austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

Cambodia-Albeiro-SUE-newsletter-2022.jpg

New Rochelle, USA, 7 August 2022 -- During the penultimate week of July Fr Albeiro Rodas (orginally from Colombia, amissionary in THA province: Thailand-Cambodia-Laos, Delegation of Cambodia) visited New Rochelle and shared with SUE Newsletter:

This October will mark 23 years since Fr. Rodas has been there. He has organied communications for the province since 2008. "For us, communication is to channel messages from above and honor inspiration every time, even in art, photography, and videos," Fr. Rodas remarked. Being amid a Buddhist society, the THA Province incorporates tolerance. "People are very kind, humble, and enjoy being with others," Fr. Rodas explained. "They see God in every religion and every spirituality. Our evangelization is based on the ability to be witnesses to God’s Love, especially in charity and helping the poor. Preaching the Gospel is sharing the love of God with those in need." In 2011, Fr. Rodas, who previously obtained a Bachelor of Arts in social communication and journalism, opened Don Bosco Camp, a delegation school where students can obtain their associate degrees in social communication. There, they learn an array of talents from Fr. Rodas, including writing, acting, and directing.

Most students at Don Bosco Camp are Buddhist, and those who become Catholic do so when the Spirit calls. Then, it takes them three years to study catechism. "Our inter-religious dialogue is communicated by loved and tenderness," Fr. Rodas detailed. "To become Catholic is to fulfill the love of Jesus to give light. Buddha makes the enlightened one, and Jesus is light. So, many students say, 'I am a Buddhist who follows Jesus.'" In 2013, Fr. Rodas was made the Cambodia delegate for social communication.

Two years later, he graduated online with a Master of Arts in digital communication. One of Fr. Rodas’ favorite aspects of communication is filmography, which he sees as "a big package of social communication." "One of my favorite things about communication are films," he beamed. "For me, making movies is a great opportunity for young people to see reality." Fr. Rodas watches and analyzes films with his students and dreams to make the Don Bosco movie in Cambodia with Cambodian faces and in Cambodian context. Fr. Rodas also discussed the beauty in mantras. "The point of a mantra is to set an intention to get to God," he exclaimed. "Even saying 'Jesus' or 'Mary' is a mantra. It’s a beautiful idea to be enlightened by being truly present with the Lord and Mary Our Mother."

Additionally, Fr. Rodas communicated the importance of prayer and meditation. "A simple definition of prayer and meditation is that, in prayer, I talk to God; in meditation, I listen to God," he shared. "Meditation is connected to the highest in both Eastern and Western societies. In the West, meditation can be seen in many places, such as within Carmelite societies and St. Augustine’s talk on meditation. We can also recall that Jesus went up to the mountain alone to pray and meditate."

On Monday, July 25, Fr. Rodas returned home to Colombia to visit his family where he will stay until his return to Cambodia in October. One of the last things he discussed was the importance of forgiveness, for both us and others. "Ask for forgiveness for yourself and forgive others," he implored. "The voice of God is constant, and we ignore it in our worries." The sick lady who touched Jesus’ cloak. 'Woman, your faith has healed you.' We must hear that voice, every moment, every time."

Salesian_News_N._195-page-001.jpg

Salesian_News_N._195-page-002.jpg

Salesian_News_N._195-page-003.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5855(II)_Vietnam North Delegation: Confirmation Mass at Don Bosco Nong Vu

Ha Noi, Vietnam, 23 August 2022 -- On Saturday morning, 17 August 2022, Don Bosco Nong Vu Parish invited Bishop Joseph Do Quang Khang, Auxiliary Bishop of Bac Ninh Diocese to bless its Pastoral House. The house began construction two years ...
    Date2022.08.23 CategoryVIN Reply0 Views590 file
    Read More
  2. 5855(I)_Two New Salesians on Don Bosco's Birthday

By Fr. Richie Santos, SDB Photos by Mr. Juni Amora Alexander St. John Bosco Parish, Makati City, the Philippines, 23 August 2022 -- Two Salesian Provinces have their most grateful smiles to God, our Lady, and Don Bosco on the morning of Aug...
    Date2022.08.23 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1160 file
    Read More
  3. 5854(I)_SIGNIS and SDBs: Seoul World Congress 2022

By our own correspondent Seoul, South Korea, 22 August 2022 -- SIGNIS - The World Catholic Association for Communication (established in 2001) is a Vatican accredited organization of Catholic lay journalists and communicators working in the...
    Date2022.08.22 CategoryKOR Reply2 Views581 file
    Read More
  4. 5853(VI)_Peace in a Digital World

SIGNIS begins its Sixth World Congress in South Korea By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Seoul, Korea, 19 August 2022 -- The World Catholic Association for Communications has launched an urgent call for peace through digital communication. The Con...
    Date2022.08.20 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views340 file
    Read More
  5. 5853(V)_God calls me from poverty

By Elijah Timbalu (Grade 12) Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, PNG, 19 August 2022 -- I am Elijah Timbalu, aged 22, and was born on the 28th of August, 1999, in a small village called Goma in SinaSina Yongmul District of Chimbu Province. ...
    Date2022.08.20 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views367 file
    Read More
  6. 5853(IV)_Salesian Province Don Bosco Vietnam: The Perpetual Profession Mass

By Viet SC Don Bosco Xuan Hiep Parish, Thu Duc, Vietnam, 20 August 2022 -- In the autumn of 1846, in a conversation with Marchioness Barolo, Don Bosco expressed his unwavering commitment with his heart: "I have vowed to give my whole life t...
    Date2022.08.20 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views414 file
    Read More
  7. 5853(III)_International Youth Day celebrated in Fiji at Don Bosco Youth and Education Centre

By Afia Enosa Suva, Fiji Islands, 13 August 2022 -- “Dream, believe, achieve” were the words that were chanted by the young people from Raiwaqa (Jittu squatter settlement), Vatuwaqa (Wailea squatter settlement), and Nanuku and o...
    Date2022.08.20 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views406 file
    Read More
  8. 5853(II)_Newsletter - A valuable tool for provincial community building

By our own correspondent Seoul, South Korea, 18 August 2022 -- Some Salesian provinces have a regular provincial newsletter service, usually monthly or bi-monthly, and some provinces have no provincial newsletter. Without doubt, this simple...
    Date2022.08.20 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views350 file
    Read More
  9. 5853(I)_Priestly Ordinations on Mary's Assumption

By Cl. Lorenzo Gabriel T. Estrella, SDB Photos by Juni Amora Alexander Parañaque City, the Philippines, 18 August 2022-- On the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Salesians of the Philippines-North Province r...
    Date2022.08.20 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views354 file
    Read More
  10. 5852(V)_Priestly Ordination of Fortunato H. F. Soares, SDB

By TLS Soc Com Baucau, Timor Leste, 16 August 2022 -- On 15 August, the Solemnity of Mary’s Assumption, Deacon Fortunato Henrique Flores Soares, SDB, was ordained a priest through the laying on of hands and prayers of the Metropolitan...
    Date2022.08.16 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views488 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 538 Next
/ 538