Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
PGS
2016.11.25 11:07

4212_Striving for Excellence!

Views 933 Comment 0

20161125_PGS.jpg

Graduation at Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, PNG

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB

Gabutu, PNG, 24 November 2016 -- DRESSED in the black gowns with empire blue silk stoles draped around their necks, the graduating students marched into the Kurongku Hall, of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, to the rousing cheers of their parents, guests and friends.

The 19th Speech Day was held on the 24th November, 2016, had as its theme, ‘Striving for Excellence’. Over 280 Grade 12 and Industrial Training Course 2 students received their certificates, after having successfully completed all the requirements of their course.

Mrs. Rossa Apelis, Assistant Secretary, TVET Curriculum Division School was the keynote speaker on the occasion. She paid tribute to the teachers and instructors for their hardwork, commitment and dedication. She said that it was one of the best technical Institutes in Papua New Guinea. She congratulated the management and the staff who have undergone the required training under the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTQF). “The school can now award its students the NC1 and NC2 qualification”, she said.

Students were awarded for their academic and technical excellence, attendance, deportment, service and other areas. Hebou Constructon PNG Limited sponsored for the last time the Sir George Constantinou Apprentice of the year award. It was presented by Agnes Susuve, Human Resources manager to Snowie Nanoula, Motor Vechicle Technology student. This award completes its 10th year and it will be taken up in 2017 by Rouna Repairs. Awards were also presented by Ela Motors, BSP, International Training Institute, Bishop Brothers and other companies.

Servant Leadership has been stressed and highlighted at the ceremony. Fr. Peter Baquero sdb, Provincial encouraged the students to give and share little things that put a smile on the faces of others. “We have only to look at Don Bosco and be inspired by his generosity” he said as he spoke to the congregation at the Thanksgiving Eucharistic celebration earlier in the morning. Principal, Fr. Angel Sanchez sdb, stressed that the SALT program was not about working and cleaning but it is about being ready to serve. “Be ready to give of your service readily and freely”, he encouraged the students.

In his closing remarks, outgoing Rector Fr. Roger Miranda sdb, thanked the confreres, staff and students for the past three years. He announced the following school appointments – Rector: Fr. Angel Sanchez sdb, Administrator: Fr. Sonny Fajardo and Principal: Mr. Martin Dai.

The Graduation Song ‘Time of our Lives’ by Tyrone Wells was then sung. The Alma Mater song brought tears to many students as they sang with passion, a song that they have sung during their years at Don Bosco.

Reflections:

“We came as strangers, but now we leave as brothers. Throughout the four years, despite the hardships and difficulties we have journeyed as a family. My sincere thanks to all the Salesians, teaching and non-teaching staff of Don Bosco” – Mark Wai, 12 Rua Electrical technology student.

“I accepted the responsibilities of being the Student Representative Council president. It was tough, but it enhanced my qualities as a leader. I will ever be grateful to Don Bosco for the education and for the wonderful blessing of having DBTS as my second home”. – Palep Bigiglen, 12 Rua Motor Vehicle Technology student.

“It has been a very emotional journey for me to be among the over 280 students who graduated in 2016. I will always treasure the fun and laughter, but above all, the call to be a proud Bosconian, a servant leader, for others” – Rowley Karava, Electrical Technology student.

20161125_PGS1.jpg

20161125_PGS2.jpg

20161125_PGS3.jpg

20161125_PGS4.jpg

20161125_PGS5.jpg

20161125_PGS6.jpg

20161125_PGS7.jpg

20161125_PGS8.jpg

20161125_PGS9.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4231(I)_Graduation day

317 graduates of Don Bosco Centec in Dili By Fr. Manuel Pinto, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 16 December 2016 -- This year, 2016, it's a year of blessing for our community of Don Bosco Training Centre Comoro. During past 12 months we were able to ...
    Date2016.12.18 CategoryTLS Reply1 Views1420 file
    Read More
  2. 4230_Youth and children free magazine in Mongolia

By Fr. Jaroslav Vracovsky Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 16 December 2016 -- A new Don Bosco Magazine (issue n.7) for children and young people has been just released. The magazine printed about 5000 copies in 20 pages of A4 size. This magazine, st...
    Date2016.12.17 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1676 file
    Read More
  3. 4229_Service to the World Confederation of Don Bosco Past Pupils

Interview with Mr. Alberto Alves Piedade, GEX Regional Councilor, World Confederation of Don Bosco Past Pupil By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 15 December 2016 -- The 11th EAO Regional Congress of Salesian Family Past Pupils (Tim...
    Date2016.12.15 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views7227 file
    Read More
  4. 4228(III)_First Laotian Martyrs Beatification

We are grateful to the Lord who gave to us this wonderful gifts holiness and witness of the blessed Laotian martyrs By Fr. Paul Trung, SDB Vientiane, Laos, 11 December 2016 -- The date of beatification was fixed Pope Francis has ordered tha...
    Date2016.12.13 CategoryTHA Reply1 Views1589 file
    Read More
  5. 4228(II)_Together for the benefit of the young

First historical meeting SDB - FMA provincial council VIE By Fr. Joseph Quang, SDB Tam Ha, Vietnam, 11 December 2016 -- For the Salesian Family of Vietnam it's really a happy and meaningful day, to experience for the first time in history a...
    Date2016.12.13 CategoryVIE Reply1 Views998 file
    Read More
  6. 4228(I)_Starting afresh with Jesus

Annual Retreat in Timor Leste By Br. Lourenco das Neves Soares, SDB Fuiloro, Timor Leste, 10 December 2016 -- Annual retreat is an opportunity given by the congregation to each member,to deepen one’s spiritual life according to God’s loving...
    Date2016.12.13 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1164 file
    Read More
  7. 4227_The Golden Boys of the Myanmar Salesians

By Fr. Mariano Naing, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 10 December 2016 -- Two earliest local Salesians who professed as Salesians in 1965 and 1966 mark the 50 golden years. They are Fr. Maurice Vallence who professed on 28 April 1965 and Fr. Joachim...
    Date2016.12.12 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1064 file
    Read More
  8. 4226(II)_Don Bosco Formation Center celebration

By Fr. Fidel Orendain, SDB Talisay City, the Philippines, 11 December 2016 -- Don Bosco Formation Center - Lawaan, had a soft-launching of a year-long celebration of its forty years as a Salesian house. The institution began as a minor semi...
    Date2016.12.12 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1118 file
    Read More
  9. 4226(I)_Installation of Lectors and Acolytes

By Cl. Hai Van, SDB Xuan Hiep, Vietnam -- On the morning of 5th December 2016, The Theological Institute in Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, celebrated the Feast of Blessed Philip Rinaldi, its patron. Present at the celebration were Fr. Provincial Nguye...
    Date2016.12.12 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views513 file
    Read More
  10. 4225_Warm welcome in Samoa

By Cl. Peter Nguyen Minh Duc, SDB Alafua, Samoa, 11 December 2016 -- The warmest greetings from a beautiful and hospitable country, Samoa! I have been here for 28 days. Thank God, I am very happy here, after my English language study in Ire...
    Date2016.12.11 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views722 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 538 Next
/ 538