austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20171123_GIA.jpg

Interview with Br. Takeshita Naokatsu (GIA)

By Our Own Correspondent

Tokyo, Japan, 23 November 2017 -- From April 2016, Br. Takeshita is an associate editor of the monthly provincial newsletter 'Bonta' and dedicates himself to this work with joy, competence, respect. Since May 2017 is also in charge as editor of the monthly video messages of the provincial (during the sabbatical year of Fr. Michael Lap, now in Ireland). Next year will join the Sandor Community in Paranaque for the specific formation of Salesian Brother (FIN).

What makes you joyful as Salesian Brother?

According a short experience as consecrated Salesian, my joy is to share the gifts God gave me for the Salesian mission to the young people. When I offer all for the sake of the young people, I'm most happy. Important for my happiness as Salesian Brother is to get some professional preparation. I'm most inclined to the music or social communication ministry. Ideal of my joy is to stay amidst the young and develop my gifts to serve them better.

Do you have any models as Salesian Brother?

After reading the biographies of 33 Salesian Brothers in the beginning of the Congregation I felt the attraction of Br. Giuseppe Buzzetti. Although they are different from our times, they offer many meaningful inspiration on my vocation journey.

Then are many good role-models or examples: First encounter with Br. Raymond Callo (‘Mon’) in February 2017 in Tokyo. Also during the EAO Soc.Com. delegate meeting in Tokyo (2015) I was impressed by Br. Ephrem, he inspired me a lot in my vocation journey. Also Br. Sudo, who is member of our community is for me a vocation point of reference. And finaly I respect very much one senior Salesian Brother in Chofu community - Br. Fumio Akabae, as revered model of Salesian Brother.

What is the specific contribution of the Salesian Brother to our mission & community?

Charismatic element is felt very much. We need both faces of Don Bosco - as Priest and Brother. Like the presence of Br. Tono in the provincial council (Provincial Economer), or the presence of Br. Sudo (future provincial secretary) in the Provincial Project Team does contribute to the full expression of our charism in Japan.

How to make the vocation of Salesian Brother more visible in the Church?

We need the presence of Salesian Brothers in our parishes. We need to talk and introduce this vocation to the faithful. Senior Salesian Brothers were working much only ‘within the houses’ and were almost invisible in the Church. For example the proposal of Br. Kikama, who was in Beppu as member of the Oita diocesan commission for vocations, it was very important for us. Also in the Japan context the evangelizing presence of the Brother as catechist in the Catholic school would be a very precious witnessing presence.

What does sustain your vocation?

I'm growing in my vocation with stronger convictions: inner motivation as light from God, that I was chosen personally by our Lord. I'm stronger in vocation when I listen to His interior voice. Especially the week long annual spiritual retreat is very helpful for me and does strengthe my inner vocation conviction. Also in my every day life, when I'm facing some challenges in my work or relationship, I use to return to listen to this inner voice. It give me energy, it's very helpful.

Any expectations for the path towards the 2018 Salesian Brothers Congress?

First of all, I would like to find myself with same Salesian Brothers from different countries and cultures. Although I have some concern about the common language, I will find common points of the Salesian vocation within the diversity of many countries of our region.

The photos are taken in Chofu during the video production of the November Provincial message with the two newly arrived missionaries Cl. Abuto (Kenya) and Cl. Jeswin (India).

20171123_GIA1.jpg

20171123_GIA3.jpg

20171123_GIA4.jpg

20171123_GIA5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4586(I)_The Mission of VDB Today

Towards the 8th General Assembly July 2019 By Olga K., VDB (From the VDB Formation Magazine 'Crescere' n.4/2017') Rome, 18 December 2017 -- “The world is knocking at our hearts”- Give me a drink” (John 4:7) During the 100th anniversary of t...
    Date2017.12.19 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1134 file
    Read More
  2. 4585(III)_Don Bosco Sunday School Share The Spirit Of Christmas With The Old People

At Home Of Compassion And The Old Sisters At Wailoku, Suva By Br. Sinapati Ioane, SDB Suva, Fiji, 18 December 2017 -- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly Merry Christmas.” – Peg Bracken It’s that time of the ...
    Date2017.12.18 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1948 file
    Read More
  3. 4585(II)_Live and work together make me joyful in the Salesian life

Interview with a Vietnamese Salesian Brother Mission in Belgium (Project Europe) By Our Own Correspondent Hechtel, Belgium, 17 December 2017 -- Br. Joseph Hoan Pham, SDB is one of the 20 Salesian Brothers - missionaries ad gentes living and...
    Date2017.12.18 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1201 file
    Read More
  4. 4585(I)_27 new Salesian Cooperators Promised in Korea

During the annual Advent Retreat in Daejeon By KOR-ASC Daejeon, Korea -- December 2~3rd 2017 there held an Annual Retreat and the Promise of 27 new Salesian Cooperators in Korea. About 180 Salesian Cooperators gathered together,some of them...
    Date2017.12.18 CategoryASC Reply0 Views727 file
    Read More
  5. 4584(III)_Starting from the rooms of Don Bosco

EAO Student confreres of UPS visited the Sacred Heart!: First EAO encounter at Sacro Cuore By Fr. Dominic Savio Seong, SDB Sacro Cuore, Rome, 15 December 2017 -- The traditional semestral encounter of the EAO confreres - students in Rome to...
    Date2017.12.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1555 file
    Read More
  6. 4584(II)_Revival of Don Bosco's Oratory

A new book on the experience of Don Bosco in the Valdocco Oratory By Our Own Correspondent UPS, 14 December 2017 -- For all English reading Salesians it's a great gift. Fr. Michal Vojtas is a Salesian Priest from Slovakia, during past 10 ye...
    Date2017.12.16 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1029 file
    Read More
  7. 4584(I)_Quinquenium Seminar on Psycho-Spiritual

By Fr. Julio Motta, SDB Comoro, Indonesia, 14 December 2017 -- A group of fourteen Salesians composed of 2 lay brothers perpetually professed and 12 priests underwent an on-going formation the so-called quinquenium. The main theme of this f...
    Date2017.12.16 CategoryINA Reply1 Views1133 file
    Read More
  8. 4583_First Advent experience in Kuching - Malaysia

By Fr. Andre Belo, SDB Kuching, Malaysia, 14 December 2017 -- "We are in the time of Advent, preparing for the Lord Jesus who is coming to us. We wait for Him as He waits and hopes for each one of us personally to come to Him. It is the tim...
    Date2017.12.15 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1561 file
    Read More
  9. 4582_The Namuncurá Experience

By Asp. Palep Begiglen Port Moresby, PNG, 10 December 2017 -- We had several sessions that prepared us for our Salesian Missionary Experience which is a new formation program for first year College aspirants of our of PGS Vice-Province. Dur...
    Date2017.12.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1156 file
    Read More
  10. 4581(II)_Strong appeal to the Salesian apostolic generosity

Missionary Call of the Rector Major 2017 By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 8 December 2017 -- Three months after the 148th Salesian missionary expedition with 20 new missionaries, the 10th sucessor of Don Bosco does renew his missionary appeal ...
    Date2017.12.13 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views1887 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 542 Next
/ 542