?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160411_GIA.jpg

By Fr. Antonio Takei, SDB
Aspirantate, Japan

Yokkaichi, Japan, April 11, 2016 - In this third interview we listen to one young priest of Vietnamese origin, who is part of the formation team in the Yokkaichi Aspirantate in central Japan, assisting with other 3 perpetually professed members 15 Aspirants - High school students.

As young Salesian you were looking for spiritual direction formation?

Being a young Salesian, there’s always a moment that I look on the spiritual direction as part of my on-going formation. This is a great opportunity to understand my commitment and feel the presence of God in my life. So, I like to share these moments of God’s presence:

During my theological studies, I was accepted in the Tokyo-Sophia University which is administered by the Jesuits. With the help of my professors, I learned various theological subjects, the Scriptures, theological thoughts, history and teachings of the Church. This was led me to understand the presence of God in my life and in the society! In that period, I had spiritual director who guided me to understand some questions regarding my faith and vocation. Especially, in the time of my preparation to say “Yes” forever in the final vows, during my retreats, he helped me so that I was be able to understand deeply my Salesian vocation as deacon and priest. In this way I believed with trust that God called me as He always manifested His presence my life.

As young Salesian priest do you feel confident to offer the service of spiritual direction?

Just being true to myself and to the Salesian community, I believe that every Salesian is looking how he can actively contribute and share our God’s gift for the benefit of all. This self-less sharing of God’s gift shows the totality our following in Christ.

However, to enter serve others in the service of spiritual guide, it does need a deeply grounded experience. I don't feel yet confident that I may be able to perform this kind of ministry. I don’t think further studies are necessary to have an effective spiritual direction; but it does mean a lot.

At this moment I can do, is to be and to live always with young people. I culled out a scriptural verse as a sort of discerning on this regard, “Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid.” (Mk 6:50). This reminds me also that Jesus Christ is always with me and helping me to follow him in the spirit of the Preventive system.

In a typical Salesian environment the community and personal spiritual direction goes together?

I was born in Viet Nam and I came to Japan to stay with my family when I was a teenager. When I was 21 years old I decided to enter the Salesian Congregation. Now, I have been living in the Salesian Congregation for 15 years and have become a priest 4 years ago. I have never any regret, I thank God for making me realized my vocation through the presence of my superiors, my confreres who lived in the same community with me in the past as well in the present community. Looking back, I had never feel being alone or be abandoned from the community where I lived. It was really an experience of Family Spirit as the key characteristic of the Salesian Charism. I give thanks for many senior Salesians who tried to become a friend for me, who were able to walk with me in my journey and conversed with me. It was really like Jesus who walked and conversed with His disciples on the way to Emmaus (Lk 24).

So, considering this question, I could say that I am not able to see God in my eyes but I can see and find Him through my community’s members and also through the people, especially through the youth that I meet in daily experience.

How is the passage from the formation house to the full apostolic experience in the Yokkaichi aspirantate?

In March 2013 I was sent to Yokkaichi community - Aspirantate, established in 1996 and is located in Kyoto Diocese. At present, there are 4 priests and 15 Aspirantats. I'm really happy in my community as a Vice-rector, administrator, teaching in the nearby Catholic school with our Rector, Fr Kitawaga Daisuke, who was ordained two years ahead of me and help us to work as one team. The Aspirants make me understand deeply my Salesian vocation; how to be and to live with the youth. For me, every thing is a privilege from God. Without the presence of God I couldn't do anything. So, I am still in the process of learning.

Any advice to the young Salesians or candidates to the Salesian consecrated life like your Aspirants?

As a young priest, I do not have a lot of experience; but, I will share what have I experienced in my journey.

• As young Salesians we have to make friends with the young people, walk with them and encourage them to achieve a personal relationship with Jesus.
  • As followers of Jesus, we have to imitate Him as we deepen a personal relationship with God through listening to the Word, receiving advice from spiritual director by frequent confession and Eucharist.
  • A members of one specific community, we are not here by accident. We are really called by God, and we love Him such that we decided to left everything for Him. We help each other on this journey.
  • As disciples of Don Bosco we have to be evangelizers of the young in every situation. We learn always from him this attitude: “For you I study, for you I work, for you I live, for you I am ready even to give my life.”

20160411_GIA1.jpg

20160411_GIA2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4045_Salesian Youth Ministry in the School - one step forward

By Fr Ronachai Mathavabhandhu, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 22 June 2016 -- The Youth Pastoral Commission of the THA Province organized a seminar on the theme of “Youth pastoral in school.” There were about 25 participants of this seminar: Salesi...
    Date2016.06.25 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views959 file
    Read More
  2. 5921(III)_Apostolic Letter TOTUM AMORIS EST - Pope Francis

Vatican City, 30 December 2022 -- Exactly on the 400th anniversary day of St Francis de Sales’ death (28 December 2022) Pope Francis published his Apostolic Letter Totum Amoris Est (Everything Pertains to Love). Our present Pontiff co...
    Date2022.12.30 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views958 file
    Read More
  3. 5689(IV)_‘Come and Help Us!’

Bosconians bring to life Dream of Don Bosco for Oceania By Isabella Saleu Gabutu, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 9 September 2021 -- 250 students from Don Bosco Technical School took part in a captivating musical entitled: ‘Come and ...
    Date2021.09.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views958 file
    Read More
  4. 5602(II)_Passing of First Asian member of the General Council, Fr Thomas Panakezham

By our own correspondent World, 25 April 2021 -- "In two days two great Salesians (Fr Jose Carbonell and Fr Thomas Panakezham) have left us to enter into the glory of God. They have contributed immensely to the Salesian mission, of Asia and...
    Date2021.04.25 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views958 file
    Read More
  5. 4408(I)_Celebrating Blessed Stephen Sandor

By Bro. Aliester D’Souza, SDB photos: Cl. Jerome Quinto, SDB Parañaque City, the Philippines, 8 June 2017 -- With pomposity, ceremony and solemnity, the Salesians at the center of studies in Parañaque celebrated the blessed martyr and Sales...
    Date2017.06.14 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views958 file
    Read More
  6. 4124_Preparing for the Salesian Garden

By Fr. Carmelo Simoncelli, SDB Beppu, Salesio House In charge Beppu, Japan, 6 September 2016 -- Like the Braga House in Hong Kong - China, also our Salesio House in Beppu, Southern Japan - Kyushu Island, is a haven for the elderly and sick ...
    Date2016.09.06 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views958 file
    Read More
  7. 6204_Provincial Missionary Activity Day: Salesian Family celebration

By Viet SocCom Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 19 November 2023 -- “Be a witness of Mercy and Forgiveness” - This message of Pope Francis during his visit to Mongolia is the theme of the 2023 PROVINCIAL MISSIONARY ACTIVITY DAY, organized by...
    Date2023.11.19 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views957 file
    Read More
  8. 5624(I)_Inspiring young Catholic joins DB Indonesia's YouTube channel to witness to his faith

By Fr. Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 7 June 2021 -- Indonesia is one the few countries in the world that have been producing the world best badminton athletes. Today, the country has Jonatan Christie, 23 years old Catholic, who occup...
    Date2021.06.07 CategoryINA Reply0 Views957 file
    Read More
  9. 5580(I)_New Director of ASMOAF (AUL Mission Office) - Ms Tina Newton

Gratitude for outgoing Director Br Michael Lynch By Lauren Hichaaba Delegate for Mission Animation Director, Cagliero Project Melbourne, Australia, 9 March 2021 -- Greetings from busy Salesian Mission Office, Australia-Pacific Province - AS...
    Date2021.03.09 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views957 file
    Read More
  10. 5290(I)_Fr. Monix, a passionate and faithful Salesian

ALA_5290 By FIS Commission of Social Communication Borongan Eastern Samar, The Philippines, 6 January 2020 -- On Monday 6 January, the Salesian Family, in the presence of Bishop Peter Baquero, SDB, DD of Kerema and Bishop Crispin Varquez, D...
    Date2020.01.07 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views957 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 543 Next
/ 543