?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 943 Comment 0

20160708_PGS.jpg

By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB

Port Moresby, PNG, 8 July 2016 -- 21confreres of the soon to be erected Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (PGS) vice-province have made their annual retreat at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Port Moresby, from the 3rd to 8th July, 2016.

Fr Mario Antonio Villegas Baclig sdb, much sought after and renowned youth animator based in Cebu City, Philippines preached a very inspiring retreat. The confreres – a mix of young and old – enjoyed every session which had as its theme – Remaining, Loving and Bearing fruit. “Every session was well prepared and gave the retreatants abundant matter for personal introspection and prayer”, said Fr Dominic Kachira.

Following the Lectio Divina process, relevant passages from scripture enabled the retreatants reflect on what is important to their lives and how they can be connected with Christ and bear much fruit to be Good Shepherds to the young. “Despite my limitations, I have the assurance that love and bearing fruit are the results of remaining with Christ,” said Br. Sylvester Kuli. “It has made me aware of the mercy of God and the need to form myself as a Good Shepherd for the young”, said Br Bernard Kaiau. “It has helped me realize that amidst my duties and responsibilities, the mercy of God needs to be experienced not just in the sacraments, but through my daily being”, reflected Fr Joseph Tinh.

The afternoon sessions aligning itself to GC27, enabling the participants reflect on their call to conversion, being mystics in the spirit, prophets of fraternity, servants of the young and above all one’s call to holiness. “It allowed everyone to walk with Christ, transforming them according to His standard”, said Fr Sonny Fajardo, Rector of the retreat. “The methodology and the topics drove me deeper into prayer” commented Fr Hearldo Bosquez.

Inspirational songs, thought provoking real life clips, and pertinent examples from the life of Don Bosco, Pope Francis and others brought home powerful messages for mediation and reflection. At the start of each afternoon conference, an article of the constitutions was read and reflected upon, setting a direction for the conference to follow. Commenting on our fear of entry into the digital world, the playground of the young today, the preacher has challenged us to respond in a significantly to the needs and the cries of the young.

The Sacraments and liturgy were creatively animated by the retreatants. The daily rosary followed by the traditional ‘good night’ gave the confreres a glimpse of the situation and works of the different houses of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands. The delicious meals, calm and peaceful atmosphere enabled every confrere reflect on their lived life and Salesian journey.

Fr Mario will also preach the second retreat for the confreres to commence on the 10th July.

The vice-province now prepares for the installation of Fr Peter Baquero sdb as its first Superior, on 9th July, 2016.

20160708_PGS1.jpg

20160708_PGS2.jpg

20160708_PGS3.jpg

20160708_PGS4.jpg

20160708_PGS5.jpg

20160708_PGS6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4077(III)_3rd Millennium Youth Ministers of Papua New Guinea / Pilgrimage to Yule Island

By Ms. Maria Fatima Alipio and Stephanie Anakapu East Boroko, PNG, 21 July 2016 -- The 4th year Bachelor students of Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko underwent a Youth Ministry workshop on the 20th and 21st of July, 2016. The ...
    Date2016.07.23 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views8232 file
    Read More
  2. 4077(II)_XI VIDES International Convention at La Pisana

By Sr. Maria Josefina S. Carrasco, FMA Generall House in Rome, 18 July 2016 -- Rector Major Don Angel Fernandez, SDB, presided the celebration of the Holy Eucharist at the conclusion of the three-day convention of VIDES (Volontariato Intern...
    Date2016.07.23 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views986 file
    Read More
  3. 4076_EAO Youth and Salesian Family heads for Krakow WYD

On July 27th there is a SYM Festival at the ground of the EXPO Fair By the Youth Ministry Sector General House in Rome, 22 July 2016 -- Few days before the World Youth Day (WYD) in Krakow, Poland (July 24-31), many groups from the various p...
    Date2016.07.22 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1245 file
    Read More
  4. 4075_Fr. Joseph Omaki Yoshihiro passed way

Whole Salesian life witnessing amidst the Young By Our Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 16 July 2016 -- Fr. Omaki was born in Seoul (Korea) in 1936, passed way in Tokyo on July 16 after 61 years of Salesian consecrated life. His funeral was cele...
    Date2016.07.21 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views631 file
    Read More
  5. 4074_Give the Best to those in Need

By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, 20 July 2016 -- The Second Batch of Short Course students graduated on the 20th of July, 2016, at Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko, Port Moresby after a seven-week training. The meaningf...
    Date2016.07.21 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views614 file
    Read More
  6. 4073(II)_Contemplative Fraternity of Mary of Nazareth

The 31st Salesian Family Group By the Secretariat of the Salesian Family General House in Rome, 19 July 2016 -- The Contemplative Fraternity of Mary of Nazareth, founded in Uruguay became the 31st group of the Salesian Family large tree. Th...
    Date2016.07.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views712 file
    Read More
  7. 4073(I)_Summer with Jesus

By Nguyen Tao Chu Prong, Vietnam, 19 July 2016 -- During Summer vacation 2016, Salesian parish of Thanh Binh (Chu Prong, Gia Lai) has organized "Summer with Jesus" for children to help them to have a fun summer, creating courts rewarding pl...
    Date2016.07.20 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1207 file
    Read More
  8. 4072_Do you know VIDES?

"What did you to the last of my brothers you did to me..." (Mt 25) By Sr. Michaela Jeon, FMA General House in Rome, 18 July 2016 -- The VIDES International was launched by the FMA Sisters in 1991 only 4 years after the beginning of the Volu...
    Date2016.07.19 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views4192 file
    Read More
  9. 4071_English-speaking camp at Don Bosco Dalat

By Fr Peter Chính, SDB Dalat, Vietnam, 18 July 2016 -- As a yearly event during summer and thanks to the support of the Community of Don Rua in Dalat, Vietnam, together with volunteers coming from different countries, the 13th English-speak...
    Date2016.07.18 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views676 file
    Read More
  10. 4070(III)_Annual Renewal Retreat

By Fr Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Darkhan, Mongolia, 16 July 2016 -- 10 Salesian and 4 FMA Missionaries from 9 nationalities made their annual retreat from 10 to 16 July 2016, at the Church of Mary Help of Christians in Darkhan located near t...
    Date2016.07.18 Reply0 Views939 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 539 Next
/ 539