Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160711_PGS.jpg

147th Salesian missionary expedition, 2016 September

By Cl. Dos Santos Julião, SDB
Practical trainee – missionary candidate

Vunabosco, PNG, 10 July 2016 -- Among the new Salesian missionaries of the 147th expedition we find also one practical trainee from Timor Leste, who applied for the missions already in 2010 (first profession year) to Fr Pascual Chávez. Now, during his final year of the practical training in the new province of PGS is sharing his vocation story. His first obedience is in Papua New Guinea – Vunabosco community.

Why and how it started your missionary vocation journey?

My dream to become a missionary started when I saw same Salesian priests and brother work hard in my own country of Timor Leste. It was the main reason why I wrote the first missionary application to the Rector major, Fr. Pascual Chávez in 2010. I still remember well the reply of the Rector major emeritus: He gave thanks for my missionary generosity and said ‘Preparati bene alla vita salesiana!’ (Prepare yourself well for the Salesian life!)

How do you feel as a practical trainee – missionary in PNG?

I am very happy work in this country of Papua New Guinea. This is not my mind but it’s a God calling. That why, become a religious who have been called to spend our lives, building up Gods kingdom among the young by a God who knows us personally, loves us, has called us by name and set us apart, consecrating us in a new and special missionary vocation ad gentes.

What is your missionary life experience like?

Really, I have still only little experience. My contribution to the Salesian mission is not so much in actions that I do in my life, but it’s in loving the young people entrusted to us. Experience tell me that genuine love is always expressed in close educative presence (assistance) and dedication.

What did you learn so far in the mission land?

Really, in this new place I try to learn very fast the Melanesian cultures of Papua New Guinea. In order to learn the local language (Tok Pisin) l had only two months course in the beginning. Then my rector Fr. Edwin entrusted me with the teaching of two subjects - Agriculture and Religion (Grade 10 and Vocation Trainee 1st year). And of course I’m learning the life in the diversity of our international community of Vunabosco. We are four confreres from four different countries – Philippines, Vietnam, India and East Timor. We have in Vunabosco (Rabaul archdiocese) about 213 boarding students and 11 pre-aspirants with us 24/24 hours a day. It’s a wonderful life in PNG, because I’m able to learn how to live in full the Salesian mission for our youth in need and how to practice in full our SDB Constitutions.

Greeting to the young Salesians in your home Vice-province of Timor-Indonesia?

I would like to invite my confreres in the post-novitiate or in practical training in Timor Leste and around the EAO region to become a missionary ad gentes, to live together with and for our poor boys. In the first article of our Constitutions we read that “Don Bosco have promised to give to God himself to the last breath for my poor boys…” Here in the missions is the best way how to realize the Salesian vocation!

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4077(III)_3rd Millennium Youth Ministers of Papua New Guinea / Pilgrimage to Yule Island

By Ms. Maria Fatima Alipio and Stephanie Anakapu East Boroko, PNG, 21 July 2016 -- The 4th year Bachelor students of Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko underwent a Youth Ministry workshop on the 20th and 21st of July, 2016. The ...
    Date2016.07.23 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views8232 file
    Read More
  2. 4077(II)_XI VIDES International Convention at La Pisana

By Sr. Maria Josefina S. Carrasco, FMA Generall House in Rome, 18 July 2016 -- Rector Major Don Angel Fernandez, SDB, presided the celebration of the Holy Eucharist at the conclusion of the three-day convention of VIDES (Volontariato Intern...
    Date2016.07.23 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views986 file
    Read More
  3. 4076_EAO Youth and Salesian Family heads for Krakow WYD

On July 27th there is a SYM Festival at the ground of the EXPO Fair By the Youth Ministry Sector General House in Rome, 22 July 2016 -- Few days before the World Youth Day (WYD) in Krakow, Poland (July 24-31), many groups from the various p...
    Date2016.07.22 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1245 file
    Read More
  4. 4075_Fr. Joseph Omaki Yoshihiro passed way

Whole Salesian life witnessing amidst the Young By Our Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 16 July 2016 -- Fr. Omaki was born in Seoul (Korea) in 1936, passed way in Tokyo on July 16 after 61 years of Salesian consecrated life. His funeral was cele...
    Date2016.07.21 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views631 file
    Read More
  5. 4074_Give the Best to those in Need

By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, 20 July 2016 -- The Second Batch of Short Course students graduated on the 20th of July, 2016, at Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko, Port Moresby after a seven-week training. The meaningf...
    Date2016.07.21 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views614 file
    Read More
  6. 4073(II)_Contemplative Fraternity of Mary of Nazareth

The 31st Salesian Family Group By the Secretariat of the Salesian Family General House in Rome, 19 July 2016 -- The Contemplative Fraternity of Mary of Nazareth, founded in Uruguay became the 31st group of the Salesian Family large tree. Th...
    Date2016.07.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views712 file
    Read More
  7. 4073(I)_Summer with Jesus

By Nguyen Tao Chu Prong, Vietnam, 19 July 2016 -- During Summer vacation 2016, Salesian parish of Thanh Binh (Chu Prong, Gia Lai) has organized "Summer with Jesus" for children to help them to have a fun summer, creating courts rewarding pl...
    Date2016.07.20 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1207 file
    Read More
  8. 4072_Do you know VIDES?

"What did you to the last of my brothers you did to me..." (Mt 25) By Sr. Michaela Jeon, FMA General House in Rome, 18 July 2016 -- The VIDES International was launched by the FMA Sisters in 1991 only 4 years after the beginning of the Volu...
    Date2016.07.19 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views4192 file
    Read More
  9. 4071_English-speaking camp at Don Bosco Dalat

By Fr Peter Chính, SDB Dalat, Vietnam, 18 July 2016 -- As a yearly event during summer and thanks to the support of the Community of Don Rua in Dalat, Vietnam, together with volunteers coming from different countries, the 13th English-speak...
    Date2016.07.18 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views676 file
    Read More
  10. 4070(III)_Annual Renewal Retreat

By Fr Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Darkhan, Mongolia, 16 July 2016 -- 10 Salesian and 4 FMA Missionaries from 9 nationalities made their annual retreat from 10 to 16 July 2016, at the Church of Mary Help of Christians in Darkhan located near t...
    Date2016.07.18 Reply0 Views939 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 539 Next
/ 539