EAO Region, 24 January 2021 -- One week after the 39th SF Spirituality days that brought together more than 1100 SF member from 20 EAO countries last weekend (Jan 15-17) an Online Evaluation meeting was held involving 20 SF from most of the EAO provinces. The evaluation was based on the results of almost 300 responses (online survey still open until January 31,2021: http://bit.ly/eaoevaluation). A lot of wisdom from all corners and groups around the vast East Asia and Oceania Region is available to all on Boscolink: https://www.bosco.link/side_right/67271.
The Salesian provincial delegates for the SF get to know the data of the overall process and participation, including the preparation of the first ONLINE edition of this event: Opening the Facebook page (800 followers) 'SF EAO Spirit. Days 2021' (Dec 22,2020), WhatsApp group for 'backstage' communication among the 68 members of the steering team, Google drive that contains all video and text materials.
However, the evaluation was geared mainly towards the fruitful animation process throughout 2021, including preparation for the SF Days in January 2022. Thanks to the accumulated and shared wisdom of various provinces, many 'inspirations and hints' for 2022 were mentioned. The most feasible seems to be the 'Thai Model' of online connection in 5 different locations where SF groups gather (Bangkok, Sampran (2), Hua Hin and Hat Yai) with more than 80 participants effectively inter-connected.
The evaluation was a good chance to give thanks to everyone who contributed last month to this successful story: starting from the Pakistan - Lahore based 'TV Don Bosco' team of SDBs and Past pupils who arranged the interviews with persecuted Christian families for the Salesian world; numerous translators (INA, VIE, TLS were present at the meeting), technical support of FIN Past pupils and all others.
Overall evaluation is very positive, raising enthusiasm and new energies from the 'One World Family' experience in these challenging times:
'For me, this year's Salesian Family Days activities was wonderful and we need to do it more often!' (Salesian of Don Bosco)
'Just before the SF Days I submitted my resignation letter, but after these Days I realized that my Vocation is with Don Bosco and his family' (Lay mission partner)
'I know the importance of sharing very much, and I found my raison d'etre in this family as a bridge to overcome language barriers. Thanks for giving me this chance of awareness' (Salesian Cooperator - translator)
The most appreciated promising realities:
* Real time presence of 1100+ SF members (both individual online or group online participation)
* Possibility to review the EAO online days on the Facebook video (11k views already)
* Participation of many young people (SYM animators) and lay mission partners (Caritas DB school as model)
* Enrichment through personal testimonies, especially from Pakistani Christians and Youth from all five continents
* Ongoing opportunity to share the SF journey through the FB pages: https://www.facebook.com/salesianfamilyeao
* Benefit from this experience for incoming EAO Regional Congress of Salesian Cooperators, Past Pupils and ADMA (2021)
We hope and pray that this first ONLINE adventure of the EAO Salesian Family will bring daily fruits during the year of Hope, 2021!
- EAO SF Days Evaluation materials (EAO region and Caritas Sisters FIN)
- LIVE SF spirituality days EAO program available online (Jan 15-16) (English only)
- LIVE SF spirituality days EAO program available online (Jan 15-16) (Japanese only)
Related news article: