?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
20171018_RMG.jpg

Video message of the Rector Major from Valdocco

By Our Own Correspondent

RMG, 15 October 2017 -- "My dear friends, these are times for hope, not complaints." With this positive outlook on the present and the future, Fr Ángel Fernández Artime, Rector Major, has again sent a message of animation to all the Salesians and the Salesian Family across the globe through a new video of the series: "Dear Brothers".

Many are the reasons for hope that Fr Á.F. Artime sees for the Congregation and for those who share the charism of Don Bosco. First, the missionary calling in the Salesians and Daughters of Mary Help of Christians who, on the example of Giovanni Cagliero and many other illustrious missionary predecessors, received the missionary crucifix in the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians in Turin, the 148th Salesian Missionary Expedition.

There is also the fresh vitality of a "beautiful week, profound, spiritual", lived and experienced with the Salesian Provincials, who met for their mid-term review of the performance of the Provinces, and to share both joys and difficulties.

Finally, there is also great satisfaction and gratitude for the release of Fr Tom Uzhunnalil, freed after 18 months of captivity.

For this reason, beginning with Don Bosco, "man of God," who "lived with great hope", the Rector Major invites all his "dear confreres" to live with profound faith: "may the little things that each of us experiences in our daily lives not take from our seeing how the Lord continues to love us truly and so much."

Click to watch the video message

Dear Confreres

Video Message of the Rector Major - full text

My dear Confreres, I greet you!

My dear Salesian Family members, all my dear friends,

I am here at Valdocco – it is always great to be at Valdocco -

And I want to greet you today with this painting behind me: our Great John Cagliero,

our confrere Cardinal Cagliero.

I tell you why:

two hours back we completed a splendid meeting

with 15 provincials of four continents

who are beginning their second term of service,

a service which lasts six years.

A beautiful week, of deep spirituality,

and of personal conversations,

with the possibility also of making an evaluation of how things are going on.

Yesterday, Sunday, was a beautiful day,

with the celebration of the Sending of the Missionaries

of 34 new missionaries.

13 Daughters of Mary Help of Christians,

and 21 Salesian confreres who received the cross as

a beautiful sign of their mission.

And I add one more thing:

a few days back, and as we shall witness also tomorrow,

we received a great grace to have with us our confrere, Fr Tom.

It was really a gift of the Lord,

wonderful in every sense

and it is a greater reason to thank the Lord.

The fruit of much prayer in 18 months was indeed this,

yestrerday we celebrated the Eucharist

recalling his ministry and service as a missionary,

where for over 18 months he was not able to do anything,

but just pray, pray a lot,

for many and for those who captured him.

I invite you, above all to thank God,

to thank the Lord for these beautiful events.

To thank once more for the liberation of our confrere,

to thank for this missionary dedication of many and today

of these our confreres and sisters

of the 148th missionary expedition.

I invite you all to do all that is possible to live by faith,

but a faith that is deep:

so that the little things of our daily life,

which may be difficult at times,

may not prevent us from seeing

how the Lord continues to love us truly

and to take care of our congregation

and the whole Salesian Family.

I invite you to live with hope.

I believe that Don Bosco was above all a man of God, a saint.

Our beloved Don Bosco, who lived by faith,

always dreamed with farsightedness

and at the same time lived with great hope.

My dear friends, these are times of hope

and not for complaints and despair.

I thank you for everything.

I wish truly to be close to you,

and I promise you my prayers

and I trust in yours.

We shall see and hear again.

God bless you.

20171018_RMG1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4548(III)_Pakistan Delegation consistent growth

Animation visit of the Delegation 2017 By Our Own Correspondent Lahore, Pakistani, 11 November 2017 -- Five Salesians (two first Pakistani priests, Fr. Sami and Fr. Noble, two Filipino missionaries Fr. Eugene and Fr. Joel joint by a Pakista...
    Date2017.11.11 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views899 file
    Read More
  2. 4548(II)_Starting with the youth at risk - new presence in Jeju diocese

After 20 years opening new presence in another Korean diocese By Fr. Gabriel Oh, SDB Jeju, Korea, 10 November 2017 -- Twenty years after starting a new presence in Chuncheon diocese (1996) our province is entering slowly another diocese of ...
    Date2017.11.11 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views467 file
    Read More
  3. 4548(I)_Thank you Don Nicosia!

We learn from the zeal and simplicity of Fr. Nicosia By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 9 November 2017 -- My very first impression of Father Nicosia was in 1998 when I was an aspirant. He was introduced to all aspirants by our formator i...
    Date2017.11.11 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1614 file
    Read More
  4. 4547(V)_Fr. Filiberto González visit to Cambodia

Join to the Cambodia FMA 25 Year's Celebration By Fr. Francis Gulzar, SDB Kep, Cambodia, 10 November 2017 -- Fr. Filiberto González, World Councilor for the Social Communication, paid a visit to Cambodia to know the social communication dep...
    Date2017.11.10 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views756 file
    Read More
  5. 4547(IV)_Akash is a symbol of hope for all of us!

New light in Youhannabad Catholic community - Akash Bashir! By Fr. Francis Gulzar, SDB Lahore, Pakistan, 10 November 2017 -- "Two and half years after the suicide bombings in our Christian colony of Youhannabad the life is going on. One of ...
    Date2017.11.10 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views758 file
    Read More
  6. 4547(III)_Focus on Salesian Missionary Heart

By Fr. Ding Cortez, SDB Manila, the Philippines, 10 November 2017 -- Each of the 90 Salesian provinces around the world is invited to celebrate once a year a "SALESIAN MISSION DAY". There are many ways how to celebrate it in a meaningful wa...
    Date2017.11.10 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1344 file
    Read More
  7. 4547(II)_Education to the faith at the heart of our school

Blessing of new religion activity room in Aberdeen Technical School By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 6 November 2017 -- 6th Nov., also the birthday of Fr Simon Lam, a new religion activity room is blessed and launched in Aberdeen Techni...
    Date2017.11.10 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views792 file
    Read More
  8. 4547(I)_Listenful moments of the visitation encounter

ITM Viceprovince visitation is taking off - Manila students encounter By Cl. Gersio Amaral, SDB Manila, the Philippines, 3 Novwmber 2017 -- We are very gratetul for the first extra-ordinary visitation encounter in our Vice-province. Our one...
    Date2017.11.10 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views588 file
    Read More
  9. 4546_"We are one Family!"

Mamma Margaret Association Korea By Fr. John Jung, SDB Daejeon, Korea, 5 November 2017 -- Last November 4-5 was held the already traditional semestral encounter of Mamma Margaret Association in Daejeon, Salesian Youth Center with the partic...
    Date2017.11.09 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views905 file
    Read More
  10. 4545(II)_102-Year Old EAO Patriarch, Apostle of Hansenian Patients Fr. Gaetano Nicosia RIP

Model of Salesian missionary zeal, Fr. Nicosia - passed to the Salesian garden! By Fr. Lanfranco Fedrigotti, SDB Provincial CIN Hong Kong, 7 November 2017 -- On Monday, 06 November, 2017, at 17:15 hours Hong Kong time, the oldest Salesian c...
    Date2017.11.08 Reply1 Views1161 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 537 Next
/ 537