Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #2324

Some (very) useful material

ROME: 10th January 2009 -- In the past several weeks some very useful material has been added to SDL.  It is worth bringing this to your attention.
Almost daily I get requests for one thing or another, and usually I put the results on SDL (as well as sending them to the person who requested, of course). So everyone should be able to benefit from this.
    * 150th anniversary of the Congregation: you will find the text (images were already put up some time ago) of the minutes of the famous meeting in Don Bosco's room on 18th December 1859.  It is in the English, Spanish and Italian collections.
    * The Salesian Coat of arms (original and as adjusted in 1934) can be found in various spots. Currently, under the Don Bosco Scritti e risorse collection you will find the best and most useable (high res) versions in jpg and png, of the original. In the Italian and Spanish collections I have put extracts from the BM explanations of how it came about and Don Bosco's own intervention to get what he wanted!  In due course I'll get that into English.  But you may find the material interesting.  For this item and the one above, maybe 'Stemma' is a good search item, or 'coat of arms', though if you are just after the pics, go to 'formats' and then you'll see exactly what you want after a good long scroll!
     * While talking pics, some have been asking for high resolution photos of the Salesian spots around Piedmont, so again, under the 'format' rubric in 'Don Bosco Scritti...' collection you will find dozens of these including shots you are quite unlikely to have from other sources, especially in Chieri. There is a handful of Annecy ones too, but St Francis de Sales locations is an area I still intend to work on - drat it, means I'll have to go to Annecy again sometime :-) 
    * All (and I mean all) of the RSS, the Ricerche Storiche Salesiane articles in a range of languages, are now available.  That's 25 years worth and around 400 articles. There's a new collection for historical material called 'Storia Salesiana' or 'Salesian History' for any series.  I would dearly love to add the JSS but we haven't managed yet to get hold of those - any effort in that direction would be much appreciated.
    * In both the English and French collections you will find 32 newsletters from the Canadian Vice Province. Easiest is to go to 'authors' and look for CAN.
    * The Memoirs of the Oratory in Spanish (Memorias....); in the Spanish collection of course.
    * Strenna 2009 commentary in the five main languages.  Plus German.
    * Congress on the Preventive System and Human Rights.  Stuff is in English, though a few of the translations are a bit 'ordinary'.  You should try to read the RM's final address though. Excellent - and even the translation is acceptable!  English collection of course.
    * Don Bosko booklet, Czech collection. Now this item is a veritable little gem.  Don't worry about not speaking Czech, just take a look at the wonderful style and it may give you ideas for producing your own booklets on Magone, Rua, whoever. There's a bonus with this one. I've asked permission to put this up, because apart from the original (in pdf form) the 'preservation' method of SDL neatly separates images and text, so if you click on the first (the 'text') icon instead of the pdf one, you have high resolution art at your fingertips and the lady who does this work is delighted to share her work. Feel free.  If you do use her art work, then please acknowledge her.  She is Alena Urbánková.
    * Quiz on Don Bosco, Salesian stuff: Spanish.  Go to the Spanish collection and put 'oca' in the search box and you'll find a 'Juego gigante Don Bosco....'.  There's bound to be someone around who can translate this material for you, but it's a kind of trivial pursuit effort on Don Bosco and that era and you may find it comes in handy working with the kids.
    Hope it is helpful.

AustraLasia is an email service for the Salesian Family of Asia Pacific.  It also functions as an agency for ANS based in Rome.  For queries please contact admin@bosconet.aust.com . Use Bosconet-wiki to be interactive. RSS feeds - just go to Bosconet, click on austraLasia 2008 in the sidebar. You will see the RSS orange icon in your browser address bar - add it from there.  Avail yourself of the Salesian Digital Library at http://sdl.sdb.org

Title: australasia 2324
Subject and key words: SDL new material
Date (year): 2008
ID: 2000-2099|2324 

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Views
2330 World 2330_Take the first step, talk to it - and be surprised! 368
2329 World 2329_Update on 150th prep. on SDL 605
2328 World 2328_Director almost became a priest 425
2327 EAO 2327_EAO Region now extends to the Marianas 370
2326 AUL 2326_Life and work of former provincial lauded as he is laid to rest 213
2325 World 2325_A small flow of good news from Bethlehem 578
» World 2324_Some (very) useful material 463
2323 GIA 2323_Fr Aldo Cipriani - new provincial for Japan 371
2322 AUL 2322_"He faced death with faith, wisdom and his own sense of joyful hope" 202
2321 Pac. 2321_Churches everywhere you look! 599
2320 World 2320_Preventive System and Human Rights: trust, hope, alliance 298
2319 India 2319_6th South Asia Salesian Brothers' Congress in full swing 225
2318 World 2318_Hacking the Way to Heaven 699
2317 Mongolia 2317_A Mongolian Christmas 476
2316 AUL 2316_As a final Advent act, check your crypt - you just never know! 195
2315 World 2315_Some Christmas gifts for you 1318
2314 FIN 2314_Homeless World Cup 573
2313 KOR 2313_Korea: Annual Seminar on Salesianity 322
2312 Pac. 2312_Double Salesian Family Celebrations in Samoa: SDB Ordination, FMA Final Profession - all in the family! 367
2311 World 2311_Take a look at some of Servant of God Fr Andrej Majcen's material 403
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 177 Next
/ 177