austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20161014_FIS.jpg

By Fr. Noble Lal, SDB

Lahore, Pakistan, 14 October 2016 -- Fr. Zago left the country of Pakistan for good. He has gone back to Italy, the country of his origin. At the age of 20 he left his beloved Italy in order to contribute to the mission of Don Bosco around the world. Fr. Peter Zago, has a long experience of mission and he has done a lot for the youth of different nationalities - India, Philippines and Papua New Guinea.

Fr. Peter arrived in Pakistan in 1998 to sow the seed of St. John Bosco spirituality. He introduced the spirit of St. John Bosco to Pakistani youth and in return Pakistani youth fell in love with this Salesian. They never met Don Bosco in a person but in the face of Fr. Zago they really thought: 'If Don Bosco were alive then he would be like Fr. Zago or perhaps Fr. Zago is like St. John Bosco'.

He did lot of work for Pakistani youth. He is a pioneer Salesian together with some other Salesians but unfortunately no one was able to survive for 18 years in Pakistan. Many Salesians came into Pakistan to join the mission of Don Bosco but they could not manage to stay longer due to variety of reasons. Fr. Zago together with Fr Hans Dopheide started the mission of Don Bosco in Lahore and in Quetta.

Fr. Hans (Australian) established the community in Lahore and Fr. Peter established Don Bosco community in Quetta . He worked for 14 years in Quetta and we have there a beautiful school, hostel for boys and girls, Afghan refugees schools and different other works. Today the Salesians in Quetta are enjoying the apostolate because Fr. Zago worked hard there. In 2013 Fr Peter was given obedience to move to Lahore. Here he stayed for 3 and half years but he was also working very hard without paying much attention to his age.

He received the charismatic spirit of Don Bosco to save the souls. It is true, that he set up many structures but at the same time he never forgot that he is in Pakistan to save the souls of Pakistani youth. For that purpose, he continued to sit for confessions, celebrate the Eucharist for the boys and girls, go out for excursions with the youth and working for vocations.

I met in him personally a father, friend and teacher. Fr. Zago loves to work for vocations without any distinctions whether girls or boys. They are all same for him. I am a living proof of his love for the vocations. I am a Salesian today because he supported me a lot throughout my journey.

For me he is great Salesian. I feel personally that Pakistan lost a great and giant Salesian. After 18 years with us, he has decided to leave Pakistan and settle in Italy. He wants to spend there rest of his life, considering his age (82 years) and his health situation. We consider him Don Bosco of Pakistan. The day he left all the eyes in Don Bosco Lahore were in tears.

His last words before leaving Don Bosco campus: "Ciao, Ciao - Don Bosco, see you in Heaven." I think we will miss him a lot and he will remain in our hearts till the end of our life. Pakistani youth will never forget him and Pakistani youth will always remember his sacrifices for the mission of Don Bosco.

Thank you Fr. Peter Zago,we love you and indeed

YOU ARE DON BOSCO OF PAKISTAN FOREVER.........

20161014_FIS1.jpg

20161014_FIS2.jpg

20161014_FIS3.jpg

20161014_FIS4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • frbaclig 2016.10.15 23:19

A confrere and friend. A great Salesian. Yes, St. John Bosco in our midst. He always had a positive word for life, for people, for the young! Both the north and south provinces of the Philippines say: Thank you, Fr. Peter Zago.

• Vic 2016.10.18 12:05

I will always treasure those days with him cycling down south Cebu or tuning up his Atala racer bike in the Rector's Office of Don Bosco Technology Center, Cebu, Philippines. He is indeed Don Bosco in our midst.

1. 4194(I)_PGS Vice-Province concludes its Assembly of Confreres

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira , SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 9 November 2016 -- The Assembly of Confreres of the Vice-province of Blessed Rinaldi (PGS), that brought together 21 confreres from Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands, concluded with a thank...
    Date2016.11.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views700 file
    Read More
  2. 4193(II)_330 Catholic young people at the Youth Convention

By Fr. Brian Nonde, CMM Port Moresby, PNG, 10 November 2016 -- Three hundred and thirty (330) young people from 22 dioceses of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands are on a Youth Convention at Don Bosco T...
    Date2016.11.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views681 file
    Read More
  3. 4193(I)_With Parkinson - My days full of the smile of God

By Fr. Felice Furlan, SDB Italian Missionary in the Philippines Bacolod, the Philippines, 10 November 2016 -- Immediately after my novitiate in Missaglia (Italy) in 1962, I and another companion were sent to the, then, newly established Phi...
    Date2016.11.10 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views833 file
    Read More
  4. 4192_Young Missionary in Japan

By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 9 November -- From our daily experience we know, that being born in most of the East Asian countries as a Catholic does mean to be a missionary 'inter gentes' (among the non-believers). We like or not,...
    Date2016.11.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views678 file
    Read More
  5. 4191(II)_Discerning the future - Thailand

By Our Own Correspondent Bangkok, Thailand, 8 November 2016 -- During past two days (November 7-8) a vast majority of all 80 Salesians living and working in Thailand took part in three discernment meetings in the process of consultation for...
    Date2016.11.08 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1258 file
    Read More
  6. 4191(I)_Mamma Margaret Association - Made in Korea

Parents of the Salesians coming together in annual meeting By Cl. Joseph Shin Photo by Cl. Dominic Kim Daejon, Korea, 6 November 2016 -- In the Korean province most of the parents of young and not-so-young Salesians are coming together twic...
    Date2016.11.08 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views884 file
    Read More
  7. 4190_Requiem Mass for the Salesian Family

By Asp. Paulo Calderon and Cl. Jj Aguila, SDB Canlubang, the Philippines, 5 November 2016 -- The Salesian Family of the Philippine North Province offered a Requiem Mass for the deceased members of the Salesian Family especially for the Sale...
    Date2016.11.07 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views662 file
    Read More
  8. 4189(I)_Vocation accompaniment - Hong Kong style 2016

By Vocation Office, HK Hong Kong -- The first vocation camp in Hong Kong during this academic year was held on Oct 28-29, held at the House of Mary with the theme of understanding the Rosary prayer and to imitate the gentle goodness of the ...
    Date2016.11.07 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views672 file
    Read More
  9. 4189(II)_Discerning the future - Cambodia

By Our Own Correspondent Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 6 November 2016 -- The two days of consultation for the new provincial of THA province (Thailand-Cambodia-Laos) in Phnom Penh brought together all 11 Salesians presently living and working in t...
    Date2016.11.07 CategoryCamb. Reply1 Views919 file
    Read More
  10. 4188_PGS Vice-Province opens its Assembly of Confreres

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 6 November 2016 -- The vice-province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (PGS) began its Assembly of Confreres on 4th November and will conclude on the 9th November. Present are 21 Salesian...
    Date2016.11.06 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views1661 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 537 Next
/ 537