austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20161005_WOR.jpg

By Cl. Lo Po Tak Anthony, SDB

Lungi, Sierra Leone, 4 October 2016 -- In this academic year in Sierra Leone, I am assigned to visit 5 different outstation schools, so I have to go to different school everyday for my apostolate. There are no Salesians working there, and my mission is to build up Salesian Spirit in those schools, and by using different activities to make the students enjoy their school lives. I am going to use music, creative arts, physical education, games and Chinese Kung Fu to let them experience the other aspects of learning.

The most important thing is bring the students closer to God, let them immerse in the joy and love of God. At the same time, it also help the teachers to understand more about Don Bosco Preventive System, showing them how to use the loving kindness to be a good friend with the students, no need to use punishments that the students can behave very well.

Every school has there own policy and settings, it is a big challenge for me to make a plan for different schools, I try to talk to the principals and teachers for understanding more about the schools and our students, so that I can make a good plan to fit for their situations and conditions. Even though it is full of difficulties and challenges, I am so happy to face about these, because how I do need to be afraid in the presence of God for helping and protecting me. The only thing I can do is entrust all of my works and students to God, I try my best to fulfill what I can do, and God will do the rest for me. More difficulties and challenges, more blessings I have received from God.

And I am always asking myself, "Do I see Christ in the children and young people whom I meet today?" In my reflections and prayers, I realize He is always sending His blessings and sharing His Love to me through those children and young people. I am really blessed and loved by Him.

Please continue to pray for me and our Lungi mission in Sierra Leone. surely, i am always do the same to you.

NB: Anthony arrived one year ago to the AFW Province (English speaking Western Africa), he spend 6 months in Ghana and since last April does continue his practical training in Sierra Leone.

Related story:

20161005_WOR1.jpg

20161005_WOR2.jpg

20161005_WOR3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6145_Young Thais Attend the Screening of the DBGYFF

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 18 October 2023 – From 13-14 October 2023, the Salesian Province of Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos sent 14 short films to compete at the "2nd Don Bosco Global Youth Film Festival 2023". The participation was...
    Date2023.10.18 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1233 file
    Read More
  2. 5253(II)_Preparations for celebrating the 10th anniversary of Fr John Lee, SDB

ALA_5253 By Fr Samuel Yu, SC office Korea Seoul, Korea, 17 November 2019 -- Next year of, 2020, Korea will remember the 10th anniversary of the death of their most famous Salesian missionary, the late Fr John Lee Tae Sok. He was sent by the...
    Date2019.11.17 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1233 file
    Read More
  3. 4693(II)_How do we grow towards the ASC Province?

Path towards the ASC Province of Timor Leste - 2018 By Fr. Acacio de Castro, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 9 April 2018 -- After the EAO Tokyo Congress (May 2017) the Salesian Cooperators of East Timor start to prepare the establishment of the ASC...
    Date2018.04.09 CategoryTLS Reply1 Views1233 file
    Read More
  4. 4410(I)_Fr Fortunato Giacomin - preliminary stage of the process started

By Fr. Charles Saw, SDB Superior of the Myanmar Vice-province MYM Anisakan, Myanmar, 11 June 2017 -- I'm writing this important letter on the Solemnity of the Holy Trinity to all Salesian Confreres, the Salesian Family members and all who k...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryMYM Reply3 Views1233 file
    Read More
  5. 3926(I)_EAO Provincial Economers Meeting in Myanmar - Resolutions

By Fr. Andy Satura, SDB EAO regional coordinator Anisacan, Myanmar, March 1 – 3, 2016 - All 24 participants of the 2016 Myanmar - Anisakan (Don Bosco Retreat House) EAO economers meeting are already leaving back home with many happy memorie...
    Date2016.03.04 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1233 file
    Read More
  6. 5152(II)_A beautiful Provincial Community Day VIE

By Fr. Joseph Am, SDB Xuan Hiep, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 26 July 2019 -- We have just concluded the Provincial Community day. It started at 8 a.m. with the Eucharistic celebration in St John Bosco parish church (Xuan Hiep, HCM) celebrate...
    Date2019.07.27 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1232 file
    Read More
  7. 4232_We need just one miracle!

Already 25 years of Mons Cimatti Venerable By Fr. Gaetano Compri, SDB Vice-postulator - Cause of Fr Vincent Cimatti On the 21st December 2016 we remember already 25th anniversary of Mons Vincent Cimatti declared by the Church a "Venerable"....
    Date2016.12.20 CategoryGIA Reply2 Views1232 file
    Read More
  8. 5318(II)_A good chance to return to our home at Valdocco

ALA_5318 GC28 - Rector Major invites all to docility, fidelity and hope! By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 16 February 2020 -- Travelling for hours (Europe) or days (Samoa!) from all parts of the world, most of the 222 Delegates of ...
    Date2020.02.17 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views1231 file
    Read More
  9. 4808(I)_Official start of Salesian Viceprovince of INA

First provincial for Indonesia, Fr. Andrew Wang installed By Fr. Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 1 August 2018 -- For the Salesians of Indonesia, June 8, 2018 is a day to remember. After about 20 years of being part of the ITM (Indones...
    Date2018.08.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1231 file
    Read More
  10. 4716(II)_God is blessing the THA Province with new Salesians

Two first professions and two new novices in Thailand By Br. Sarapran Kaeser, SDB Chiangmai,Thailand, 1 May 2018 -- At Salesianum Sampran, Fr Aaron Alcoseba the vice Provincial with the councils received the renewal of temporary vows of thr...
    Date2018.05.04 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1231 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 543 Next
/ 543