austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20210527_PGS-(1).jpg

By Israel Erari

Don Bosco Araimiri, Gulf Province, PNG 27 May 2021 -- ‘I do believe that Mary the Mother of God is the Help of Christians.’ This was the sentiment shared by the students of Don Bosco, Araimiri, in Gulf Province, as they celebrated the Feast of Mary Help of Christians.

The Feast which falls on 24 May began with a Eucharistic Mass celebration, celebrated by the Rector, Fr. Pankaj Xalxo sdb and Fr. Tinh sdb, administrator of the school, as concelebrant.

A melodious liturgy was animated by male students from the boarding house who were assisted by Br Conrad Valimat sdb and Noah, an aspirant of the Salesians, accompanied the Mass celebration following very lively entrance and offertory processions led by the students of East and West Kerema.

Fr. Pankaj, during his homily challenged and encouraged the students to establish a relationship with God as that was the most important relationship one could ever have and one that could stand through the storms of life. “Each of you must have a relationship with God, even through difficult times”, he stressed.

A Marian quiz then followed the Mass celebration, where a class representative was tested on their knowledge of the life of our Blessed Mother. Students were given questions and answers which they studied prior to the Feast Day. This year’s quiz champions were the senior students of grade 12.

Organized by teachers Mr. Willie and Mr. Finel, the second part of the program saw students in a sea of red, blue, green and yellow sports t-shirts. They battled it out in ball games as well as fun games which left them panting for breath as they fought to take home victory for their house colors promoting the ‘Run, jump, make noise but do not sin’ lifestyle that St. John Bosco taught his boys 200 years ago in Turin.

Lauren Iwa, a grade 11 student in her account of the day’s events shared her enjoyment saying she had a marvelous time. “The Eucharistic celebration was very wonderful as it really inspired me. The games were so much fun but even though very exhausting I still pushed through when I remembered a quote of Don Bosco ‘An empty mind is the devil’s workshop’. I am looking forward to more celebrations”, she expressed.

The day concluded with a combined delicious dinner. Everyone indulged themselves in delicious pork meat as they watched the night programs that had Marian dramas and songs that depicted Mary the mother of Jesus and our mother too.

20210527_PGS-(2).jpg

20210527_PGS-(3).jpg

20210527_PGS-(4).jpg

20210527_PGS-(6).jpg

20210527_PGS-(7).jpg

20210527_PGS-(8).jpg

20210527_PGS-(9).jpg

20210527_PGS-(10).jpg

20210527_PGS-(11).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4647(I)_Missionary availability of the Salesians make miracle in Palabek

Wonderful response to the missionary appeal - Uganda 2018 By Frs. Arasu Lazar and Ubaldino Andrade, SDB Palabek, Uganda, 19 February 2018 -- Last week some distinguished visitors from Rome (Missions and Social Communication sector), Fr. Cam...
    Date2018.02.21 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views905 file
    Read More
  2. 4631(II)_"You, as salesian young people, have to do something more valuable"

Rector Major with the SYM-Timor Leste By Fr. José de Sá, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 3 February 2018 -- Fr Angel Artime SDB, the Rector Major of the Salesians of Don Bosco, doesn’t seem to have much rest since his arrival in Timor Leste 5 days a...
    Date2018.02.04 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views905 file
    Read More
  3. 4575(I)_Closer to hundreds of youth in need - Macau, Hong Kong and Taiwan

Reporting about the Youth In Need By Br. Francis Lam Ying, SDB Hong Kong, 6 December 2017 -- Last week was delivered probably the first detailed report to the Provincial and his council about the 'Oratory' commitment within all Salesian set...
    Date2017.12.07 Reply0 Views905 file
    Read More
  4. 5619(II)_Students celebrate Marian Day the Bosconian Way

By Israel Erari Don Bosco Araimiri, Gulf Province, PNG 27 May 2021 -- ‘I do believe that Mary the Mother of God is the Help of Christians.’ This was the sentiment shared by the students of Don Bosco, Araimiri, in Gulf Province, ...
    Date2021.05.27 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views904 file
    Read More
  5. 5198(IV)_United in prayer, study, work and youth ministry

Dalat Don Rua By VIE SC Dalat, Vietnam, 13 September 2019 -- The Blessed Michael Rua Postnovitiate community in Dalat, Vietnam is probably the most missionary ‘producing’ venue in the whole Salesian world. Along the corridors of the large b...
    Date2019.09.13 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views904 file
    Read More
  6. 4970(I)_New Year 2019 - Entrustment to Mary in Castelnuovo Don Bosco

By Fr Vaclav Klement, SDB Castelnuovo Don Bosco, Italy, 1 January 2019 -- The town of Castelnuovo Don Bosco has less than 3000 inhabitants, even less than during Don Bosco's lifetime - but the fame of his saints is worldwide known. Indeed t...
    Date2019.01.04 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views904 file
    Read More
  7. 4123(III)_Salesian Cooperators are born again in Beppu Oratory

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB Beppu, Japan, 4 September 2016 -- 2016 July issue of the Japan Salesian Bulletin (Don Bosco No Kaze - two annual issues, n.17) brings an interesting article about Oratory experience in Beppu: Valdocco of Japan. Th...
    Date2016.09.05 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views904 file
    Read More
  8. 6189_Media awareness seminar

By Don Bosco Media-Myanmar Anisakan, Myanmar, 13 November 2023 -- On 11 November 2023, a seminar on media awareness for neighborhoods was organized by the Social Communications and Salesian Family Commissions at Don Bosco Provincialate, Ani...
    Date2023.11.14 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views903 file
    Read More
  9. 5703(I)_Project for the 2021 Salesian Missions Day: South Sudan

By Missions Sector Worldwide, Caritas Sisters, 4 October 2021 -- Since 1988 the Salesian Family has been invited each year celebrate 'Salesian Missions Day'. This year the theme is 'One Father, One Family' - with a focus on ...
    Date2021.10.04 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views903 file
    Read More
  10. 5671(II)_Bosconians Encouraged to Live in the Fullness of Life

By Lucy Napitalai Boroko, Port Moresby, 14 August 2021 -- As the second week of August drew to an end, Salesians, FMA Sisters, staff, and students of Don Bosco Technological Institute (DBTI) gathered together on 13 August, 2021, in the Shri...
    Date2021.08.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views903 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 542 Next
/ 542