austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160110_WOR.jpg

By Cl. Anthony Pun, SDB

Florence, Itlay, 9 January 2016 - The Carmelite saint, St. Teresa of Baby Jesus, is the patroness of the Mission in spite of being a cloistered nun. St. Versiglia built a church in Shiuchow, China named after the Saint. He also knew the importance of prayers for the difficult mission in China. He wrote letters to a Carmelite monastery in Florence, asking for their spiritual support. The first letter was dated 21st November 1923:

"Reverend Mother Superior and sisters in Jesus Christ - wrote St. Versiglia - I think that a nice agreement has been made with the Carmelites in Florence. We are doing to have people behind who support, help and encourage us to work. We will have those who make up for our dissipation and sanctify our miserable work, wandering life, dangers and difficulties.

We will also be comforted in painful moments of loneliness and isolation. In those moments, which unfortunately are not few, thinking that we have sisters, distant and hidden but felt right next to us, of hearts that beat in unison with us, pray with us, suffer with us, and offer sacrifices for us, these will be valuable balm for our poor hearts."

A visit was made to the Carmelite sisters recently. Thanks to Fr. John Baptist Zen, who is now residing in Taiwan, that he has maintained contact with the sisters. The prayer for the mission is never forgotten. The commitment of spiritual support is again affirmed in this face-to-face meeting.

And let us all keep the Salesian missions, particularly the missionaries, in our prayers!

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2016.01.11 16:32

SANTA TERESA  (Carmelitane scalze)

Via dei Bruni, 12

50139 FIRENZE

Phone: 055-49 6105

• vaclav 2016.01.11 16:34
    http://www.carmelitanicentroitalia.it/conventi-e-monasteri/monasteri-territorio-toscano/s-teresa-firenze/

1. 3897_Professions in Suva Fiji 0

2. 3896(II)_First and Final Professions in Melbourne for Don Bosco's Feast 0

3. 3896(I)_RTC Tetere celebrates Don Bosco Feast 2016 0

4. 3895(II)_EAO Secretariat is taking off 2

5. 3895(I)_The SIHM Sisters annual retreat 0

6. 3894_Seminar: Going deeper on preventive system 0

7. 3893_Fr. Virgilio Do Carmo Da Silva, SDB Appointed to the Bishop of Dili (East Timor) 3

8. 3892(I)_SIHM and their Lay Mission Partners join the Salesian Family gathering 0

9. 3892(II)_Christ in the YOUTH, the Hope of Glory 0

10. 3891(I)_Malaysia - Don Bosco Missionary Dream Continues 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... 537 Next
/ 537