?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160917_GIA.jpg

Motivated by the Shizuoka Salesio school motto ‘To learn, keep it simple’

By Our Own Correspondent

Shizuoka, Japan, 17 September 2016 -- 1100 students and 120 teachers of ‘Integrated Mission School: Kindergarten, Elementary School, Junior and Senior High School are forming truly Salesian family environment of a Catholic School. This is probably the only EAO Salesian School under the Salesian Cooperators leadership.

The modern facility of FMA founded school are located just at the side of the Shinkansen (bullet train) between Tokyo and Osaka. As many of the Catholic schools, also Salesio was founded in the immediate post World War period (1947).

What makes the Salesio Shizuoka so special?

There is large group of young Catholic teachers (beyond the ordinary Japan percentage: about 23 of 120 school staff are Christians), animated by the elderly but enthusiastic FMA community (6 Sisters) and the school leadership (Chief Director, Principal, Vice-principal) posts are entrusted to the Salesian Cooperators (Shizuoka Center with 9 members and 2 Aspirants). There is also a relevant presence of Salesio Past Pupils among the teacher (20/120).

Salesian Spirit of Salesio

‘Assistenza’ is declared and lived as the education method of the school. Within the limits of highly competitive Japan school, there are more than 20 different sport, art and service activities for all students. In order to strengthen the Don Bosco Preventive System since 2014 there is a regular monthly formation session for the teachers, shared by Fr Angel Yamanouchi, SDB – Rector of Hamamatsu community (100 km distance). There are quite few international links with the SDB schools in Australia and FMA schools in the Philippines, there is an active VIDES branch and the students with their teachers have also volunteer experience in Tohoku (2011 Earthquake region) or in Hamamatsu.

Salesian Cooperators and Salesio

But the main motivation is the enthusiasm and education passion of the Salesian Cooperators and other Catholic teachers, some of them confess: ‘Salesio School is for me everything, it’s like a Church – here I received baptism, here is share my faith and do all my best for the education of our youth!’ or ‘Here I’m getting closer to God. Here I’m sharing the joy of my faith!’ One teacher shares her motivation for starting Salesian Cooperator formation: ‘I would like to be more deeply involved in our team work for the young people education!’ Two of the teachers are preparing for their Promise of Salesian Cooperator during the 2017 EAO Regional Congress in Tokyo.

20160917_GIA1.jpg

20160917_GIA2.jpg

20160917_GIA3.jpg

20160917_GIA4.jpg

20160917_GIA5.jpg

20160917_GIA6.jpg

20160917_GIA7.jpg

20160917_GIA8.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2016.09.20 17:13

We are very happy because we could meet you...
     Thank YOU very much really.
     Our school will also keep handing“ Christian Belief ”down to teachers and children
     even a little like Church from now on.

We are looking forward to seeing you later.

God bless!

Vice-Principal  Francisco Jerome Yasuo Watanabe

1. 4158_Commitment of Don Bosco Past Pupils 2016-2018 (part III)

World President of Don Bosco Past Pupils Mr. Michal Hort with the Federation presidents and the final resolution of the EAO Congress Resolutions of the 11th Asia - Oceania Congress of Don Bosco Past Pupils By Mr. Angel Gudina Vicepresident ...
    Date2016.10.08 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views1421 file
    Read More
  2. 4157_EAO Regional Congress of Past Pupils (part II)

By Fr. Manuel Pinto, SDB ITM - Timor Leste delegate for the Don Bosco Past Pupils Dili, Timor Leste, 6 October 2016 -- The 11th Congress for East-Asia-Oceania for Salesian Family organized by Past Pupils of Don Bosco with the theme: SERVING...
    Date2016.10.07 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views689 file
    Read More
  3. 4156_It's easy to become a Saint in the school of Don Bosco

CIMATTI DAY 2016: celebration in Chofu By Fr. Gaetano Compri, SDB Vice-postulator of the Beatification cause of Mons. Vincent Cimatti Tokyo, Japan, 6 October 2016 -- As every year, also today on the memorial death anniversary of Venerable M...
    Date2016.10.06 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views884 file
    Read More
  4. 4155(II)_EAO Congress of Past Pupils open in Dili (I)

By Mr. Angel Gudina World Confederation of Don Bosco Past pupils - Vicepresident Dili, Timor Leste, 5 October 2016 -- Greetings from the Viceprovince of ITM (Indonesia - Timor Leste) and from Dili - the capital of RDTL (Republica democratic...
    Date2016.10.06 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views938 file
    Read More
  5. 4155(I)_Forming the SnDB Oratory Youth Leaders

By Cl. Gersio Amaral, SDB Parañaque City, the Philippines, 1 October 2016 -- Youth leaders and Salesian animators of the Sunday oratory in Seminaryo ng Don Bosco (SnDB) begin the month of October with a Holy Mass and a tree-planting activit...
    Date2016.10.06 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views633 file
    Read More
  6. 4154_Catholic Diocesan Media personnel undergo Workshop

By Ms. Arlene Abital & Bomai Witne Port Moresby, PNG, 2 October, 2016 -- “Social communication and networking: a way forward to keep contact and stay connected” was highlighted during the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Papua New Guinea...
    Date2016.10.05 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views6927 file
    Read More
  7. 4153_Practical training in Africa - Missionary Outreach (part 3)

By Cl. Lo Po Tak Anthony, SDB Lungi, Sierra Leone, 4 October 2016 -- In this academic year in Sierra Leone, I am assigned to visit 5 different outstation schools, so I have to go to different school everyday for my apostolate. There are no ...
    Date2016.10.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1228 file
    Read More
  8. 4152_Schools Pilgrimage to the Salesian Holy Places draws to a conclusion

By Fr. Bernie Graham, SDB Rome, Italy, 3 October 2016 -- After nearly fourteen days the Australian Salesians Schools Pilgrimage to the Salesian Holy places has almost come to a conclusion. It has been a wonderful experience for all involved...
    Date2016.10.04 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views871 file
    Read More
  9. 4151_DB TVET Center Tondo Trainees undergo Transition Program

By Cl. Manuel Entigro, SDB Tondo, the Philippines, 1 October 2016 -- Senior trainees of Don Bosco Technical-Vocational Education and Training Center in Tondo, Manila undergo “Mangarap Ka” a seminar-workshop that will help them transition fr...
    Date2016.10.03 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views655 file
    Read More
  10. 4150_Legacy of Mons Cimatti is alive in Chofu

Salesian Formation - Chofu style By Fr. Michael Lap, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 3 October 2016 -- In our Salesian Formation House in Chofu we live as happy family of 18 Salesians from Japan, Poland, Vietnam, Korea and India with two Novices and thre...
    Date2016.10.03 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views528 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 538 Next
/ 538