Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
austraLasia #2050

50 years in the service of the Rector Major - a rather special anniversary

ROME: 4th February 2008 --  50 years ago, on 4th February, Bro Renato Celato came to Valdocco in the service of the then Rector Major Fr Renato Ziggiotti.  It was more than just a case of sharing the same first name that tied Renato Celato to the sccessor of Don Bosco, but his incarnation of Don Bosco's ideal of the lay Salesian. Today, 50 years later, he is still very much in the service of the Rector Major, Fr Pascual Chávez, now based in Rome, where Brother Celato moved once the General Council took up residence at 'the Pisana'.  austraLasia salutes this unusual anniversary - we know of no other similar unbroken length of service to the Rector Major and Council. But in so doing we salute also the many Brothers around the EAO Region who represent this model of the lay Salesian and generous service; each Province can name many such men still beavering away or listed in the annals of the Province and laid gently to rest after their labours.
    In 1883 Don Bosco spoke to the 'Coadjutor' novices at San Benigno Canavese.  Amongst other things he said this:
    "I need to be able to take one of you and send him into a print-shop and say: 'You take charge of it and make sure it goes well'.Another I will send into a bookstore and say: 'You run this place and make sure it works well'. I need someone I can send to a house and say to him: 'It will be your job to see to it that this workshop or these workshops run in an orderly fashion and leave nothing to be desired. You will make sure that the work turns out the way it should'...... Now let me explain my second thought: since you are expected to come to my aid in great and delicate tasks, you must acquire many virtues, and since you are expected to direct others, you must first of all give good example..."
    Readers can follow up on this and many other materials on the Salesian Brother by going to http://www.bosconet.aust.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Formation.Brother but for now let's just say that Signor Renato Celato has epitomised what Don Bosco has said above in every sense.  And he still runs that 'Posta' at the Pisana in that sense!   

AustraLasia is an email service for the Salesian Family of Asia Pacific.  It also functions as an agency for ANS based in Rome.  For queries please contact admin@bosconet.aust.com . Use Bosconet-wiki to be interactive. RSS feeds - just go to Bosconet, click on austraLasia 2008 in the sidebar. You will see the RSS orange icon in your browser address bar - add it from there.  Avail yourself of the Salesian Digital Library at at http://sdl.sdb.org

Title: australasia 2050
Subject and key words: EAO Provinces THA Thailand Tsunami anniversary
Date (year): 2008
ID: 2000-2099|2050

1. 0176_SALESIAN PAST PUPIL INSPIRED TO TAKE UP LAY MISSIONARY CALL

CategoryWorld Views34324
    Read More
  2. 2604_Going online in a big way!

CategoryWorld Views8892
    Read More
  3. 1879_Don Bosco's formative years in historical context: vol 1 now available

CategoryWorld Views3500
    Read More
  4. 0007_ELDERLY INDIAN SALESIAN DROWNED

CategoryWorld Views3252
    Read More
  5. 2243_An Aussie invention worth a try - it won't bite, or bounce!

CategoryWorld Views3126
    Read More
  6. 0139_SALESIAN PRIEST MURDERED IN ECUADOR

CategoryWorld Views2946
    Read More
  7. 1289_Inside the Vatican - inside the Synod (3rd report): Week Two

CategoryWorld Views2009
    Read More
  8. 2986_Happy Birthday Cagliero11!

CategoryWorld Views1958
    Read More
  9. 0723_EVEN BISHOPS HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL!

CategoryWorld Views1918
    Read More
  10. 1098_"Yes, Mario, I am you father too". Tribute to JP II

CategoryWorld Views1728
    Read More
  11. 2506_Resources constantly on the increase

CategoryWorld Views1718
    Read More
  12. 1200_Time to inculturate!

CategoryWorld Views1708
    Read More
  13. 0178_INDIA: DEATH OF SALESIAN BISHOP

CategoryWorld Views1633
    Read More
  14. 2050_50 years in the service of the Rector Major - a rather special anniversary

CategoryWorld Views1614
    Read More
  15. 1439_"Sometimes trotting, sometimes galloping" (MO Ch 26) - for when the community car is a thing of the past

CategoryWorld Views1581
    Read More
  16. 2770_Christmas Greetings

CategoryWorld Views1507
    Read More
  17. 1901_From Negros Occidental to Ethiopia-Eritrea, and now 'the boss'!

CategoryWorld Views1367
    Read More
  18. 0877_Volunteers with Don Bosco (CDB): the first decade.

CategoryWorld Views1353
    Read More
  19. 2315_Some Christmas gifts for you

CategoryWorld Views1318
    Read More
  20. 2559_Young - and not so young - Salesians to the rescue!

CategoryWorld Views1210
    Read More
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35 Next
/ 35