Larger Font Smaller Font 向上 向下 Go comment 打印
?

Shortcut

Prev上一页 文章

Next下一页 文章

Larger Font Smaller Font 向上 向下 Go comment 打印
austraLasia #2528

SIGNIS World Congress: "the best for our project, for Don Bosco....."

CHIANG MAI: 20 October 2009 -- An event of world importance, certainly within the Catholic world, but with many wider implications, is taking place in Chiang Mai, Thailand at the moment: the SIGNIS World Congress - Children's Rights, tomorrows promise.  The Congress runs from 17 -21 October.
    A number of Salesians SDB and close collaborators, along with FMA are present for the Congress, some in official capacity.  Fr Peter Gonsalves, lecturer in the SC Faculty at the UPS is officially representing the Salesians Congregation on the SIGNIS Board and of course is in Chiang Mai on this occasion.  But anyone who has taken a look at the programme will note that one of today's workshops is being run by Fr Tom Kunnel SDB.  Tom is an Indian missionary who has been working many years in AFE, Kenya, and up until very recently was the director of BEAMS, a multimedia production group he has formed over the years in Nairobi. Tom's workshop today will showcase some of BEAMS work, under the title "Developing media education around the world".  Another venture coming from his leadership has been a re-presentation for the African context of the 'Shepherds for an Information Age' Salesian formation handbook for media education.
    Another participant, this time a 'local' in the sense that he is a Cambodian working closely with the Salesians, has written of his experience at the Congress. Kim Sean manages the Social Communication section at Don Bosco Sihanoukville, and is a member of the Cambodian Delegation of the Catholic Church to the Congress.
    Kim writes: "I am doing my best, especially showing our social communication section in Sihanoukville.  I trust in the blessing of God to do the best for our project, for Don Bosco and for the Cambodian Catholic Church.  I did two video clips with my group.  I am very happy with my group - they come from five different countries, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, India and Cambodia".  He goes to say "I think also about the Don Bosco anniversary of the 150 years of the Salesians. I will find a good place to mention it here in Chiang Mai.  I am getting a lot of experience in Thailand.  The Social Communication area is very open to the Catholic Church".

Click here to comment on this item, or here to assist with Glossary. You will need to enter 20eao02 when asked for a password.
 AustraLasia is an email service for the Salesian Family of Asia Pacific.  It also functions as an agency for ANS based in Rome.  For queries please contact admin@bosconet.aust.com . Use Bosconet-wiki to be interactive. RSS feeds - just go to Bosconet, click on austraLasia 2009 in the sidebar. You will see the RSS orange icon in your browser address bar - add it from there.  Or be interactive with the EAO Blog Cetera Tolle. Avail yourself of the Salesian Digital Library at http://sdl.sdb.org.

Title: australasia 2528
Subject and key words: EAO General: SIGNIS Congress Thailand
Date (year): 2009
ID: 2000-2099|2528

List of Articles
编号 分类 标题 查看
57 THA 2716_A 'vast movement of people to evangelise the young': EAO SF Delegates prepare 510
56 THA 2026_One year later - Salesianity Sampran Course fruits? 510
55 THA 2033_Outstanding Person in the Field of Disability - new award for Director of Skills Development Centre for the Blind 510
54 THA 1502_"DB, I LUV YA COZ UR BAD" 512
53 THA 3032_"Do your duty and get involved" 512
52 THA 2758_Thai Provincial's report on the DB Casket continued ... 514
51 THA 0979_Thai Salesians: For us the saddest thing is the orphaned children 516
50 THA 3119_Salesian Cooperators Retreat, THA 517
49 THA 1428_"Build the 'ban' with heart"! Thai Province 2006 slogan 517
48 THA 2065_Family Day in Bangkok takes up Strenna and Salesian Family Mission 518
47 THA 1621_Thai ordinations also a chance to catch up on Mamma Margaret 518
46 THA 2346_DB Day around the region 518
45 THA 2061_"Waves of love and grace" replace a Tsunami's destruction 519
44 THA 0938_New Thai Salesian Bishop comments on recent deaths in Southern Province 523
43 THA 0988_New Provincial assumes post with Profession of Faith officially assumed the post of Provincial for Thailand 524
42 THA 2016_Don Bosco Cambodia- Two Celebrations, Two styles - One Misssion 524
41 THA 1689_Salesian Sisters celebrate 75 years of mission in Thailand 525
40 THA 1561_Telling the story of Jesus in Asia - First Mission Congress in final stages of preparation 525
39 THA 0962_Thailand: Salesians look to new work in Chieng Mai 525
38 THA 1290_Thailand uses mid-term 3 week vacation for youth action 526
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
/ 8