2020.09.10 12:03

5465(III)_Here I am, Send Me!

Views 1464 Comment 0
ALA_5465

20200910_RMG.jpg

A Missionary Thought for the 11th of the Month

By Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB
General Councilor for Missions

Rome, Italy, 10 September 2020 -- For many years now, every last Sunday of September the Rector Major presides at the missionary sends off at the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians at Valdocco. Due to the pandemic this year’s send-off of the 151st missionary expedition has been postponed to a later date.

Jesus is the Father’s Missionary: He was sent by the Father; his life and ministry reveal his willingness to be sent and his total obedience to the Father’s will (Jn 4:34). Jesus, in turn, draws us into his mission and sends us on a mission to the whole world. The Church’s mission is to evangelise. Today she continues to send out evangelisers everywhere (Evangelii Nuntiandi, 15) so that, through our witness of faith and the proclamation of the Gospel, people may come to know Jesus. Indeed, the missionary vocation in the Church is above all an ever-new response to the Lord’s question: “Whom shall I send?” This is an invitation to step out of ourselves, to get out of our comfort zones and make a free and conscious response to make ourselves totally available wherever the Lord will send us: “Here I am, send me!” (Is 6,8)

The Salesian missionary vocation is a participation in the Church’s missionary nature (Ad gentes, 2). While every Salesian is called to live the missionary spirit, which is an essential element of Don Bosco’s charism, some Salesians are called to be missionaries ad exteros (outside one’s own country or culture), ad vitam (as a lifetime commitment). The Salesian missionary vocation is a special call within our common Salesian vocation. As such it needs prayer and discernment with the help of a spiritual guide. Thanks to Salesian missionaries since 1875, Don Bosco’s charism is now present in 134 countries. Once ascertained one can write directly to the Rector Major making known his total availability wherever he will be sent. Is the Lord calling you to be a missionary?

Questions for Reflection and Sharing

§ Is God calling me to be a missionary?

§ How can we live Don Bosco’s missionary spirit today?

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5818(IV)_Fr. Alfred Maravilla addressed the Missionaries of Africa General Chapter

By The Missions Sector RMG, 31 May 2022 -- On 31st May 2022, Fr Alfred Maravilla SDB, General Councilor for Missions, addressed the members of the General Chapter of the Missionaries of Africa who are gathered in their Generalate in Rome st...
    Date2022.06.07 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views683 file
    Read More
  2. 5818(III)_FIN Province’s Spiritual Exercises on St. Francis de Sales

By FIN Social Communication Mary Help of Christians House of Spirituality Batangas, the Philippines, 4 June 2022 -- Fr. Morand Wirth, SDB, led the Salesians of Don Bosco of the FIN Province in their annual Spiritual Exercises with the topic...
    Date2022.06.07 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views974 file
    Read More
  3. 5818(II)_Don Bosco Timor-Leste Welcomes Switzerland Ambassador

By J. Mota SDB Comoro, Dili, Timor-Leste 02 June 2022 -- In the afternoon of 2 June 2022. the Honourable Ambassador of Switzerland, Mr. Kurt Kunz was welcomed by the TLS Provincial, Fr. Apolinário Neto, SDB on his arrival in the Don ...
    Date2022.06.07 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views564 file
    Read More
  4. 5818(I)_Students challenge peers to be Team Players

By Isabella Saleu Port Moresby, PNG, 3 June 2022 -- Five students from Don Bosco Technical School on the Chat Room of Wednesday 1 June 2022 have sent out a strong reminder to their peers that teamwork is essential for personal growth and po...
    Date2022.06.07 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views460 file
    Read More
  5. 5817(I)_“Run, Jump, make noise but avoid sin.”

By Luther Kuelinad, 11 Sandor and Mr. Leo Paraha, Salesian Educator Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 01-06-22 -- Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu had their Intramurals opening on Tuesday 24 May 2022 after the solemn Eucharistic Celebration of M...
    Date2022.06.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1296 file
    Read More
  6. 5816(V)_Timor-Leste gets its first ever Cardinal of the Catholic Church

By J. Mota SDB Vatican City, 29 May 2021 -- Five days after celebrating the Solemnity of Mary Help of Christians, the Church and the Salesian Family in Timor-Leste rejoiced upon the elevation of Archbishop Virgílio do Carmo da Silva,...
    Date2022.05.31 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1110 file
    Read More
  7. 5816(IV)_Vietnam: Ordination Mass of Deacons and Priests

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Don Bosco Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 30 May 2022 -- At 8:00 a.m. on May 28, 2022, at Don Bosco Xuan Hiep Church, Linh Xuan, Thu Duc, Bishop Dominic Nguyen Van Manh, Bishop of the Diocese Da Lat ordained a number of priests...
    Date2022.05.31 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views504 file
    Read More
  8. 5816(III)_Celebration of the Solemnity of Mary Help of Christians

By Br. Attisso Joel, SDB Kokopo, East New Britain, PNG, 31 May 2022 -- In joy and gladness, the Salesian community of Rapolo celebrated the Solemnity of Mary Help of Christians on 24 May 2022 at the Don Bosco Technical Secondary School, Kok...
    Date2022.05.31 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views468 file
    Read More
  9. 5816(II)_Mary Queen of Peace and Love

By John Kawapuro, 11 Sandor Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 31 may 2022 -- The Solemnity of Mary Help of Christians was celebrated on 24 May 2022 with pomp and splendour by the Salesians, staff, and the students at Don Bosco Technical School, Ga...
    Date2022.05.31 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views601 file
    Read More
  10. 5816(I)_'Men on Fire' with the passion to evangelise!

By FIN Province Commission for Missionary Animation Makati, Philippines, 31 May 2022 -- Before concluding the Extraordinary Canonical Visitation to the Northern Philippines (FIN) Province, the Provincial Delegates for Missionary Animation a...
    Date2022.05.31 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views513 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 537 Next
/ 537