Don Bosco Tekla Center, Cambodia, 28 January 2023 -- On 14 January, at the FMA Don Bosco Tekla Center, after Mass celebrated by the Salesian Delegate and Superior for Cambodia, Fr Roel Soto, the Cambodian Salesian Family worked on the conclusions of the Spirituality Days 2023 'As the Yeast in today's human family'.
The 7 Salesian Family groups in Cambodia (SDB, FMA, SIHM Sisters, VDB, Salesian Cooperators, DB Past pupils and FMA past pupils) joined the Salesian Family Spirituality Days this year with these 3 main objectives:
- A great Opportunity to grow together as a big family
- Inspire each other with best practices and initiatives
- Share our spiritual experiences and empower each other
Besides the input from the EAO and WORLD level Salesian Family Spirituality Days, there were also contributions from Cambodia's SDBs and FMAs followed by the group sharing regarding the following question: How can you be the Yeast in this society? Here are some of the results of this joint Salesian Family wisdom:
- To be Yeast that is alive.
- To Love and share.
- Through patience and forgiveness.
- Responsible for what we do.
- To Sacrifice own comfort zone.
- Follow the norms and rules in the society.
- Do own duties with Love.
- To love others, teach other to love themselves.
- To be a model - do more than talk.
- To encourage and inspire others.
- Live with a deep awareness that we (each one) are all important.
- Focus on the work for the young and especially the youth in need.
- To be kind to others.
- To share the vision of Don Bosco to the young and let them know Don Bosco.
- Be honest in doing own duties.
- To teach and guide young people to be a good person and honest citizen.
- Use our preventive system of Reason, religion, and loving kindness.
These are the honest group sharing results and we are happy to take them away to each of our communities, to put them into practice in our daily lives. So we may become yeast among young people. When we work and share our responsibility together we become richer and stronger, day by day in spreading the good news to our young people.