?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20210208_KOR-(0).jpg

By Volunteers of Don Bosco (VDB)
Secular Institute

Seoul, South Korea, 8 February 2021 -- Among the EAO participants of the SF Spirituality Days 2021 (online) was also a good representation of VDB members among the 15 different groups of 1100 Salesian Family members. One Korean VDB shares her reflection:

"Let me share my opinion on this '39th World Salesian Family Spirituality Days’ 2021 as one of the 20 VDB members in South Korea. I knew that some of our VDB members were participating every year in the World Salesian Family Spirituality Days. But it was not possible for us to travel for 4 days to Rome or Turin. It was very nice to be able to participate online this time (January 2021).

Although it was an ONLINE participation, it was great to be able to see that we belong to a very large family and see other Salesian family groups around the world. Even if the Covid-19 pandemic situation improves and the Salesian Family Spirituality Days event were to be held in Italy next year, it would be nice if it was held online and offline together so that many SF members could again participate in this wonderful event.

It is the first time for a VDB to meet at the EAO level. It was very meaningful. It was especially nice to have a simultaneous interpreter service. However, because the first day was a Friday (Jan 15), it was difficult for many working people to participate in real time. There was group work (sharing at province level) this time on Friday and Saturday, but I wish it would be on Saturday and Sunday. And one technical note: Facebook access (video) was not smooth for those who don't use Facebook. Maybe for any participant YouTube channel is more accessible.

Meeting at the EAO level had a very special meaning for me. I was able to hear stories from other countries and regions, and I was deeply moved. It was great to have such opportunities for exchange and sharing. After this event, I prayed for peace and respect for people in East Asia. Usually we prayed for peace and unity in our country and between the two Koreas, but as our vision was widened... it was an opportunity to think about the difficulties at the Asian level. Our Asian region is a region where historically and politically, each other hurts a lot. And it is an area where respect for human rights is weak.

Still, for (us) Koreans, Japan and China are disliked countries. I know that there are many foreign workers in Korea, and as the cases of suffering in Korea increase, there are many feelings against East Asian countries. However, in the name of the Salesian Family, we felt that we could become a family beyond the wounds suffered among different nations.

I don't belong anymore to a (Pacific or Korean) war generation. However, the pain that our mother and grandmother suffered comes into us. And the suffering of the people in Southeast Asia who work in Korea now will fall within their children. After this event, I prayed for peace and unity between the two Koreas, as well as peace and respect for human rights in the East Asia – Oceania (EAO) region... I can't express everything in words, but after the event, I thought about it again... I was happy to find me with a different consciousness and a different prayer topic.

Yes, I loved sharing at the provincial level. Because I'm online... I can chat with ZOOM's video off, so ‘riserbo’ (NB ‘reserve’ for secular consecrated people) didn't matter at all. And for the first time, I was able to easily share as a VDB… Also the sharing in small groups of people were also adequate. The sharing theme was also good. Listening to the stories of various families, it was time to look back at me. Thank you for making this opportunity possible.

NB: The VDB (Volunteers of Don Bosco, Salesian Secular Institute founded by Blessed Philip Rinaldi) is divided worldwide into some 32+ 'Regions', that are made up in turn of the local 'Groups'. Within the 23 countries of the EAO SDB Region there are 4 VDB 'Regions' of China-Japan, South Korea, Philippines and Vietnam-Thailand. There are also some initial stage 'small groups' that are supervised by the Central Council.

This is one of the 470 contributions to the EAO regional SF event submitted to the organizers during the last two weeks of January 2021.

A full Evaluation report will reach the EAO SDB provinces and SF group leaders within the next few days.

Related news articles:

20210208_KOR-(1).jpg

20210208_KOR-(2).jpg

20210208_KOR-(3).jpg

20210208_KOR-(4).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5583(I)_Monthly letter from EAO Regional, Fr Joseph Phuoc

By Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, SDB March 2021 Dear Superiors, Confreres, Members of the Salesian Family and Friends, I would like to greet all of you from the Generalate in Sacro Cuore, Rome. Today is the anniversary of the Rector Major&...
    Date2021.03.15 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1319 file
    Read More
  2. 5582(IV)_The Rector Major's Second Action Guideline for the Congregation

By Fr. Ángel Fernández Artime, SDB Rome, 12 March 2021: The following is the newly translated text of the video just produced (initially in Italian with subtitles, but hopefully soon to be as a dubbed version using the followi...
    Date2021.03.13 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views923 file
    Read More
  3. 5582(III)_Don Bosco Pasil for a Greener Campus

By Taichi Miranda DB Pasil, Cebua, The Philippines, 12 March 2021 -- Since the beginning of the pandemic last year, the Salesian community in Don Bosco Pasil, Cebu City, Philippines has recreated this unprecedented times into a sustainable ...
    Date2021.03.13 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1080 file
    Read More
  4. 5582(II)_RIP Fr Julien Jackers,a true hero of formation in 5 Salesian Regions

By Formation Sector, Rome Rome, 12 March 2021 -- Fr Julien Jackers, 76 years of age, passed away in Kenya. In the EAO region he was best known in Myanmar and in Timor Leste, but also through his work in formation (postnovitiate stage in 201...
    Date2021.03.13 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views770 file
    Read More
  5. 5582(I)_Araimiri - Another step towards quality grassroot education in the villages

By Fr. Joseph Thanh, SDB Herehere, Araimiri, Gulf Province PNG, 11 March 2021 -- On 8 March 2021, Father Gregory Bicomong, sdb, the provincial superior of the Blessed Philip Rinaldi PGS vice-Province, officially inaugurated the three brand ...
    Date2021.03.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1473 file
    Read More
  6. 5581(V)_We Need Veteran Missionaries. They Need Us too!

Missionary Message for the 11th of the month of March 2021 By Fr. Alfred Maravilla SDB General Councillor for Missions RMG, 10 March 2021 -- A veteran is a person who had long experience in a particular occupation or field. So we not only h...
    Date2021.03.10 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1209 file
    Read More
  7. 5581(IV)_PNG: Servant Leaders Arise

DBTI LEADERSHIP CAMP 2021 By Tietze Weoh Photo Credits: Palep Bigiglen Port Moresby, DBTI Boroko, Papua New Guinea, 10 March 2021 -- The Don Bosco Technological Institute Leadership Camp 2021 was held on 5 and 6 March 2021 with the theme: &...
    Date2021.03.10 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views8700 file
    Read More
  8. 5581(III)_Vietnamese missionary among the street children of Africa

By Fr Joseph Nguyen Tuan Anh World, Kabwe-Makululu (Ciloto) Zambia, 10 March 2021 -- Fr Joseph Nguyen Tuan Anh is one of the 120 or more Vietnamese Salesian missionaries ad gentes, living his Salesian missionary life in Africa since 2013, i...
    Date2021.03.10 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views2440 file
    Read More
  9. 5581(II)_Novena to St Joseph in his special Year (2020-2021)

By our own correspondent World, 10 March 2021 -- The Novena to St Joseph in his special year declared by Pope Francis (Dec 8, 2020-Dec 8, 2021) is a good chance for each Salesian Community around the world to rekindle their relationship wit...
    Date2021.03.10 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views5271 file
    Read More
  10. 5581(I)_Meeting Online with Superiors in EAO

By Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc SDB RMG, Rome and EAO, 10 March 2021 -- From March 1-3, 2021, the Regional had an online meeting with the provincials/superiors of the EAO Region. This was the first meeting for the Regional and the annual one f...
    Date2021.03.10 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1311 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 537 Next
/ 537