?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 707 Comment 0

20170410_PGS.jpg

By Fr. Joseph Thanh, SDB

Araimiri, PNG, 20 April 2017 -- Obviously there is no best mission place in the world, but every mission place is always beautiful. Don Bosco used to travel a lot in order to look for and establish the mission places, his reaching out desire to places even happened in his dreams. However he was not looking for the best mission places but every place he went or as he sent his sons to go he always wanted to make those places beautiful and more beautiful....

I left the mother Province of VIE since 2002. With Don Bosco I am being sent to different places in the mission. Actually every place I went I found it always beautiful as it is and I tried to make it more beautiful. In fact, the real beauty that I can see is always happens through the heart, and not so much through the eyes. Therefore, like education, mission is a matter of the heart and faith.

Araimiri is the first house of the Salesian mission in Papua New Guinea. It maybe not so much attractive place if I look at it with the eyes, but it is truly beautiful mission if I try to appreciate it with the heart. Moreover, there is no common criteria or standard for the appreciation of the beauty if it comes from the heart. It is always different from one to another.

This year, my new assignment as parish priest of Mary Help of Christians Parish - Araimiri, gives me an opportunity to acknowledge the beauty of the mission in this place. Just simply imagine, when evening comes, children in the area are gathering in front of the parish church and walking up and down, like any Salesian does, but walk in the darkness, no light, on the sand, bare foot, and even many of the children without any piece of cloth on the bodies, all say the Rosary loudly. For sure, Jesus and his Mother are smiling and very happy to this every time. Another beauty I can see is the people just happy and enjoy with a little and simple thing in life. The things in which we cannot easy to find in many places nowadays.

As a reflection on God's love in this Holy Week, like Jesus, He was sent into the world by the Father; the Salesians are also sent to the mission - a mission for the souls especially the poor and abandoned youth. Although the world didn't welcome Him totally but at the end Jesus found his mission on earth is beautiful according to His last words on the Cross: "IT IS ACCOMPLISHED." (John 19:30). For Jesus, the beautiful mission on earth is fulfilling the Will of the Father. And so, the Salesians will discover the beauty of the mission also by fulfilling God's Will in his life through his vocation.

May the HOPE and JOY of the Risen Christ be always the sources of our mission vocation.

20170410_PGS0.jpg

20170410_PGS1.jpg

20170410_PGS2.jpg

20170410_PGS3.jpg

20170410_PGS4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4372(VI)_First Profession of Eleven New Salesians in Lawaan

World Confederation and Newsflash 2017 By Cl. April Jerome Quinto, SDB Photos: Jan Odivilas (FIS SocCom) Cebu, the Philippines, 6 May 2017 -- The feast of Saint Dominic Savio saw the solemn profession and investiture rites of eleven new Sal...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views587 file
    Read More
  2. 4372(V)_Installation of Fr. Dominic Kachira as Vice Provincial

Feast Day Mass in honor of St. Dominic Savio By Fr. Ariel Macatangay SDB Bomana, PNG, 6 May 2017 -- Fr. Alfred Maravilla SDB celebrates the feast day Mass in honor of St. Dominic Savio in the PGS Province's aspirantate, named in honor of Do...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views476 file
    Read More
  3. 4372(IV)_EAO Congress preparation (11)

FIN Province Report (Philippines North and Papua New Guinea) By Fr Joao Costa, SDB Manila, the Philippines, 6 May 2017 -- At present there are 353 promised members in the Philippines North province FIN - 12 centers and 44 promised members i...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryASC Reply0 Views626 file
    Read More
  4. 4372(III)_The Perpetual Profession of Bro. Filipe and Bro. Josafat

By Fr Joao Costa, SDB Dili, Timor-Leste. 1 May 2017 -- On the occasion of the celebration of the day of St. Joseph the worker, the Salesians of the Vice-province of Timor-Indonesia with the entire Salesian family were blessed with the perpe...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views520 file
    Read More
  5. 4372(II)_Growing sharing among Bosconians

World Confederation and Newsflash 2017 By Mr. Alberto Alves Piedade World Confederation of Don Bosco Past Pupils GEX (Young Past Pupils) Councilor for Asia - Oceania Madrid, Spain, 30 April 2017 -- During the three days meeting presided by ...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views820 file
    Read More
  6. 4372(I)_Bosconians Help Save Lives

Youth Blood Drive Corporation in DBTS By Ptrick Aero Port Moresby, PNG, 27 April 2017 -- The Youth Blood Drive Corporation, a programme initiated by the Port Moresby General Hospital, does mobile runs and visits a lot of schools and compani...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views14849 file
    Read More
  7. 4371_Pro Vobis: Ordination of Six New Priests from FIN & VIE

By Cl. Jerome Quinto, SDB Parañaque City, the Philippines, 1 May 2017 -- On the morning of the feast of Saint Joseph the Worker, Archbishop Emeritus of Manila, Most Reverend Gaudencio Cardinal Rosales DD, ordained six Salesian deacons to th...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views527 file
    Read More
  8. 4370(III)_Extra-ordinary visitation of Fr. Vaclav Klement

Mongolia Delegation By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 3 May 2017 -- Regional Superior of EAO, Fr. Vaclav Klement SDB arrived in the Land of Chingiz Khaan (Mongolia) on April 29, 2017 for the Extra-ordination visitation. Fro...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views644 file
    Read More
  9. 4370(II)_EAO Congress preparation (10)

Thailand province By Mr. Dominic Savio Teerawong Arphornrat, ASC Thailand ASC Provincial coordinator Bangkok, Thailand, 2 May 2017 -- Heartfelt greetings from the THA province of the Salesian Cooperators! At present we are 177 members with ...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryASC Reply0 Views551 file
    Read More
  10. 4370(I)_Warming the hearts of Salesian Brother

Provincial Encounter of the Salesian Brothers in Vietnam By Bro. Dominic Nam, SDB HCM City, Vietnam, 28 April 2017 -- After a six years break was organized a province level encounter of Salesian Brothers in Vietnam on April 28, 2017 in the ...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views494 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 537 Next
/ 537