PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 969 Comment 0
ALA_5276

20191217_WOR.jpg

Online meeting seeks networking opportunities

By Lauren Hichaaba

Melbourne-New Rochelle-San Francisco, 16 December 2019 -- On 2 December 2019, Lauren Hichaaba (Cagliero Project - Australia), Adam Rudin (Salesian Lay Missioners – USA East), and JC Montenegro (Salesian Volunteers – USA West) gathered online to catch up and discuss ways to accompany each other while leading the volunteer program in their respective provinces.

Several important topics were discussed during the hour-long meeting.

The first was a conversation about the new Salesian Volunteer Manual published in 2019. Lauren, Adam and JC are fully supportive and positive about the revised manual and the efforts made by the Mission Animation and Youth Ministry departments to put together this useful and practical resource. The group spoke about the need to animate the document and possible ways of supporting the Congregation in the animation of this important resource.

The importance of ongoing formation and accompaniment as key themes for Salesian Mission Volunteer Service (SMVS) was also discussed. These themes are very important for SMVS to be successful and for volunteers to have transformative life experiences. However, the conversation extended into the realm of accompaniment and formation for Volunteer Directors and personnel working to animate the SMVS programs. If programs wish to continue providing quality experiences for the volunteers and receiving communities, it is vital to keep up with the formation, new technologies, and continue to form and accompany those who are in the role of providing so much formation and accompaniment to the young. With this accompaniment, it would be possible to create a structure that could transform Salesian volunteer programs worldwide.

Finally, the ongoing need to network, share, discuss and grow with each other and other SMVS programs was the final point of conversation. Even during this brief time, it was obvious that there was so much to learn from each other and that continuing to communicate will not only help to grow within the individual Director roles, but will also help to assist other Provinces that may be in earlier stages of creating and implementing volunteer programs.

This meeting was an attempt to connect and to create a network that will improve the quality of service that is provided to the society.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4849(II)_For the moral and spiritual growth of the young people

Udonthani Don Bosco after 61 years By Fr. Thomas Smith, SDB Udon Thani, Thailand, 12 September 2018 -- Only four Salesians (Rector Fr. Niphon) animating about 200 lay mission partners in Udon Thani Don Bosco School (Principal Fr. Smith) are...
    Date2018.09.13 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views971 file
    Read More
  2. 4724(II)_Grace-filled month of May with profession and ordinations

Praying With Mary for new deacons and new perpetually professed Salesians By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 12 May 2018 -- From Spain, through Philippines, Myanmar up to Vietnam, we are receiving many invitations for perpetual professions and d...
    Date2018.05.12 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views971 file
    Read More
  3. 4563(I)_“It was such a great and moving ceremony”

Inauguration of St. John Bosco Parish Fiji, Archdiocese of Suva By Br Falefa Elia, SDB Suva, Fiji, 19 November 2017 -- The inauguration Mass and celebration of the new parish was held on Sunday, November 19, 2017 at the St Joseph the Worker...
    Date2017.11.25 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views971 file
    Read More
  4. 5090(II)_Novena to Mary Help of Christians 2019 - Beatitudes

Videos and animation notes By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 16 May 2019 -- After a successful video-animated Novena to Mary Help of Christians last May 2018, this year too, in the line with the Beatitudes of the Salesian Family, the Rector Maj...
    Date2019.05.16 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views970 file
    Read More
  5. 4749(V)_Hidden heroes of Catholic Church - Catechists

How is growing the Catholic faith in Timor Leste By Fr. Joao Boavida Youth Ministry Delegate Baucau, Timor Leste, 6 June 2018 -- The Catholic Church history of Timor Leste is well documented in the recent publication of our confrere, Bishop...
    Date2018.06.07 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views970 file
    Read More
  6. 4503(II)_Appeal for the testimonial and materials: Fr. Fortunato Giacomin, SDB

Letter to the Salesian Family of Myanmar By Fr. Joachim Ye Maung, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 23 September 2017 -- Fr. Joachim Ye Maung, SDB, in charge of the preliminary stage of the process of Fr. Fortunato Giacomin, SDB wrote a letter to the ...
    Date2017.09.23 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views970 file
    Read More
  7. 4499(I)_New Lectors and Acolytes in Parañaque

By Cl. Jerome Quinto, SDB Photos by Br. Bernardinus Mei, SDB Parañaque City, the Philippines, 14 September 2017 -- The feast of the Exaltation of the Cross saw the installation to the ministries of nine lectors and nine acolytes. Fr. Anthon...
    Date2017.09.19 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views970 file
    Read More
  8. 4449(II)_"Sir, give me this water” (Jn 4,15)

Let us cultivate the art of listening and of accompaniment - presentation of the Strenna 2018 - By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 26 July 2017 -- The Rector Major, Fr. Angel F. Artime presented the Strenna 2018 for the Salesian Family on 16 Jul...
    Date2017.07.27 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views970 file
    Read More
  9. 4433_Celebrating the first anniversary of the PGS vice-province

By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 8 July 2017 -- The Vice-Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (PGS) celebrated its First Anniversary on the Franciscans Riverside Resort, 16 mile, Bomana. The theme chosen was: ‘Men o...
    Date2017.07.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views970 file
    Read More
  10. 3944(I)_Postnovices offer their comprehensive exams for the young

By Bro. Jomar Castillo, SDB Canlubang, Philippines, March 17, 2016 – Don Bosco said: “For you I study, for you I work, for you I live, for you I am even ready to five my life.” This has been the battle cry of the postnovices doing their two...
    Date2016.03.17 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views970 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 542 Next
/ 542