?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 3453 Comment 3

20160108_FIN.jpg

By Fr. David Buenaventura, SDB

Manila, Philippines, 5 January 2016 - The old man is gone to heaven. The confession box at the back of St. John Bosco Parish (Manila – Makati) will no longer be the same. As is best friend, Mr. Pacheco texted me yesterday: “Although he appeared strict and demanding we will miss him”.

Yes, we will miss Fr. Adolf Faroni. But his death is a very strong reminder to all of us that our real home is heaven. We build houses for ourselves. We decorate them. We become settled in life. Very few people like moving around from one place to another. And yet despite the fact that we are so settled where we are, death reminds us that this is not our real home. Our homeland is heaven.

As we pay your respects to Fr. Faroni, it is good to ask ourselves what we are doing to prepare ourselves to occupy our homes in heaven. When it is our time to leave this world?

The Lord gave Fr. Faroni ample time to prepare himself for his real home. Yes, he was a stern and demanding as a person. But we, Salesians are like that, we do a lot of crazy things, but the bottom line is… we love the people we serve. Fr. Faroni would shout, lose his temper, even paternally hit you with his cane, but always with the intention to shake us up and to awaken the godly in us.

During his last weeks with us, he transformed himself into a humble, loving, thoughtful, and caring person. He asked forgiveness from his caregivers, from Salesians he met and even from those working at our bookstore. He knew his end was near. He knew that he had to leave everything that was dear to him in order to be worthy of that which all throughout his life he had worked and longed for.

Fr. Faroni is now heading to his real home. What he needs from us now are our prayers said with love. Flowers we offer will fade away. Homilies we say of him will be forgotten…But our prayers said with love have the power to forgive his sins and transform Fr. Faroni into a worthy resident of his home, our home, God’s Kingdom.

Fr. Adolf Faroni:

• He was the most senior member of FIN province.
  • Born in Treviso, Italy in 1923.
  • Has one brother, Giovanni Paolo, Salesian priest, former missionary in Japan, since 2003 living in Italy.
  • His family migrated to Argentina, Buenos Aires.
  • Fr. Adolf joined the Congregation when he was a catechist in the ‘Colegio San Francisco de Sales, Almagro (Buenos Aires).
  • He did his first profession on January 31st 1947 in Morón, Postnovitiate (1947-1949) and practical training in Bernal and Ramos Mejía (1950-1952).
  • In 1953 left for his theological studies in England (Beckford and Melchet Court and was ordained there on 7th July 1957.
  • Since that time he spent almost 60 years as a missionary in the Philippines, last twenty years as a confessor in the St. John Bosco Parish – Makati, Metro Manila.

20160108_FIN1.jpg

20160108_FIN2.jpg

20160108_FIN3.jpg

20160108_FIN4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • Bob Coupe SDB 2016.01.08 18:41

Happy memories of Adolf Faroni in Melchet Court. Always pleasant-mannered and

courteous - can't imaging him clobbering anyone with a walking stick!

Bob Coupe SDB

• vaclav 2016.01.13 22:04

A good friend of mine but especially of my fellow Catholic Apologist Ed "Chief" de Vera -- Fr Adolf Faroni SDB -- passed away yesterday. He had a passion for hearing confessions. His little books that he compiled and printed are great reading and showcase many Marian apparitions and Catholic truths. We will miss visiting him in his office in Don Bosco Makati. His mission was mentioned by Our Lady to a visionary who was instructed to look for a "priest in the Philippines" for the translation and printing of her book with messages from heaven. God bless you Fr Faroni and tell the angels to help and protect your friends and clients in the confessional. (FB message, Jan 6,2016)

• faith faburada 2016.01.14 11:38 FilesAttachment (1)
    Fr. Faroni may not know me by name but the few very special encounters with him had touched me in so many ways and will forever be treasured. I wouldn't forget the time when we went to the parish bookstore and he made me choose which Miraculous Medal of Our Lady I like and he gave it to me; then he shooed me away after giving the medal so that I wont pay :) :) :)   It is with much regret that I learned of his passing away 3 days after he was laid to rest  :(  Rest well, dearest Father Confessor.  Thank you for your wisdom.  Thank you for your love.  You will always be in my prayers.    IMG_1531.JPG

1. 5739(VII)_Korea ASC Advent Retreat and The Promise

By 대리청사목 Seoul, Korea, 29 November 2021 -- Korea ASC held its Advent Retreat and during the Mass there was the Promise. About 200 Cooperators, Aspirants, Delegates attended. Owing to the Covid-19 Pandemic there was no nationwide gather...
    Date2021.11.29 CategoryASC Reply0 Views3454 file
    Read More
  2. 3862(II)_A tribute to Fr. Adolf Faroni

By Fr. David Buenaventura, SDB Manila, Philippines, 5 January 2016 - The old man is gone to heaven. The confession box at the back of St. John Bosco Parish (Manila – Makati) will no longer be the same. As is best friend, Mr. Pacheco texted ...
    Date2016.01.08 CategoryFIN Reply3 Views3453 file
    Read More
  3. 3715(II)_The largest pilgrim group from the EAO – China province Salesian Family

By Mr. Philip Yu, ASC The largest pilgrim group of 120 participants from the EAO region at the major celebrations in Turin – Valdocco arrived from China province, animated by the Salesian Cooperators (August 3-21) with 83 from Hong Kong, 27...
    Date2015.08.21 CategoryCIN Reply3 Views3453 file
    Read More
  4. 5679(II)_Embracing Culture, the Bosconian Way

By Willie Kessi Junior, Don Bosco Araimiri Araimiri, Gulf Province PNG, 24 August 2021 -- Don Bosco Araimiri Secondary School, Gulf province celebrated the 206th birthday of Don Bosco, the patron saint of the young. Embracing Culture, the B...
    Date2021.08.24 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views3425 file
    Read More
  5. 3588_Katmandu: Salesians already in action

Since we have 3 communities in Nepal which were not affected, our confreres are in good position to help the victims and contribute to other emergency relief action By George Menamparampil The Salesians are in several places in Nepal, but t...
    Date2015.04.28 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views3424 file
    Read More
  6. 3605_Searching for deeper Salesian Roots in the Pacific (RM in EAO_10)

By Our Own Correspondent Suva, Fiji, May 7 - The Rector and Director of novice in Suva, Don Bosco House community, Fr. Taisali Leuluai described this day as the meeting of the father with his ‘spoiled children’. Indeed it’s quite rare to se...
    Date2015.05.07 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views3420 file
    Read More
  7. 3593_The funeral mass of Fr. Jose Generoso Taqueban

By Jerome Quinto (Canlubang, Philippine) 30 April 2015, monthly commemoration of St. John Bosco, a day filled with much gratefulness and thanksgiving. Fr. Paul Bicomong, Provincial Superior of the SDB-FIN lead the Salesian Family for the fu...
    Date2015.05.02 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views3417 file
    Read More
  8. 3585_FIN has a new Doctor

By Donnie Duchin Duya (Parañaque City, Philinppine): DBCS(Don Bosco Center of Studies) is proud to announce that there is a new doctor in the house—Fr. Anthony Nguyen Ngoc Dung, SDB, who obtained his Doctorate in Sacred Theology from the Un...
    Date2015.04.22 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views3412 file
    Read More
  9. 4970(II)_Servant of God Fr Carlo Braga, SDB, remembered at Canlubang

By Fr Ryan Oliver Bautista, SDB Canlubang, the Philippines, 3 January 2019 -- The Salesians and Lay Mission Partners of Don Bosco College Canlubang gathered to celebrate Mass at the Diocesan Shrine of Mary Help of Christians to usher in the...
    Date2019.01.04 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views3398 file
    Read More
  10. 4241(I)_The real protagonists (of the new evangelization) are saints!

Annual report 2016 from the General Postulator By Fr. Pier Luigi Cameroni General Postulator SDB RMG, 31 December 2016 -- With a sense of deep gratitude each one of us use to express the grateful heart at the end of the year. Also the Gener...
    Date2016.12.31 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views3394 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 542 Next
/ 542