austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20210204_ASC-(1).jpg

ASC-World, 3 February 2021 -- During the January 30th Valdocco Vigil for the Feast of Don Bosco, the Rector Major was listening to the testimonies of four young Turin entrepreneurs who are involved in the 'Economy of Francesco'. Probably most of the AustraLasia readers are not familiar with this project of Pope Francis. We are glad to present a personal sharing of the ASC World Administrator, Ms Cinzia Arena, who has been personally involved in this 'EoF' since last 2019:

"The Economy of Francis is a movement or rather an ongoing process in which young economists and entrepreneurs are discussing an alternative economy.

The committee promoting this process is formed by: Diocese of Assisi, Seraphic Institute, Municipality of Assisi, Economy of Communion and Franciscan Families, with the support, on behalf of the Holy See, the Dicastery for the Service of Integral Human Development, which is sponsoring the initiative. The Dicastery is represented by Prefect Card. Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson.

The young people of EoF responded to the Pope's call: Two thousand young people from 120 countries, researchers, entrepreneurs under the age of 35 were summoned by Pope Francis on 1 May 2019 to sign a virtual pact in Assisi with the aim of building an economy on a human scale. In order to do this, paths need to be traced and relationships created with the support of leadership groups capable of developing cultures and launching processes.

This project, which is obviously in progress, is based on twelve thematic areas, on which the young people are structuring their work, grouped according to the territorial dimension to which they belong.

These areas, as indicated in the community section of the dedicated website https://francescoeconomy.org/it/ , are called "The 12 EoF villages" and represent the participants' working sessions on the major themes of the economy of today and tomorrow. Villages are often crossroads of roads and paths, places where different people and cultures meet. The "EoF villages" are also intended to be spaces for dialogue and discussion, for questions and perspectives, for reflection and proposals".

The twelve areas are as follows

1. MANAGEMENT AND GIFT

2. FINANCE AND HUMANITY

3. WORK AND CARE

4. AGRICULTURE AND JUSTICE

5. ENERGY AND POVERTY

6. BUSINESS AND PEACE

7. WOMEN FOR ECONOMY

8. CO2 OF INEQUALITY

9. PROFIT AND VOCATION

10. BUSINESSES IN TRANSITION

11. LIFE AND LIFE-STYLE

12. POLICIES FOR HAPPINESS

Those who work on the Economy of Francis are involved in one of these sectors by collaborating with young people on concrete projects.

As an economist, I felt transported by this unique event in the world and began to follow its developments both via social networks and the dedicated website. I felt the need to offer my contribution, given that I have long been involved in the animation of economic solidarity. So I contacted the Facebook group "I ragazzi di Francesco", which put me in touch with the team in the Campania region. I spoke to one of the contact persons and made myself available for possible consultations, events, testimonials, and we will see how all this can be put into practice."

Economy of Francesco:

Related news article:

20210204_ASC-(2).jpg

20210204_ASC-(3).jpg

20210204_ASC-(4).jpg

20210204_ASC-(5).jpg

20210204_ASC-(6).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5572(III)_10th Anniversary of Fr John Med: Czech Missionary in India

By our own correspondent Czech Republic, 19 February 2021 -- Each one of the 11,000 Salesians who were sent as missionaries ad gentes since 1875 left a precious heritage in his homeland as well in his mission land. And Fr. John Med, Czech S...
    Date2021.02.19 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views1234 file
    Read More
  2. 5572(II)_Monthly aids for Salesian Spiritual Accompaniment

By SDB Formation sector RMG, 19 February 2021 -- Since last August 2020 we have been enriched and animated by the short video clips produced by the Formation Sector with the help of young Salesians themselves who speak to us in 6 different ...
    Date2021.02.19 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1036 file
    Read More
  3. 5572(I)_Fridays in Lent: The Way of the Cross

with Persecuted Christians, One with Jesus suffering in his brothers and sisters World, 19 February 2021 -- Every day, millions of Christians around the world suffer for their faith. Many are persecuted for their beliefs, their ordeals can ...
    Date2021.02.19 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views756 file
    Read More
  4. 5571(III)_Don Bosco Green Alliance in Shuwuu, Ulaanbaatar

By Fr. Mario Gaspar, SDB Shuwuu, Mongolia, 19 February 2021 -- The Salesians took over the mission in Shuwuu, after the handover from the Mongolia Apostolic Vicar, late Bishop Wenceslaus Padilla in 2016. The first time we arrived there were...
    Date2021.02.18 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1416 file
    Read More
  5. 5571(II)_PNG: Laudato Si, Resource Manual

For the animation of parishes, schools and youth groups By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 18 February 2021 -- Papua New Guinea is blessed with the wonder and beauty of nature. We delight in watching the unique ‘bird of pa...
    Date2021.02.18 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views903 file
    Read More
  6. 5571(I)_PNG: "Give and it shall be given to you"

By Ms. Joan Eko Don Bosco Technical School Gabutu, Port Moresby PNG, 18 February 2021 -- Held on Wednesday, 17 February, the theme of the celebration was “Give and it shall be given back to you” Luke 6:38. Archbishop Francesco P...
    Date2021.02.18 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1121 file
    Read More
  7. 5570(II)_Salesian Family in Action - Covid Year Solidarity

'Don Bosco Solidarity in Covid Times' published By our own correspondent RMG, 17 February 2021 -- The Covid Solidarity of the worldwide Salesian Family becomes visible through a newly published book 'One Family - One Father'...
    Date2021.02.17 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1130 file
    Read More
  8. 5570(I)_Italy Salesian Bulletin reports on FMA in Myanmar

By Ms. Petra Slivjnek BS (Italy) FMA Mission Office-Germany, 17 February 2021 -- After the powerful cyclone in 2008, countless people fled from many destroyed villages to the metropolitan area of Yangon with 4 million. Difficult social cond...
    Date2021.02.17 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views814 file
    Read More
  9. 5569(VI)_An experience of prayer and formation

By Anne Dobbin (ADMA Aspirant) Gabutu (PM) PNG, 16 February 2021 -- In preparation for the feast of St. John Bosco, parishioners, the staff of Don Bosco Technical School (DBTS) and their families gathered for a time of spiritual journey thr...
    Date2021.02.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views949 file
    Read More
  10. 5569(V)_DB Green Alliance grows with simple storytelling

By Ms Taichi Miranda EAO ECO team coordinator EAO, 16 February 2021 -- During the third EAO Eco Team online meeting (Feb 15, 2021) we were happy to host the Don Bosco Green Alliance main office (location Mumbai - India) team - Mr. Macson Al...
    Date2021.02.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views2358 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 538 Next
/ 538