?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

1-Group-photo.jpg

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB
Photographs: Fr. Juna Ola Amang and Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB

Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG, 9 July 2022 -- The Spiritual retreat is a time of grace to restore in us a spirit of unity with the Lord and keep alive in us the expectation of His return (C 91).

Archbishop Emeritus Francesco Panfilo, sdb preached the Spiritual Retreat to Consecrated religious of the Salesian Family. It commenced on the 3rd and concluded on the 9th July 2022, was held at the beautiful Emmaus Conference Centre, Boroko, Port Moresby and had as its theme: The Gift of Fidelity and the Joy of Perseverance’.

The retreat was unique as it consisted of four groups of consecrated persons from the Salesian Family. 36 participants consisting of Salesian priests, clerics, brothers and deacons (18), Salesian sisters (13), Caritas sisters (3), an MSMHC sister and a diocesan priest. Two Salesian confreres also joined the retreat online.

Archbishop Panfilo, a man of prayer, knowledge, insight and rich experience dwelt on several relevant topics. His insight into church documents and documents of the Salesians and Salesian sisters led the retreatants into deep reflections and life-changing experiences. “He is well versed in the knowledge of the documents of the church and the congregation. He has studied and taught them from his practical training days, as novice master and all through his different assignments”, said Fr Angelo Fazzini.

Opening the retreat, the preacher invited all to ‘Remain in the Love of the Lord’. The different sessions dwelt on the call and response; attachments and false priorities; temptation, rejection and persecution; hypocrisy, sin and the beauty of faithfulness, the service of authority and the joy of perseverance. Each person was led into a personal rediscovery of their vocation and a call to rekindle the flame of faith amidst the struggles and difficulties of their lives. “The retreat preacher has led us to examine and purify ourselves and find the right direction, as his chosen spouse, and pastoral worker for the education of the young”, said Sr Pamela Vecina, FMA.

Summing up the retreat, Sr. Alice S. Fulgencio, FMA, was grateful for the down-to-earth conferences that has provoked a deeper examination of her consecrated life. “I am confronted to look more profoundly into the radicality of my response, to renew my “yes” daily, to live my life fully given to God and to the young, to be a life-giving presence to everyone especially my Sisters and those entrusted to my care, to be faithful till the end. And as we celebrate the 150th foundation of our FMA Institute, I am deeply grateful for my vocation and I wish to live each day being more aware that I am a monument of Don Bosco’s thanks to Mary Help of Christians”, she said.

The participants enjoyed a faith filled retreat, wherein each participant felt the spirit of the Lord speaking directly to him or her. It has been a time of personal change. “I realize that this retreat is a moment of personal conversion as I reflect on my own vulnerabilities, frailties and misgivings”, said Fr Roger Miranda.

Newly arrived missionary Sr Lapynshai Khongwir MSMHC, appreciated this important retreat at the start of her mission in PNG. She realized that the Lord wants her ‘to be’ rather than ‘to do’ in her work and apostolate with the people, and prayed for courage and grace to be led by the Spirit of the Lord.

The Eucharistic celebrations, Liturgy of the Hours, Adorations and the evening rosary were moments of prayer and personal sharing with expressions of gratitude for one’s call to consecrated life. On 8 July, the participants of the different congregations renewed their vows to live, poor, chaste and obedient.

In the evening, the participants expressed their gratitude and appreciation to Archbishop Panfilo at a ‘Family Circle’ of lively song and dance. Renewed and refreshed, the participants now return to their institutions to engage with the young people entrusted to their care. Gratitude and thanks to all who have made this Spiritual Retreat an experience to cherish and remember.

On Saturday 9 July Cl Jöel Attisso made his perpetual profession in the Shrine of Mary Help of Christians, Boroko, Port Moresby.

1-Archbishop-preaching-2.jpg

1-Archbishop-preaching.jpg

1-Fr-Angelo-Fazzini-.jpg

1-Fr-Eduardo-Revilla.jpg

1-Good-Night-1.jpg

1-Good-Night-2.jpg

1-Lunch-1.jpg

1-Mass-1.jpg

1-Prayer-morning-1.jpg

1-Prayer-morning-2.jpg

1-Rosary-1.jpg

1-Sr-Carm.jpg

1-Sr-Lapynshai-Khongwir-MSMHC.jpg

1-Supper.jpg

1-Adoration-1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5842(II)_How many Salesians in our Region?

EAO, 28 July 2022 -- Statistics are not just numbers. Behind the numbers are names, personal vocation and mission stories. We are glad we have one expert statistician at the service of the whole Congregation. Twice during the General Chapte...
    Date2022.07.29 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views717 file
    Read More
  2. 5842(I)_Summer Camp at Don Bosco Tac Van Parish

By Viet SC DB Tac Van, Ca Mau, Vietnam, 28 July 2022 -- On July 25, 2022, Don Bosco Tac Van Parish (Ca mau) held a camp to officially close the summer program with the theme "Let's have fun together". The number of Catholics and childre...
    Date2022.07.29 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views923 file
    Read More
  3. 5841_Persistent Gospel Magic of Fr 'Mickey' Muramatsu

Nakatsu, Kyushu, Japan, 27 July 2022 -- Fr Peter ('Mickey') Muramatsu, SDB started his passion for magic almost 40 years ago as a young boy, became motivated during theology formation years in Paranaque (FIN, Philippines) and since ...
    Date2022.07.27 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views900 file
    Read More
  4. 5840_Blessing of new building

Don Bosco Sumba Vocational High School By Fr. Adie Prinanto, SDB DB Sumba, Indonesia, 26 July 2022 -- On July 23, 2022, the Bishop Edmund Woga, CSsR the bishop of Weetebula, led the blessing Mass for the new building at the SMK (Vocational ...
    Date2022.07.26 CategoryINA Reply0 Views424 file
    Read More
  5. 5839(V)_Installation of the New Parish Priest for Lourdes Shrine

By SocCom FIS Cebu City, Philippines, 25 July 2022 -- The Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes(ASOLL) was in a festive mood last July 23, 2002, as it received its new Parish Priest in the person of Fr. Lamberto “Jhun” Para...
    Date2022.07.25 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views606 file
    Read More
  6. 5839(IV)_Don Bosco welcomes Dominic Savio Nagasawa to his garden (July 24 16:17)

Provincial House, Tokyo, Japan, 25 July 2022 -- Our confrere, Salesian Fr Dominic Savio Yukio Nagasawa (aged 82, 62 years of profession, a priest for 53 years) was called to Father's home at St. Francis Hospital (Nagasaki) on July 24, 2...
    Date2022.07.25 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views685 file
    Read More
  7. 5839(III)_ADMA growth around the EAO Region: new and young membership

EAO, 25 July 2022 -- Since the Second EAO ADMA (Association of Mary Help of Christians) Congress in September 2021 we see a consistent and enthusiastic growth of this important Salesian Family group - ADMA - around East Asia-Oceania countri...
    Date2022.07.25 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views524 file
    Read More
  8. 5839(II)_Sto. Niño Parish-Pasil Receives New Parish Priest

By SocCom FIS Cebu City, Philippines, 25 July 2022 -- Last July 14, 2022 was an extraordinary day for the Parishioners of Sto. Niño Parish in Barangay Suba-Pasil as Fr. Jerome Mario Dublois, SDB, was installed as Parish Priest. He su...
    Date2022.07.25 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views922 file
    Read More
  9. 5839(I)_“Brotherhood is like leaven of new wine”

The annual retreat of the Vietnam Province By VIE SC Vietnam, 25 July 2022 -- On the Saturday morning, July 23, 2022, at the Don Bosco K'Long Retreat Center, Father Provincial Barnabas Le An Phong, SDB celebrated the closing Mass of the...
    Date2022.07.25 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views476 file
    Read More
  10. 5838(III)_Fr. Anacleto Pires,SDB installed as the 6th Superior of the TLS Vice-Province

Fatumaca, Timor-Leste 23 July 2022 -- Fr Andrew Wong,SDB, the current provincial of Indonesia (INA) Vice-Province and the former Regional of the EAO Region acting as the representative of the Rector Major, has installed Fr Anacleto Pires,SD...
    Date2022.07.24 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views661 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 538 Next
/ 538