?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 556 Comment 0

Young-People-Better-Decisions.jpg

By Nigel Akuani

Gabutu, Port Moresby, 22 October 2022 -- “Whether we realize it or not, the choices we make today define who we become in future,” was the reflective and cautionary remark given by students to young listeners of Radio Maria PNG.

The six students all doing Grade-Eleven at the Don Bosco Technical Secondary School Gabutu, made the expression during Radio Maria’s ‘Tokaut-Stret’ program on Wednesday 19th October 2022.

The students were Anthony Molen, John Kawapuro, Joachim Gahekave, Kristoffa Ephraim, Gad Walaun, and Luther Kuelinad. Their talk focused on the topic ‘Helping students and youth make Responsible Choices’ and dwelled on its various social aspects and its impact on the younger generation.

John Kawapuro, said that although being young and growing up meant learning and exploring new territories, he called on students and youth to start making right decisions and taking responsibility for their actions. “If you care about those around you, then you will exercise control in the choices you make so that it benefits them and also yourself,” he stated.

“Part of being young means being carefree, being influenced by our peers, basically following the crowd because we are still learning. But we must also try to consider the outcome of what might happen and how it will affect us individually,” he added.

Emphasizing the importance of adult support and care, Joachim Gahekave, said that by appreciating the accomplishments of young people it not only bolstered their confidence but also drove their motivation to always strive in doing the right thing. “We have just begun our journey and we are still learning the ropes in life, all the more reason why we need to be constantly reminded and guided by our elders. The traits we learn from our elders today determines our character and who we become in future,” he said.

Ending their discussion, Luther Kuelinad, appealed to young people throughout the nation to always pray to God for guidance to be able to make choices that benefit themselves and the people they care about. “I’ve made a lot of bad choices in my life, even nearly costing me my own life. Since coming to DBTS, I’ve changed and have come to realise God’s wisdom in my choices by making the right choice and standing by it. Do what you feel is right for you and don’t let others tell you what to do,” he further said.

In-discussion.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5898(V)_Thank you Mamma Margaret - November 25

Valdocco, Turin, 22 November 2022 -- Exactly 166 years ago, on November 25, 1856, the mother of Don Bosco, Margherita Bosco Occhiena, passed away quietly almost without notice in the busy life of Valdocco's early Oratory. Yes, the Unive...
    Date2022.11.22 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views873 file
    Read More
  2. 5898(IV)_TLS Vice-Province ADMA holds 3rd National Congress

By TLS Soccom team Fatumaca, Timor-Leste 22 November 2022 -- The Association of Mary Help of Christians (ADMA) of the TLS Vice-Province held its 3rd National Congress on November 18 to 20, 2022 at the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christi...
    Date2022.11.22 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views489 file
    Read More
  3. 5898(III)_Football Tournament to celebrate the Vietnamese Teachers’ Day at Don Bosco Theological Institute

By Viet SC HCM City, 22 November 2022 -- On the occasion of the Vietnamese Teachers' Day on November 20, Don Bosco Theological Academy held a football Tournament between students. The Tournament was held at the Theological Community foo...
    Date2022.11.22 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views400 file
    Read More
  4. 5898(II)_The visit of Father Jose Kuttianimattathil to Formation Communities in Vietnam

By Viet SC Formation communities, Vietnam, 22 November 2022 -- Fr Jose Kuttianimattathil, a member of the General Formation Team, made a visit to formation communities in the Salesian Province of Don Bosco Vietnam from November 11-17, 2022....
    Date2022.11.22 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views414 file
    Read More
  5. 5898(I)_Canonization Pilgrimage of Salesian Brothers Time of Grace (3)

By Brother Philip Yoo, SDB Gwangju - South Korea, 22 November 2022 -- First, I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to attend the canonization ceremony of the glorious and graceful Brother Zatti. With a fluttering heart, I ...
    Date2022.11.22 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views343 file
    Read More
  6. 5897(IV)_Gratitude from the Rector Major stirs new enthuasiasm - AustraLasia at 25

By AustraLasia news desk EAO Region, 21 November 2022 -- We are grateful to the Rector Major, Fr Ángel F. Artime, for his heartfelt encouragement and appreciation from Valdocco in his short video address and his appreciation certific...
    Date2022.11.21 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views406 file
    Read More
  7. 5897(III)_Saint Artemides Zatti Celebration In Mongolia

By Cl. Cristian Adolfo Lopez, SDB Ulanbaatar - Mongolia, 21 November 2022 -- After a month of patiently waiting, the Mongolian Salesian community has celebrated the canonization of the first Salesian Brother: Saint Artemides Zatti. On Satur...
    Date2022.11.21 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views433 file
    Read More
  8. 5897(II)_Youth Ministry General Councillor visits Don Bosco Ben Cat Community

By Viet SC HCM City, Viet Nam, 20 November 2022 -- On 11/11/2022, the General Councillor for Youth Ministry, Fr Miguel Ángel García visited Don Bosco Ben Cat community, to a joyful welcome from the young people there. Accompan...
    Date2022.11.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views429 file
    Read More
  9. 5897(I)_Symposium on 400th anniversary of St Francis de Sales in Seoul

Salesian Youth Spirituality Research Center, Seoul, Korea, 21 November 2022 -- On 5 November 2022 the province of Korea (KOR, provincial Fr. Timothy Choi) organized a well'prepared Symposium to mark the 400th anniversary of Saint Franci...
    Date2022.11.21 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views451 file
    Read More
  10. 5896(I)_Red Wednesday 2022: Christians Persecuted and Forgotten?

19 November 2022 -- Many Christians around the world celebrate a November Wednesday (this year on 16 or 23 November) as 'Red Wednesday' or even 'Red Week' to remember the blood and gift of today's martyrs to the Church. ...
    Date2022.11.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views638 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 537 Next
/ 537