?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 3991 Comment 0

20160323_GIA.jpg

By Fr. Chang Andrea, SDB

Tokyo, Japan, March 23, 2016 - After living 35 years in Korea, since last February 20, 2016 I’m now starting a new adventure in Tokyo, Japan. According the mutual agreement between the provinces of Korea and Japan, I’m now learning another language and culture here among the Japanese confreres in Chofu formation house. I was sent here in order to share my life, contribute with my priestly ministry in the Salesian province of Japan.

For those who know the past of Korea – Japan historical relationship might be not easy to understand my option. When Europe was suffering the First and Second World War, in Korea our ancestors suffered 35 years the colonial rule of Japan. Although our two countries are located very close to each other, until now is not easy to come together.

Whatever is our social and political history the Salesians in both countries are very closely related and have a great impact on each other. First Salesian missionaries were sent to Korea from Japan in 1954, just few months after the end of the Korean War. Until 1972 Korea delegation was part of the Japan province, but until now there are many contacts between the two nearby provinces.

Especially since last 2002 started the biannual exchange of young Salesian priests and Brothers in their quinqennium period. Every second year their meeting is conducted once in Japan, next time in Korea. Although there are many similar traits in our cultures, we can learn from each other the specific points and enjoy our communion.

Indeed my first inspiration to volunteer for this temporary missionary commitment to Japan was the previous quinquennium meeting at the end of 2014. Knowing the situation of the Japan Church and SDB province, I have understand the need of more young confreres. Moreover the total numbers of Catholics in Japan are really small compared to the whole population. After one year of discernment with our provincial I arrived finally to Tokyo last February 20 and I’m now living in the formation house (Chofu City, Metropolitan area of Tokyo) for the period of 3 years.

In this place, I’m now studying the language and adapt myself to a new culture. It’s like to become again a small baby and start to walk slowly on my own. Indeed now during the Holy Week I’m first learning the Incarnation of Jesus. Thanks to the family spirit in Chofu community I can express myself even beyond the poor language communication level. I’m very grateful to both Provincials of Korea and Japan for this experience of growing anew in my Salesian vocation.

I don’t’ know, what will happen after 3 years. However I fully trust the Holy Spirit who has guided me up to this point in this ongoing adventure. Like the 2016 Strenna of the Rector Major, I’m already living amidst the adventure on my journey.

Dear confreres, please, pray for me and welcome to Chofu community breathing the family spirit!

20160323_GIA1.jpg

20160323_GIA2.jpg

20160323_GIA3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3975_Deacon Ordination in Japan Province

By Mr. Mitsuhiro Tateishi Fukuoka, Japan - On 16 April 2016, ordination to the diaconate of Cleric Taniguchi Ryohei, SDB took place at Shindenbaru Catholic Church (Fukuoka Prefecture). Main celebrant Bishop Miyahara Ryoji of Fukuoka Diocese...
    Date2016.04.21 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views630 file
    Read More
  2. 3974_Mongolia missionary earns his licentiate in Salesian Spirituality

By Fr. Carlo Maria Savio De Ocampo Villegas, SDB UPS, Rome, Italy - <<"A suo tempo tutto comprenderai." (Don Bosco, Memoirs of the Oratory) Now I do understand, that instead of insisting on studying Mongolian Literature (Writing), as my int...
    Date2016.04.20 CategoryMong. Reply2 Views4727 file
    Read More
  3. 3973_Fr. Arokiam Kanaga ended his Extraordinary Visitation to the Philippines North

By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Batangas, Philippines, April 18, 2016 - Today, Fr. Arokiam Kanaga, SDB, the South Asia Regional Superior, ends his Extraordinary Canonical Visitation to the FIN Province. He stayed in the FIN Province for two month...
    Date2016.04.19 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views951 file
    Read More
  4. 3972_Earthquake in Kumamoto

By Mr. Mitsuhiro Tateishi Tokyo, Japan - In the evening of 14 April, an earthquake of intensity 7 struck Kumamoto Prefecture followed by more than 500 quakes continuing in different parts of the same Kyushu Island, located in south-west Jap...
    Date2016.04.19 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1245 file
    Read More
  5. 3971_Jubilarian Celebrations

By Fr Bernie Graham, SDB Melbourne, Australia - On Wednesday 13 April 2016 a special celebration was held to commemorate the special Jubilees of three members of the Salesian Community at Chadstone in Melbourne. The celebration took place o...
    Date2016.04.18 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views890 file
    Read More
  6. 3970_Salesians, at the center of the Vocation Sunday event in Seoul Archdiocese

By Fr Benedict Kim, SDB Photo by Fr Joseph Shin, SDB Seoul, Korea, April 17, 2016 - 5th CYD (Catholic Youth Day) in the archdiocese of Seoul was held on Vocation Sunday, 4th Sunday of Easter, in the seminary of the diocese where postgraduat...
    Date2016.04.18 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views16291 file
    Read More
  7. 3969_World Gratitude Feast 2016 in Thailand

By FMA, Thailand Province Sampran, Thailand - On April 14, 2016 the FMA Superior General Mother Yvonne Reungoat, reached Thailand FMA province of St. Mary Mazarello (THA) in order to animate the sisters and celebrate their the annual world ...
    Date2016.04.16 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views1345 file
    Read More
  8. 3968_Salesian Family Saints - Champions of Faith and Charity

First Seminar on Salesian Family Saints By Fr. Nestor Impelido, SDB Rome, Itlay, April 10, 2016 - Among the 111 participants of the first historical Seminar on Salesian Saints were also 7 EAO Salesian Family members: AUL, FIN, GIA, THA and ...
    Date2016.04.15 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views927 file
    Read More
  9. 3967_Conversion and Renewal: PC 2016 of VIE province

By Fr. Van Hao, SDB Dalat, Vietnam April 12 2016 - The VIE (Vietnam – Mongolia) Provincial chapter began on Monday April 11 at the Retreat house of K’Long community. 55 delegates from 20 communities (18 of Vietnam and 2 of Mongolia) and 4 S...
    Date2016.04.14 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views711 file
    Read More
  10. 3966_To be Servant-Leaders in the Salesian Missions: The application of 2016 Strenna

The application of 2016 Strenna By Ms. Kiko Hong Kong, April 10, 2016 - Starting from the video message of Rector Major regarding 2016 Strenna, the participants were orientated to discover and experience something new as a Salesian leader. ...
    Date2016.04.13 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views939 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... 539 Next
/ 539