Fr. Edward Udom Nidhibhadrabhorn passed away
By Fr. Aaron Alcoseba, SDB
Bangkok, Thailand, 30 October 2017 -- Our beloved confrere Fr. Edward Udom Nidhibhadrabhorn passed away on October 30 at St. Louis Hospital, Bangkok.
Recently he has been in-and-out of the hospital with various sickness - nose cancer, kidney problem - and has been undergoing dialysis three times a week. The previous week he was visited by Bishop Joseph Prathan, SDB who also gave him the anointing of the sick.
The last moments came so fast. However, he was assisted by the chaplain of the hospital with the Sister in charge of hospital affairs.
The initial funeral wake will be at Don Bosco Technological College (Bangkok) Chapel for two nights. On Thursday, the body will be transferred to St. Joseph Church - Banpong and the burial will be held on Friday, 3 November 2017.
Fr Udom was born in Sampran, in 1948 and passed away at the age of 69 years, after 36 years as professed Salesian and 28 years of priestly life.
Short life-line overview:
- 1964-1973 teacher in St John School (Bangkok)
- 1974-1978 teacher in Joseph Upatham School (Sampran)
- 1980 - novitiate
- 1981 - first profession
- 1981-1984 - philosophy (Yercaud, India)
- 1984 - perpetual profession
- 1985 - 1989 - theology and MA degree study (UPS, Rome)
- 1991-1992 Sampran, vicar – prefect of studies
- 1992-1995 Sampran, rector
- 1993-1995 Provincial councillor
- 1995-1996 Saint Dominic Bangkok
- 1996-2001 Don Bosco Bangkok, in charge of the salesian bulletin and newsletter, in charge of the boarding house & public church, THA delegate for Social Communication
- 2001 - 2009 Saint Dominic School, rector (2004); house economer (2006); school principal
- 2009 - 2017 Chiangmai, Don Bosco Home Doisaket - Chiangmai, spiritual advisor
We pray that our good Lord will accept our dear confrere soon into His Kingdom! Rest in peace!