Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1159 Comment 0

20160713_KOR0.jpg

From 17th July until 2nd August, via Turin

By Fr. Ben Kim, SDB

Seoul, Korea, 13 July 2016 -- 30 Korean young pilgrims have joined the Salesian Youth Pilgrim Group with 4 SDB priests. Through participating several meetings for the internal and external preparation for Salesian Pilgrimage in Italy and WYD in Poland, they are ready to get involved deeply in the life of the Church and gladly to share their life and faith with other young people from all over the world. As the Church has celebrated the extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy with the motto “Merciful like the Father”(Misericordiae Vultus, 13), the theme of WYD 2016 in Krakow in Poland fits in with it: “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy”(Mt 5:7). With this theme, the young people have kept reminding of becoming a merciful person and getting closer to the Lord’s mercy with their hearts.

As the pilgrim group has only few days left for departure for Italy and Poland, the young Salesian pilgrims are so excited for it. Their pilgrim journey begins on Sunday 17th of July until 2nd of August. They go first to Rome, Assisi, and Turin where are related with the Church’s wonderful cultural inheritance and the life of Don Bosco. Then via Germany and Czech, the group goes straight away to Krakow in Poland for WYD 2016, and the journey will end in Warszawa. They believe it will be one of the strongest impacts on their faith on their spiritual journey, and expect fantastic experiences to meet our merciful Lord in the young who have same faith, although each of them are in different cultures and with different languages.

Preparing for her journey to WYD, she who is one of the young in the pilgrim group says, “when I dream so many young people from different countries in the world will follow the pilgrimage of WYD 2016 in praying together on the same place in Krakow, sharing the same faith with each of them, and singing together to worship the Lord with the same voice, even the Pope and all the young people joining the graceful moment are now preparing for it and looking forward to it, I feel my heart fluttering with joy. I cannot wait for it. But, for me, waiting for WYD is so exciting and meaningful.”

NB - we hope that the other provinces of the EAO also share their preparation and the path of the pilgrim WYD to help young people because they recognize each other better during various meetings.

20160713_KOR.jpg

20160713_KOR1.jpg

20160713_KOR2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4079(I)_'Towards Writing Better' Semina​​r ​Held ​for Aspiring Salesians

“Don’t be ‘a writer’, be a writing” – Oscar Wilde By Aspirant Adrian Manansala ​Photos by: ​P​renovice John Ling​ Canlubang, the Philippines, 17 July 2016 -- The aspirants and prenovices underwent a short but comprehensive writing workshop ...
    Date2016.07.24 CategoryFIN Reply4 Views1143 file
    Read More
  2. 4078_Australia Salesian Youth Movement Pilgrimage in Turin on route to World Youth Day

By Fr Bernie Graham, SDB Turin, Italy, 23 July 2016 -- The SYM Pilgrims from the Australia-Pacific Province heading for World Youth Day in Krakow have spent three days visiting the Salesian Holy Places in Piedmont. On the first day we visit...
    Date2016.07.23 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views899 file
    Read More
  3. 4077(III)_3rd Millennium Youth Ministers of Papua New Guinea / Pilgrimage to Yule Island

By Ms. Maria Fatima Alipio and Stephanie Anakapu East Boroko, PNG, 21 July 2016 -- The 4th year Bachelor students of Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko underwent a Youth Ministry workshop on the 20th and 21st of July, 2016. The ...
    Date2016.07.23 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views8232 file
    Read More
  4. 4077(II)_XI VIDES International Convention at La Pisana

By Sr. Maria Josefina S. Carrasco, FMA Generall House in Rome, 18 July 2016 -- Rector Major Don Angel Fernandez, SDB, presided the celebration of the Holy Eucharist at the conclusion of the three-day convention of VIDES (Volontariato Intern...
    Date2016.07.23 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views985 file
    Read More
  5. 4076_EAO Youth and Salesian Family heads for Krakow WYD

On July 27th there is a SYM Festival at the ground of the EXPO Fair By the Youth Ministry Sector General House in Rome, 22 July 2016 -- Few days before the World Youth Day (WYD) in Krakow, Poland (July 24-31), many groups from the various p...
    Date2016.07.22 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1245 file
    Read More
  6. 4075_Fr. Joseph Omaki Yoshihiro passed way

Whole Salesian life witnessing amidst the Young By Our Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 16 July 2016 -- Fr. Omaki was born in Seoul (Korea) in 1936, passed way in Tokyo on July 16 after 61 years of Salesian consecrated life. His funeral was cele...
    Date2016.07.21 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views630 file
    Read More
  7. 4074_Give the Best to those in Need

By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, 20 July 2016 -- The Second Batch of Short Course students graduated on the 20th of July, 2016, at Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko, Port Moresby after a seven-week training. The meaningf...
    Date2016.07.21 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views614 file
    Read More
  8. 4073(II)_Contemplative Fraternity of Mary of Nazareth

The 31st Salesian Family Group By the Secretariat of the Salesian Family General House in Rome, 19 July 2016 -- The Contemplative Fraternity of Mary of Nazareth, founded in Uruguay became the 31st group of the Salesian Family large tree. Th...
    Date2016.07.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views712 file
    Read More
  9. 4073(I)_Summer with Jesus

By Nguyen Tao Chu Prong, Vietnam, 19 July 2016 -- During Summer vacation 2016, Salesian parish of Thanh Binh (Chu Prong, Gia Lai) has organized "Summer with Jesus" for children to help them to have a fun summer, creating courts rewarding pl...
    Date2016.07.20 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1207 file
    Read More
  10. 4072_Do you know VIDES?

"What did you to the last of my brothers you did to me..." (Mt 25) By Sr. Michaela Jeon, FMA General House in Rome, 18 July 2016 -- The VIDES International was launched by the FMA Sisters in 1991 only 4 years after the beginning of the Volu...
    Date2016.07.19 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views4192 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 539 Next
/ 539