PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 40 Comment 0

PGS_20240131_01.jpg

By Miss Rosene Apurado,
HOD- Technical & RE/PD/Sports Department,
Caritas Technical Secondary School

Don Bosco Technical Institute- East Boroko, 31 January 2024 -- In the dynamic scope of education, where methodologies evolve, and philosophies transform, the institutions of the Don Bosco Educational System (DBES) in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands have proposed to introduce a common Salesianity Formation for their lay mission educators around Port Moresby before the beginning of the academic year 2024. This suggestion was raised by Sr. Mazzarello Choi, SCG, in the recent DBES meeting held at Don Bosco Technical Institute-Simbu late last year.

In response to this call, on the 24th and 25th of January, the first Common Salesianity Formation was organized, made possible through the efforts of Fr. Ariel Macatangay, SDB, who spearheaded the event. It was attended by almost 120 participants from different Salesian schools such as DB Technical Secondary School-Gabutu, DB Technical Institute-East Boroko, DB Technical Institute (Vunasbosco), DB Technical Institute Henderson in the Solomon Islands, DB Araimiri (via Zoom), MHC Vocational Education Training Fode Center, Caritas Technical Secondary School, and Caritas Business College. It was indeed a successful and accomplished activity.

The presented topics revolved around the core principles of the Preventive System of Don Bosco. These encompassed a diverse range, including Salesian animating presence, the spirituality of the playground presented by Fr. Shoji, the application of Reason in the Preventive System in the context of discipline for both staff and students by Fr. Pedro Sachitula, an exploration of the historical text and context of the Preventive System and its connection to the vocation dreams of Don Bosco by Fr. Greg Bicomong, and a deep dive into the Five Elements of Salesian Youth Spirituality by Fr. Ariel Macatangay.

Here are some insights from the participants of these two-day formations.

• “The Salesianity formation sessions made me reflect on how I can provide a supportive and compassionate approach in guiding and nurturing the young entrusted to my care. These could include having empathy, kindness, and genuine care in fostering personal growth and creating a positive environment of being a presence that inspires trust and encourages the young (students) to reach their full potential”. Ms. Delsie Maulangi, Dean of Studies, DB Technical Institute, East Boroko.
  • "The common Salesianity formation is really helpful as it serves as a refresher for me, a teacher who has been teaching in a Salesian school for almost ten years. Moreover, I appreciate the fact that it was presented in detail, allowing me to learn many new things. I wish that we could have more of these meetings. I feel it should be lengthened so that we could absorb the content more effectively. It is indeed a beneficial gathering for all Salesian educators; whatever we have learned here, we will surely share with our colleagues back at Vunabosco." Ms. Roselyn Taluesina, HOD- English Department, Don Bosco Rapolo, ENB
  • "Personally, from what I have learned in the sessions, I may say that among the three pillars of the preventive system of Don Bosco, 'reason' is what I have been practicing as a Salesian educator. However, after listening to the four topics given to us, I realized that it is much effective to practice all three: reason, religion, and loving kindness." Mr. Edward Tokuau, HOD- Electrical Department, Don Bosco Technical School - Gabutu

Participants at the 2-day seminar were given the opportunity to discuss and share the present situation in their respective schools in relation to the topics. Truly, it was engaging and stimulating. While two days may not be ample, we can say it is enough for us to apply what we have learned. As we echo the timeless words of Don Bosco – 'Do your ordinary duties extraordinarily well' – we are prepared to embark on a journey where each moment becomes a catalyst for a remarkable effect. In the spirit of Don Bosco, let us continue to be beacons of hope, guiding the way for a brighter, more compassionate future. Yes, we are not only ready for the academic year 2024; we are prepared to create a lasting legacy, making a profound impact on the minds and hearts of those we guide, inspire, and mentor.

PGS_20240131_02.jpg

PGS_20240131_03.jpg

PGS_20240131_04.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6319_Empowering Youth Through Media Education 0

2. 6318_Extraordinary Visitation of Fr Joseph Phuoc, SDB to Don Bosco Maumali - Maliana - Bobonaro - TLS Vice-Province 0

3. 6317_Extraordinary Visitation Fr Joseph Phuoc, SDB to Don Bosco Lospalos 0

4. 6316_Deepening and nurturing our growth in Salesianity 0

5. 6315_Spiritual Recollection, THA Salesian Cooperators of the Northeast 0

6. 6314_Regional Councillor on Extraordinary Visitation to Timor-Leste 0

7. 6313_FIN Holds Vocation Camp 0

8. 6312_FIN Holds Webinar on Content Creation 0

9. 6311_Empowering Animators: Transforming Perspectives and Practices 0

10. 6310_The sharing of the Strenna 2024 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 537 Next
/ 537