Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 923 Comment 0

20170320_PGS.jpg

Rectors between temptation and spiritual animation

By Our own Correspondent

Port Moresby, PNG, 20 March 2017 -- Under the protection and guidance of Saint Joseph, the new provincial of PGS (Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands) started his 6 year period in service of authority. Next day after the installation Fr. Alfred Maravilla has held the first Rectors meeting, held in the provincial house in East Boroko, Don Bosco compound.

First part was dedicated to the formation of the 9 Rectors, with an animation by the EAO Regional Councilor. Quite lively, deep and insightful sharing focus on the rectors temptation and effective practices in animation of our communities. Seven rectors from PNG and two rectors of Solomon Islands with their provincial exchanged also some suggestions for growth in communication and communion within the province and with the whole Congregation (video messages of the Rector Major. Some points of Pope Francis wisdom about accompaniment (The Joy of the Gospel, art. 169-173) enlightened the joint reflection.

What are the temptations of the rector?

Complacency to do the same activities (as before). Tendency of not asking the confreres. Privileged oriented mentality, domination or authority exercised as power and not as a service. Mentality of 'I can do, what do I want.' Busy with my 'own things' forgetting what are the most important things in our community. Not appreciating enough the individuality of each confrere, while animating the whole community. Rector as manager, builder of infrastructures who put aside the community building. Paternalistic and not fatherly approach to our youth. Temptation of power, dont' like to step down after 20 years of this service.

What are the most effective animation tools in our communities?

• Personal presence of the Rector in common prayers, meals and break time of the school.
  • Regularity in everyday practices of piety - Eucharist, Morning and evening prayers, Rosary with the youth.
  • Weekly Bible sharing (Lectio divina) on Saturday morning.
  • Spend time of personal talk with each confrere (rendiconto, personal chat) with calm, as enriching time for the rector.
  • Knowing deeply each confrere, concern about their family and difficulties
  • Enjoy together our missionary life.
  • Making and sharing personal plan of life as good venue for the growth in communion.

In the second part of the rectors meeting the new Provincial listened to the needs of the communities, shared the EAO Team Visit experience and in the afternoon followed the provincial commissions encounter. In next few weeks Fr. Maravilla will continue his first round of community visits in both countries of the PGS Vice-province asking all confreres about their vision and life experience.

20170320_PGS2.jpg

20170320_PGS3.jpg

20170320_PGS4.jpg

20170320_PGS5.jpg

20170320_PGS6.jpg

20170320_PGS7.jpg

20170320_PGS8.jpg

20170320_PGS9.jpg

20170320_PGS10.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4424(I)_A pilgrimage…a journey…a commitment

Personal reflection of Fr. Roger Miranda sdb By Fr. Roger Miranda, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 1 july 2017 -- It was an advanced celebration of our Sacerdotal Silver Jubilee. Our batch decided to have our retreat pilgrimage to the Holy Land from...
    Date2017.07.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1075 file
    Read More
  2. 4410(III)_PNG Power technicians undergo training at DBTI

By Ms. Arlene Abital and Mr. Karl David Valmonte Port Moresby, PNG, 16 June 2017 -- Seventeen PNG Power Ltd. technicians have utilized the Maintenance Fitting and Machining facilities at Don Bosco Technological Institute (DBTI), Boroko from...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1228 file
    Read More
  3. 4406(I)_The Sacred Heart of Jesus - Hope for the hopeless

By Fr. Joseph Thanh, SDB Araimiri, PNG, 12, June 2017 -- During the past weeks, the Mary Help of Christians Parish Araimiri joyfully and gratefully welcomed a significant number of newly baptized in the parish. They are total of 55, young a...
    Date2017.06.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views720 file
    Read More
  4. 4402(I)_Play with courage, live with faith

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 2 June 2017 -- Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, Port Moresby, held the Opening of its annual Intramurals on the 2nd June, 2017. This yearly event had for its theme: ‘Play with Courage, Live ...
    Date2017.06.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views967 file
    Read More
  5. 4398(III)_"I was attracted by youth ministry!"

The Vocation story of Thomas Warwara By Asp. Thomas Warwara Port Moresby, PNG, 3 June 2017 -- Life is a journey, lived with family, friends, neighbours and the environment. One can only plan and live his or her life well with fervent prayer...
    Date2017.06.03 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1154 file
    Read More
  6. 4392_Let's be Communicators of Faith and Hope

Fact or Fiction: The truth in the Media By Mrs. Cecilia Amala Port Moresby, PNG, 29 MAy 2017 -- World Communications Day was celebrated on 28th May, 2017, with a thanksgiving Eucharistic celebration at the Shrine of Mary Help of Christians,...
    Date2017.05.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1108 file
    Read More
  7. 4389(II)_DBTS honours Mary, the Mother and Protectress of our family

By Mr Narol Sapak and Fr. Angel Sanchez, SDB Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea -- On the 24th of May 2017, the Educative Pastoral Community of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, gathered to celebrate the Feast of Mary Help of Christians at he...
    Date2017.05.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1015 file
    Read More
  8. 4388(I)_Celebrations at Mary Help of Christians Parish, Sabama

By Mrs. Violet Ikupu, ASC Port Moresby, PNG, 24 May 2017 -- The parish of Mary Help of Christians, Sabama had a nice celebration on 21st May, 2017. It was held in the community playing field of Pari, a mass centre of the parish. Nearly 700 ...
    Date2017.05.24 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views4972 file
    Read More
  9. 4381(I)_Missions Group

Members of the Missions group, from left to right: Joshua Tarere, Michael Tuka, Peter Kamara, Pius Yawalele, Fr. Alfred Maravilha, Fr. Pedro Sachitula, Justine Mautu, and Raphael Gobi Savio Haus Aspirantate, PGS By Fr. Pedro Sachitula, SDB ...
    Date2017.05.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views33154 file
    Read More
  10. 4379(III)_Living story of Araimiri - built on sand and sea

Araimiri Parish - Living the periphery of PNG By Fr. Joseph Thanh, SDB PGS Viceprovince Araimiri, PNG, 11 May 2017 -- The name "ARAIMIRI" is quite familiar and popular to every Salesians and volunteers who have had experience in Papua New G...
    Date2017.05.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views901 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 55 Next
/ 55