Workshop

We wish and pray that the incoming EAO Salesian Brother Congress will also bring more light how to ensure more solid and effective environment and conditions for the discernment of two forms of one Salesian Apostolic Consecrated Vocation (C 45).

20180617_EAO1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4780(I)_First Melanesian Salesians’ Encounter

By Cl. Conrad Vamilat, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 30 June 2018 -- We seven Melanesian Salesians had an encounter together with the Provincial of the PGS Province Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB from 27th-30th of June at the Provincial House Port More...
    Date2018.07.06 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views1212 file
    Read More
  2. 4779_Listening to 52 Salesian Brothers

First step of the EAO Salesian Brother Congress 2018 By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 4 July 2018 -- Five weeks before the opening of the 2018 EAO Salesian Brother Congress we can already harvest first fruits of one year long preparation journ...
    Date2018.07.05 CategoryEAO Reply3 Views1782 file
    Read More
  3. 4778_Care, Promotion, Understanding of Salesian Brother Vocation

Interview with Bro. John Thanad By Our Own Correspondent Bangkok, Thailand, 3 July 2018 -- My life model is Saint Joseph: What makes you joyful as Salesian Brother? God has called me to be a Salesian Brother of Don Bosco. I am confident tha...
    Date2018.07.04 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1290 file
    Read More
  4. 4777(II)_Love with deeds!

Salesian Youth Day (Primary Section) By Miss Phyllis Tang Salesian Youth Ministry Coordinator Hong Kong, 30 June 2018 -- The annual event Salesian Youth Day (Primary Section) was held on 30 June in Salesian Yip Hon Millennium Primary School...
    Date2018.07.03 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views743 file
    Read More
  5. 4777(I)_Pusology accademia

An Accademia in honor of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus By Cl. John Paolo Romero, SDB Canlubang, the Philippines, 30 June 2018 -- The Post-novitiate community, with the participation of some Salesian youth, staged an Accademia entitled “Pus...
    Date2018.07.03 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1466 file
    Read More
  6. 4776(II)_What can we learn from the Soccer World Cup fans?

World Cup 2018 and Japanese Cleaning Fans By Fr. Vaclav Klemnet EAO, 1 July 2018 -- Still two more weeks of the Soccer World Cup 2018 fever, until the Final game on July 15. Watching the football games in large international Salesian commun...
    Date2018.07.02 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1973 file
    Read More
  7. 4776(I)_Animation of the Don Bosco Alumni goes through (In)formation

The Exallievi Newsflash June 2018 (Issue 30) By Don Bosco Alumni World Confederation Rome, Italy, 24 June 2018 -- Many of the 31 groups of Salesian Family are present and active in all five continents and many countries. In order to keep th...
    Date2018.07.02 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1135 file
    Read More
  8. 4775(III)_Be My Light!

Priestly ordination of Dcn Philip Huang Long-hsuan, SDB By Fr. Anthony Pun, SDB Tainan, Taiwan, 30 June 2018 -- By the prayer, imposition of hands and anointment of holy oil, Cardinal Zen, Salesian and Bishop emeritus of Hong Kong, ordained...
    Date2018.07.01 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1673 file
    Read More
  9. 4775(II)_God continues to sent, guide and prepare me in the mission

Two Vietnamese missionaries will be ordained in Ireland By Dcn Dominic Binh Nguyen, SDB Maynooth, Ireland, 29 June 2018 -- With praise and gratitude to the Almighty God, two us us, Paul Binh and Dominic Binh will be ordained priest on Sunda...
    Date2018.07.01 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1153 file
    Read More
  10. 4775(I)_Share What did you Learn - Don Bosco Preventive System

New teachers are meeting the heart of Don Bosco in Hua Hin By Bro. John Baptist Thanad, SDB Hua Hin, Thailand, 24 June 2018 -- Thai Salesian Province held the Seminar in Hua Hin house for our new teachers. There were 64 teachers, coming fro...
    Date2018.07.01 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views883 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 542 Next
/ 542