austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
20150620_WOR.jpg

By Fr. John, SDB

After one year and few months in his office, Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime as the Rector Major took a new approach in communication. The Rector major does continue the official ways, like the two letters in the Acts of the General Council for the SDB and one annual Strenna for the whole Salesian Family. Among his new ways of communication is the 'Cari confratelli' (Dear confreres) - a quarterly video message available on the ANS channel (also in 10 languages of the EAO region), a two 'minor letters' send to the SDB and Salesian family members every year.

But the most striking in his desire to communicate closely in an open manner is precisely his (almost) daily GOOD MORNING TALK on the Facebook. It reached already more than 300+ editions on his FB: ANGEL Fernandez-Rectory Mayor (public figure). https://www.facebook.com/pages/ANGEL-Fern%C3%A1ndez-Rector-MAYOR/1475236676049017?fref=ts

It's published in three languages (Spanish, Italian and English) and it's shared and commented by some hundreds - thousands people on the web every day.

It's really a new way of getting in daily touch with anybody in the digital playground - with a special focus on the young people, salesian lay mission partners, members of Salesian Family and larger movement of the Friends of Don Bosco. It's open to everybody.

What is interesting for us - the English online translator of his Good Morning Talk is one of the 1500 EAO Salesians. He does help the Rector Major faithfully every day to share his greeting also in English.

For those who are not in the Facebook or are not familiar with the FB - here are two most recent 'Good Morning Greeting' n. 304

GOOD-MORNING GREETING N. 304

The knot in the bed sheet (part 2)

OR THE ART OF MAKING ONE'S LOVE FELT, INDEED!

Good morning my friends.

It's still present in us, with no doubt, the story that I offered you yesterday.

I guess we can say it was a good story. And today I was thinking to offer you a simple reflection that could go beyond a simple word, though important, close to what it is needed to express affection to the sons and daughters, dedicating some time to them, be with them. Yet this is not the point to which I want to refer. I'd like to go a bit beyond the education field.

I'd like to refer to the ART OF EXPRESSING FEELINGS, TO THE ABILITY OF MANIFESTING WHAT ONE FEELS, BE IT WITH GREAT MATTERS, OR WITH THE LEAST DETAILS.

Increasingly, we've got to be convinced that at this stage of History, THE PERSONAL TESTIMONY, THE GESTURES FULL OF AUTHENTICITY AND SENSE, more than words, ARE THOSE TO MOVE THE HEARTS.

As to the father in the story, every night kiss and the knot in the bed sheet, was sufficient to let his child understand that his father worked a lot, yet HE LOVED HIM BEST. And that little boy grew up in PERSONAL HARMONY.

My friends: we need to express more what we have in our hearts; we need to be "less politically correct", even with the risk of looking naive or not much "deep" as others can believe, we need to be more down to earth, be accessible, look into each others' eyes, meeting the others without seeing a danger, an antagonist or an indifferent person..., all of that among the other things.

WE NEED TO MAKE Don Bosco's education system BECOME MORE A REALITY: IT'S NECESSARY THAT THE YOUNGSTERS SHOULD NOT ONLY BE LOVED, BUT REALIZE THAT THEY ARE LOVED!

Be happy. The Lord bless you.

Angel. R.M.

20160620_WOR1.jpg

20160620_WOR2.jpg

20160620_WOR3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3574_"Kind pray lesson," a new book

By Seo Hilario Another new book – collections of 34 short essays of Fr. Stefano Yang, present provincial of Korea, was published by Bible & Life editorial (www.biblelife.co.kr) in Seoul. The book of 262 pages was released recently. It’s...
    Date2015.04.07 CategoryKOR Reply1 Views2766 file
    Read More
  2. 3843_Fr. Jose Reinoso marks 50th year as a Salesian Priest

By Dcn. Donnie Duchin Duya, SDB Makati City, Philippines, 20 December 2015 - Fr. Jose Pepe Reinoso, SDB celebrated his 50th year as a priest yesterday in the midst of confreres, friends and young people. Fr. Paul Bicomong, SDB, Provincial S...
    Date2015.12.20 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views2761 file
    Read More
  3. 3587_Deadly earthquake Nepal: First report from the Salesian in Kathmand

By Tony Cherian (Kathmandu, Nepal): There was a strong earthquake at around 11.45 am. Kathmandu is worst hit. In Biratnagar and Sirsiya though it was quite strong, so far no damage or death is noticed. But in Kathmandu nearly 850 people hav...
    Date2015.04.26 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views2750 file
    Read More
  4. 3655_The new ways of communication - 10th successor of Don Bosco

By Fr. John, SDB After one year and few months in his office, Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime as the Rector Major took a new approach in communication. The Rector major does continue the official ways, like the two letters in the Acts of the Gen...
    Date2015.06.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views2747 file
    Read More
  5. 5647(I)_43 Independence Day celebrations of Solomon Islands

By Tetere Parish member Tetere Solomon Islands, 11 July 2021 -- The Salesisn Parish Christ the King, Tetere, celebrated 43 Independence Day celebrations at DBRTC Grounds on 7th July. This is one of the first of a kind celebrations organised...
    Date2021.07.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2745 file
    Read More
  6. 4878(I)_Lifting the standard of Vocational training

St Anne’s Skill Training Institute, Sideia, Alotau By Sr. Cristina Villasanta, FMA Sideia, Alotau, PNG, 10 Octobre 2018 -- Amidst the variety of institutions at Sideia, is the vibrant St Anne’s Skill Training Institute, (SASTI) for girls. A...
    Date2018.10.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2742 file
    Read More
  7. 5600(II)_Port Moresby, PGS, “Formation in the Mission” – Practical Trainees Seminar

By Br. Conrad Vamilat, SDB Port Moresby PNG, 19 April 2021 -- Amidst the covid-19 lockdowns, on 16 April, 2021 the PGS Vice-Province practical trainees had their 1-day seminar in East Boroko, Provincial House. Br. Anthony SDB and Br. Pio SD...
    Date2021.04.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2736 file
    Read More
  8. 3765(I)_DBTI trains selected ExxonMobil Technicians

By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, October 9, 2015 - Seven young men have successfully completed the four-week refresher training course at Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko under the supervision of Mr. Erwin Napiza, Elect...
    Date2015.10.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2735 file
    Read More
  9. 3578_'Wear' your Faith in Facebook

By Donnie Duchin Duya Do you want to proclaim your faith, albeit in Facebook? A group of young Salesians in the Philippines—North Province has made it possible through the FB cover photos which they design following the Sunday liturgical th...
    Date2015.04.10 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views2735 file
    Read More
  10. 5751(I)_Transfiguration experience for 5 Timorese Salesians

By TLS theology students online Dili, Timor-Leste, 22 December 2021 -- Due to pandemic travel restrictions, there are 8 young Salesians in Timor Leste who are studying their first year of theology in Paranaque, Don Bosco School of Theology ...
    Date2021.12.23 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views2722 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 542 Next
/ 542