Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1882 Comment 0

20151029_WOR.jpg

First EAO missionary who reached Patagonia

By Fr. Brigildo de Deus alias Dydu, SDB

Chubut, Argentina, October 29, 2015 - Dear confreres of the EAO region and especially my dearest confrerers of the Viceprovince of St. Callistus Caravario of Timor Leste – Indonesia (ITM). It’s already 10 years I left from Timor to Patagonia, Argentina as a young brother – first EAO missionary to those places of Cagliero – missions dreamt by our Father Don Bosco.

At the moment I’m contributing to develop a pastoral work in our Salesian community of Trelew, province of Chubut, Patagonia – 1455 kilometers far away from Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina. My mission is comprised of: pastoral attention in two Salesian Secondary schools with 800 students each, one in Trelew and another in Rawson, distance of 25 kilometers. Our Salesian community is located in another very poor district of Trelew with a Parish and Oratory with many young people in need. We reach them through many different youth groups: Exploradores Don Bosco (NB-kind of Salesian Boys Scout, founded in Argentina, 1915), Holy Childhood, Catechesis, Vocation training center, SYM groups and many chapels of our large parish, parish radio station. From our base camp in Trelew our community cares about missions in a strict sense with two of our confreres.

I have reached this community in February 2014, before I was in the community of Sagrado Corazón de Jesús in La Plata-Buenos Aires, involved in the same ministry like here with the youth groups and school pastoral work. And where were my ever first communities when I reached Patagonia? It was in Bahia Blanca – La Piedad (3 months) and Zapala – Neuquén. In those missionary places of Cagliero I have learnt Spanish, the culture of Argentina-Patagonia and did first experience with the youth and indigenous rural communities (Mapuche). Then followed four years of theology in Buenos Aires, with a lot of enrichment in theology and inculturation in many aspects.

After my first year of theology I made the perpetual profession in Zapala, on May 26, 2007 and after four years of theology I was ordained a deacon on June 12, 2010 (San Justo) and finally priestly ordination was conferred to me by the Salesian Bishop of Neuquén, Marcelo Melani, after my pastoral experience in the community of Sagrado – La Plata.

The reality of our Province of Blessed Ceferino Namuncurá-Argentina South (ARS) is geographically very large, distinguished with a quantity of works and not many confreres with a very high average age (65 years+) and with not-so-many consecrated Salesian vocations.

Surely there are many youth under the Salesian pastoral care, very important contribution of many committed lay mission partners to the Salesian Charism. We are very welcome in by the youth, in the society and in the Church, but there is not so enthusiastic response to the life of active faith in the Church or in a specific religious vocation. There are many youth exposed to the narcotics and violence. There is a lack of good education and human, religious values. Those are the main challenges we face daily in our pastoral work as Church and Salesians.

Personally I feel very satisfied in my pastoral and missionary work. I’m very well welcome and accepted among the youth and the people. As well in the communities I worked I was very well accepted. There is a challenge to have at least one companion of my similar age of the same missionary vocation with whom I could dedicate myself completely to the youth in need. For this reason, I would like to invite my Salesian confreres, who are reading this short sharing and who cherish missionary dreams – don’t hesitate to apply for the missions! If it’s for the Patagonia, much better, but what does matter is the missionary vocation as a gift of God and gift of Don Bosco.

Finally – please, pray for the misionaries, especially for me, so we can live with fidelity our Salesian vocation and our Charism!

A warm hug in Jesus and in Don Bosco under the mantle of Mary

20151029_WOR1.jpg

20151029_WOR2.jpg

20151029_WOR3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3815(IV)_Pope Francis emphasized Don Bosco's education

By Our Own Correspondent In a conversation with educators, Pope Francis criticized the influence of positivism, called for an openness to the transcendent and the poor, and evoked the example of St. John Bosco. “Today there is a tendency to...
    Date2015.11.25 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1607 file
    Read More
  2. 3812(II)_"We are very proud of being the members of the Salesian Family"

SIHM with the RM, Fr. Angel at Valdocco By Sr. Maliwan Paramathawirote, SIHM Superior General Bangkok, Thailand, November 23, 2015 -SIHM (Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary) Congregation, present in Thailand and Cambodia give thanks f...
    Date2015.11.23 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1552 file
    Read More
  3. 3808(II)_Initial proclamation of Christ in the city

By Fr. Michael Chang, SDB Pisana-Rome, Italy - On November 15-21, at the Salesianum, there will be the Study Days on the Initial Proclamation of Christ in the City, organized by the SDB and FMA Missions Sectors in collaboration with the You...
    Date2015.11.19 CategoryWorld Reply2 Views2327 file
    Read More
  4. 3806_Welcome to the Salesian Cooperators!

By Mr. Celestino Yoon, ASC Provincial Coordinator ASC-Korea Seoul, Korea, November 14, 2015 - Korean province of the Salesian Cooperators is probably the most numerous among the EAO provinces (537 members with the Promise), but in the same ...
    Date2015.11.17 CategoryWorld Reply2 Views1835 file
    Read More
  5. 3783(V)_Two Vietnamese missionaries celebrate their perpetual profession with the Rector Major

By Cl. Pedro Nguyen Huu Tien, SDB Bogotá, Colombia, October 29, 2016 - During the pastoral visit of the Rector Major Fr. Ángel Fernandez Artime in Colombia among different events was a perpetual profession of 19 students from the internatio...
    Date2015.10.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1609 file
    Read More
  6. 3783(IV)_Sharing of a missionary experience in Patagonia

First EAO missionary who reached Patagonia By Fr. Brigildo de Deus alias Dydu, SDB Chubut, Argentina, October 29, 2015 - Dear confreres of the EAO region and especially my dearest confrerers of the Viceprovince of St. Callistus Caravario of...
    Date2015.10.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1882 file
    Read More
  7. 3781(III)_6th Salesian Historian Congress about the perception of the figure of Don Bosco outside of Salesian Work

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB Turin, Italy, October 28, 2015 - As the Don Bosco Bicentenary Year draws to the close, we notice the last major event in Turin, Italy: “The 6th International Congress of Salesian Historians” (ACSSA). From October ...
    Date2015.10.27 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1754 file
    Read More
  8. 3770(II)_My missionary experience in the Western Pampa (Oeste Pampeano)

By Fr. Natalino de Jesus, SDB Timorese missionary in Argentina, La Pampa – Victorica, since 2008. La Pampa, Argentina, October17, 2015 - "I came here in order to listen, to observe and to learn" I would like to share with the confreres of T...
    Date2015.10.17 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1536 file
    Read More
  9. 3770(I)_Greetings from Ghana

By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB Chinese missionary in Ghana. Ashiman, Ghana, October 17, 2015 - There are many ways how to discern the missionary vocation ad gentes of a young Salesian. One of them is to spend one or two years of practical tr...
    Date2015.10.17 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views3068 file
    Read More
  10. 3766_First Salesian Japanese missionary in Africa

My present dream is to become like Fr. Cimatti in Africa By Cl. Chihiro Morito, SDB Moshi, Tanzania, October 13, 2015 - It’s a very special story of one Japanese Christian, Salesian and Missionary vocation. Second year postnovice Cleric Chi...
    Date2015.10.13 CategoryWorld Reply2 Views22041 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 Next
/ 57