austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20221021_131058.jpg

By Bro. Lawrence Bang dae-seok, SDB

Neri- Korea, 22 October 2022 -- One of the 600 Salesian Brothers who participated in the canonization events of Brother Artemides Zatti on October 8-9 in the Vatican and one of the 200 SDBs who continued after the canonization to go on pilgrimage to Don Bosco's holy places - Br. Lawrence Bang from Korea spent 10 days in Italy. Brother Lawrence shares his thoughts in the KOR provincial newsletter (November issue 2022):

"I was so proud and happy, when during the recent Provincial community day (Sept 3-4) Father Provincial shared the news about Br. Zatti's canonization and also the invitation from the Rector Major to join the canonization events.

September is celebrated in the Korean Church as the Month of the Martyrs and while meditating on our Saintly Martyrs it was a graced opportunity to reflect on my vocation journey, 25 years after my first profession and ponder on Brother Zatti, before his canonization.

Upon our arrival in Rome with 15 other Korean confreres (one priest and 15 brothers), I could feel the family unity and communion with the sons of Don Bosco gathered from all corners of the world - silently, humbly and full of faith. The canonization was a time of great mutual encouragement and strengthening through fraternal sharing, even though we were not able communicate amongst us well enough.

St Peter's square at 10 AM on October 9: I felt so blessed that I could be there at this historical moment. A mystery - before the canonization I gazed up at the sky and asked myself, tried to figure out: "What kind of heart and thoughts did Brother Zatti have when he attended Don Bosco's canonization in 1934?"

When the elderly Pope Francis (87) celebrated the canonization Mass in the presence of some 50,000 pilgrims, the mere sight of the Pope became an earnest prayer: What a glorious time! When he declared Brother Zatti a Saint, numerous pilgrims erupted in powerful shouts with fervent thanksgiving: "Dear God, thank you so much!" At that moment I felt what is happening in heaven, Jesus is covering countless souls with his cloak, Don Bosco and Zatti are greeting and embracing each other.

After the canonization Mass, after dinner with other Salesian Brothers, in simple words we shared our hearts: one felt a strong will to live life as a Salesian full of passion like Brother Zatti, for another the canonization was a ceremony full of joy, some have asked for a gift of prayer life to live as true religious, some were crying with joy. Many of the Brothers expressed their gratitude to be in Rome for this occasion or asked the grace to carry their cross in difficult pastoral situations like Brother Zatti.

Before leaving Rome our leader suggested I ask for the grace of healing. Indeed since 2020 until now I have twice been diagnosed with cancer and I'm still struggling with my health. But during the pilgrimage I was asking the grace of healing not for me, but for many other cancer patients. And I was asking through the intercession of Brother Zatti to be able carry on with my sickness with a serene mind and heart, with patience and do my best.

Now I've decided to follow the example of Brother Zatti in my daily life, with an open heart to the young on my life path with courage and hope. Like Zatti I would like to look at Jesus the Good Shepherd and discover Him in youth in need like Good Samaritan Zatti.

This year I received two great gifts: my Silver Jubilee of religious profession and participation in the canonization of Brother Zatti. Since my birthday falls on October 9 I will never forget this event. I'm also very grateful to the confreres who accompanied us during the 10 days in Italy - Fr Marcello Baek (vice-provincial and our guide), Br Hilario Seo (our tireless interpreter) and Br Mark Choi who silently offered a lot of help behind the scenes.

I would like to end with the moving words of our exemplary Salesian religious, Saint Brother Zatti: 'I believed, because I knew that Mary, Help of Christians assistance is manifested in many ways. I made a promise, because I always wanted to help my neighbour in some way. And I was healed because God listened to his servant."

Thanks to Brother Lawrence for this heartfelt sharing and maybe some other EAO Brothers who went for the canonization will offer their sharing for our encouragement and inspiration!

Saint Artemides Zatti, Pray for Us!

20221021_131055.jpg

FB_IMG_1665377712130.jpg

FB_IMG_1665534185215.jpg

FB_IMG_1665558156936.jpg

FB_IMG_1665732372510.jpg

FB_IMG_1665790555427.jpg

FB_IMG_1665899948948.jpg

FB_IMG_1665899970764.jpg

FB_IMG_1666326471913.jpg

KOR-Zatti-brother.jpg

Valdocco-KOR-salesian-brothers.jpg

Zatti-Cameroni-bicycle-to-heaven-2022-LDC-book.jpg

Zatti-Korea-Vatican-2022-provincial.jpg

Zatti-Vatican-St-Peter-Plaza-2022.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3997_Becoming a small seed in African garden

Don’t cry for me, Tonj – version 2016! From the interview with the ‘Peace Broadcasting’ Korea By Fr Raphael Lee, SDB Tonj, South Sudan (AFE), 10 May 2016 - In the footsteps of the late Fr. John Lee (1962-2010), another Korean missionary rea...
    Date2016.05.10 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1177 file
    Read More
  2. 4920_A remarkable baptism ceremony:

Rector Major visits the cradle of the Salesian in Korea, Gwangju (6) By KOR SC team Gwangju, Korea, 16 November 2018 -- The schedule for the fourth day of the Rector Major’s visit to the Korean province involved meeting with the Gwangju Sal...
    Date2018.11.17 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1174 file
    Read More
  3. 4065_Pilgrimage to WYD is Ready for Action

From 17th July until 2nd August, via Turin By Fr. Ben Kim, SDB Seoul, Korea, 13 July 2016 -- 30 Korean young pilgrims have joined the Salesian Youth Pilgrim Group with 4 SDB priests. Through participating several meetings for the internal a...
    Date2016.07.13 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1168 file
    Read More
  4. 4143(III)_Nanum House's 30th Anniversary

A Joyful Feast and Moment of Challenge for a New Periphery By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB Seoul, Korea, 25 September 2016 -- Nanum House's (Nanum which means sharing) 30th anniversary celebration was opened in a joyful atmosphere with 300 people ...
    Date2016.09.26 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1159 file
    Read More
  5. 4174_Live Your Vocation with Enthusiasm!

The Rector Major, Fr. Angel F. Artime arrived in Seoul (2) By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 22 October 2016 -- The second day of Rector Major's visit (October 22) started with a wonderful family welcome in the FMA provincial house com...
    Date2016.10.22 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1152 file
    Read More
  6. 5422(I)_Seoul "Bosco Gelato" is opened

ALA_5422 By SC delegate of Korea Province Seoul, Korea, 16 July 2020 -- On 16 July 16 in Seoul, the capital of South Korea, an ice cream shop called "Bosco Gelato" has been opened. Bosco Gelato sells the highest quality organic Italian st...
    Date2020.07.17 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1148 file
    Read More
  7. 5884(III)_Impact of Saint Artemides Zatti on EAO's Salesian Brothers (1)

By Bro. Lawrence Bang dae-seok, SDB Neri- Korea, 22 October 2022 -- One of the 600 Salesian Brothers who participated in the canonization events of Brother Artemides Zatti on October 8-9 in the Vatican and one of the 200 SDBs who continued ...
    Date2022.10.24 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1145 file
    Read More
  8. 5216(II)_‘A divine person’

The 23rd Don Bosco Youth Film Festival in Seoul By KOR SC Seoul, Korea, 29 September 2019 -- The 23rd Youth film festival hosted by Korea Salesian Society took place at the Province Main office in Seoul, Korea on 29 September, 2019. The mai...
    Date2019.10.02 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1141 file
    Read More
  9. 5618(III)_Seoul: What has changed in your life after joining ADMA?

Seoul, South Korea, 26 May 2021 -- On the liturgical feast of Mary Help of Christians, May 24, during the Eucharist at which Fr. Marcello Baek, Vice-provincial of Korea, presided, 7 new members of ADMA (Association of Mary Help of Christian...
    Date2021.05.26 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1140 file
    Read More
  10. 4842(I)_Life-long commitment to the technical education for the benefit of the poor youth

Brother Mario Bois receives 28th Ilga Award By Fr. Raphael Lee, SDB Seoul, Korea, 1 September 2018 -- In the Grace Hall of Mil-Al School (Seoul, ROK), together with other two Awardee, Salesian Brother Mario Bois, SDB was awarded a prestigou...
    Date2018.09.06 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1138 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 Next
/ 21