austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160420_MON.jpg

By Fr. Carlo Maria Savio De Ocampo Villegas, SDB

UPS, Rome, Italy - <<"A suo tempo tutto comprenderai." (Don Bosco, Memoirs of the Oratory) Now I do understand, that instead of insisting on studying Mongolian Literature (Writing), as my interest for updating myself for my own good and the VIE-Mongolia delegation, I ended up studying Don Bosco's spiritual-pedagogical Writing. Obeying my superior’s words in 2013 "... best you take a break out of Mongolia. Go to Rome and study what you think best would be good for you and the mission." - I have now fully understood. From the bottom of my heart deep thanks to the VIE provincials - Fr. Hung and Fr. Quang, to the scholarship granted by the Rector Major Fr. Pascual Chavez and continued by Fr. Angel F. Artime.>>

His postgraduate studies in Salesian spirituality was concluded 19th April with a thesis 'The Value and Significance of Friendship with God/Jesus in some of the writings of Saint John Bosco', guided by Fr. Aldo Giraudo, SDB.

Fr. Carlo was a member of the first missionary expedition to Mongolia (arrived in February 2001 with Fr. Luciano Odorico). Later on he was the first Rector of Ulanbaatar community, Delegate of the Mongolia Delegation (2010-2013) and for few years also the Vicar of the Apostolic Prefect of Ulanbaatar, Mons. Wenceslaus Padilla, CICM. He is the second EAO confreres who concluded his studies in Salesian Spirituality in Rome during the first months of 2016, the first was Fr. Bonaventura Kim from KOR province.

20160420_MON1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • 555 2016.05.02 17:22

just saw this post today...

ps. his "actual" thesis guide was Fr. Morand Wirth, his "formal" thesis guide was Fr. Aldo Giraudo. 

only by the mercy of God, affirms that even a donkey, half a century old, can survive graduate studies and research in a foreign language and still punctuate it with a SCL grade. Viva Gesù Giuseppe e Maria... per sempre!

• 555 2016.05.02 17:41

ps. i did not write the article. i merely sent news to a few of people i know but not at all intending it to be posted on a mailing list such as this. anyways, thank you for whatever good and glory of God it may bring. but i wrote only the first paragraph and did not at all write the 2nd nor 3rd paragraphs which have some data that were imprecisely written.

my suggestion, if an article would be written using words of another person, it would be good that proper authors of the "entire" (with the added paragraphs) article be written as its published author (editor bosco australasia link) and not by the supposed author who practically was accountable for only the few words he himself "was quoted for" ...and not responsible for the succeeding paragraphs with imprecise information.

- just my two cents. 

1. 4000_Congratulations! AustraLasia over 4000 news!

By Our Own Correspondent Congratulations, 11 May 2016 - Among the most vibrant Salesian news services - AustraLasia news - reached 4000th news item. According Fr. Filiberto Gonzalez, General Councilor for the Social Communications the Austr...
    Date2016.05.11 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views736 file
    Read More
  2. 4006(I)_Cambodia Delegation: Forward and Together

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 29 April 2016 -- After the visit of the Rector Major to Cambodia, the growing Educative Pastoral Communities of the Delegation sent once more their representatives to a journey of 3 days with ...
    Date2016.05.11 CategoryCamb. Reply1 Views6877 file
    Read More
  3. 3999_EAO missionary practical training in Africa

By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB Lungi, Sierra Leone, 11 May 2016 - "Ow de body?" ("How are you?" in Krio, local language in Sierra Leone) After few months in Ghana (AustraLasia 3770: ) China province 'missionary practical trainee' Anthony, fi...
    Date2016.05.11 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1016 file
    Read More
  4. 3998(II)_Mobile Holy Door in the Diocese of Gizo

Solomon Islands - Mercy for all By ANS Gizo, Solomon Islands, 10 May 2016 - When he announced the Jubilee of Mercy Pope Francis said that a Door of Mercy should be opened in every diocese, "so that everyone will be able to experience the lo...
    Date2016.05.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1937 file
    Read More
  5. 3998(I)_Youth Pilgrimage, Tokyo by Night

Salesian Youth Day By Mr. Chihiro Okawa Tokyo, Japan, From 7 to 8 May 2016 - 40 young people involved with the Salesian Family, aged 18 to 30, gathered for the Salesian Youth Day - Night Pilgrim Walk in Tokyo. This pilgrimage on foot was pr...
    Date2016.05.10 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views692 file
    Read More
  6. 3997_Becoming a small seed in African garden

Don’t cry for me, Tonj – version 2016! From the interview with the ‘Peace Broadcasting’ Korea By Fr Raphael Lee, SDB Tonj, South Sudan (AFE), 10 May 2016 - In the footsteps of the late Fr. John Lee (1962-2010), another Korean missionary rea...
    Date2016.05.10 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1176 file
    Read More
  7. 3996(II)_EAO missionary to be ordained deacon in Africa

By Le Ho Quoc Dung Peter, SDB Nairobi, Kenya, 8 May 8 2016 - Greetings from Don Bosco Utume, Salesian Theological College, Nairobi, Kenya, AFE Province. Wow – I’m ready to take this opportunity to share my first five years missionary experi...
    Date2016.05.09 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1507 file
    Read More
  8. 3996(I)_Korea Province animation visit 2016

By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 3~8 May 2016 - After the extraordinary visitation of INT (India – Tiruchy) province the EAO Regional Councilor dedicates the whole month of May to the animation visits in six EAO countries (Korea, Mala...
    Date2016.05.09 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views929 file
    Read More
  9. 3995_140th Birthday of the Association of the Salesian Cooperators (1876-2016)

COOPERATORS OF GOD - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! By Mr. Philip Yu, ASC World Councilor for the EAO region ASC, 8 May 2016 - Dear Salesian Cooperators and dear Salesian Family members! The 9th of May 1876 was Ascension Sunday and the Salesian Family rec...
    Date2016.05.08 CategoryASC Reply1 Views1277 file
    Read More
  10. 3994_Vocation story of the first Khmer Salesian Brother

By Bro. Eng Sarorng, SDB Lawaan, the Philippines, 6 May 2016 - As every year in the international novitiate of the Sacred Heart was celebrated the first profession on May 6. Thanks to all superiors and formators (Novice master Fr. Ronel Vil...
    Date2016.05.08 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1115 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... 539 Next
/ 539