?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1105 Comment 1

20160915_GIA.jpg

By Fr. Daisuke Kitagawa, SDB

Yokkaichi, Japan, 15 September 2016 -- Four years ago 3 Salesian Cooperators from Yokkaichi (Kyoto diocese, central Japan) Centre made their promise in front of Fr. Pascual Chavez, during his pastoral visit to Japan in 2012. Together with their Delegate and Rector of the local community we asked two Cooperators about their vocation journey and dreams. At present one member moved to Osaka and takes part in that center and two members are coming together every month.

What makes you happy as Salesian Cooperator?

Since the Catholic parishes in Japan are very small (40 faithful on Sunday in my place), following the vocation of Salesian Cooperator helps me to communicate with wider Catholic community and enhance my life of faith. Working at Salesian House, i enjoy the closeness of Jesus in the Eucharist (Aspirantate chapel) and contributing to the growth of the SDB vocation.

How changed your life after becoming Salesian Cooperator?

I'm more busy then before my promise, trying to do as much as possible some good for the young people. Since recently my mother passed away, now I try to offer all my energies into the Salesian mission.

What is your challenge?

Our parishes are very small and there is sometimes a feeling from other Catholic faithful, that our being Cooperators does not contribute to the diocese or parish life. We try to live a balanced life between commitment to our Salesian vocation and parish community activities.

What dreams do you have in the future?

I know, that the Salesians of Don Bosco just worked out a new vision for the Japan province 'for the poor young people'. I'm interested to contribute to this mission. In Japan recently many non Christians started some NGOs for youth in need. For us it's a good chance to work together with the non Christians. I like this idea very much.

What about the possible new members?

We are ready to welcome new members, probably from the near Suzuka parish entrusted to the SDB and also looking for the parents of our Aspirants from Mie Prefecture.

Please, pray for us, to be able to welcome and accompany in formation new members. We would like to grow especially in view of next May 7-10, 2017 Tokyo EAO Regional Congress of the Salesian Cooperators.

20160915_GIA1.jpg

20160915_GIA2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2016.09.17 15:21

I appreciate having the opportunity to meet and talk today.

You recommended us to look at bosco.link. So I searched the Internet.

To my surprise, I found this article about our interview with us,

and our big  photos.

What a wonderful summary!

The contents of the article tell me where I am 

as a four-year-old Salesian Cooperator.

I was very impressed with the article...

although it was what we had said.

This article  encouraged me to stop to ponder 

the above mentioned questions again.

I am looking forward to seeing you again  

at the EAO Regional Congress 

of Salesian Cooperators next May 2017.

(Salesian Cooperators - Yokkaichi)

1. 5890(II)_Silver Jubilee of AustraLasia news (1997-2022)

By Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, SBD EAO Regional Councilor EAO Regional, Hua Hin Thailand, 9 November 2022 -- "Today, in Hua Hin, the Delegates for Social Communication of EAO provinces began their annual Regional Meeting. It is a joy for...
    Date2022.11.09 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1108 file
    Read More
  2. 5827(III)_FIN Province Celebrates Provincial Chapter 2022

By FIN Social Communication Mary Help of Christians Center for Spirituality, Batangas, the Philippines, 27 June 2022 -- 51 Salesian priests and brothers gathered from 19 to 24 June to celebrate the Provincial Chapter with the theme “R...
    Date2022.06.27 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1108 file
    Read More
  3. 4648_We are blooming there, where nobody likes to go!

First decade of committed Salesian presence- Surabaya By Fr. Reo Ferdinandus, SDB Surabaya, Indonesia, 23 February 2018 -- Surabya (= Suro and Boya: Shark and Crocodile, according the ancient legend about the fight between mythic animals th...
    Date2018.02.23 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1108 file
    Read More
  4. 4544(III)_Bible & Life Publications Seoul

Caritas Sister of Jesus, Korea - Suwon Province By Sr. Silveria, CSJ Suwon, Korea, 5 November 2017 -- With 14 Caritas Sisters of Jesus and ten lay mission partners the Suwon province of Caritas sisters has the largest community. Started in ...
    Date2017.11.07 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1108 file
    Read More
  5. 4569(II)_A Salesian has time to spend with young people

Vocation story of Aspirant Joshua Tarare By Asp. Joshua Tarere Port Moresby, PNG, 1 December 2017 -- My name is Joshua Tarere (25). I was born on 27th January, 1993 and am from East New Britain. I am the eldest boy in a family of two brothe...
    Date2017.12.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1107 file
    Read More
  6. 4392_Let's be Communicators of Faith and Hope

Fact or Fiction: The truth in the Media By Mrs. Cecilia Amala Port Moresby, PNG, 29 MAy 2017 -- World Communications Day was celebrated on 28th May, 2017, with a thanksgiving Eucharistic celebration at the Shrine of Mary Help of Christians,...
    Date2017.05.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1107 file
    Read More
  7. 5674_Charitable Activities of Salesian Communities in Vietnam during Covid times

By SC VIE Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 18 August 2021 -- The Covid pandemic crisis in Vietnam is increasing more and more seriously over the last two months. So far, there are 283,696 infected cases and 6,141 deaths because of Covid virus in ...
    Date2021.08.18 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1106 file
    Read More
  8. 4001_Theological Symposium on Mercy in Vietnam

By Fr Khanh Quoc, SDB Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, - On the morning of Saturday, May 7th, 2016, the Committee on Academic Affairs of the Province of Vietnam, together with the Theological Institute of Blessed Philip Rinaldi, held the symposium entit...
    Date2016.05.12 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1106 file
    Read More
  9. 4789(I)_First provincial of the INA Viceprovince arrived to Jakarta

The start of the new Viceprovince of Indonesia is coming soon By Our Own Correspondent Jakarta, Indonesia, 11 July 2018 -- Finally Fr Andrew Wong, the Provincial-elect of the new Vice-province of St. Louis Versiglia (INA - Indonesia) commun...
    Date2018.07.16 CategoryINA Reply1 Views1105 file
    Read More
  10. 4686(I)_What makes you happy as Salesian Brother?

Interview with Bro. Louie Domasian, SDB By Our Own Correspondent Cebu, the Philippines, 1 April 2018 -- Each of the 11 Provinces of our Region is preparing in different ways for the incoming EAO Salesian Brother Congress in Vietnam. Recentl...
    Date2018.04.01 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1105 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 542 Next
/ 542