NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
PGS
2023.07.02 02:27

6004(VII)_Miracle of Love

Views 371 Comment 0

1-Group-1.jpg

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB

Boroko (Port Moresby), PNG, 1 July 2023 -- 26 participants consisting of Salesians (21), Salesian sisters (4) and a sister from the Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians (MHMSC) attended the Spiritual retreat at Emmaus Conference Centre, Boroko from the 25th to the 30th June 2023. The Retreat was preached by Bp Patrick Buzon SDB, Bishop of Bacolod, Philippines.

The much-appreciated talks of Bishop Patrick were filled with sharing from his personal experience, scripture texts and the documents of the church. Consecrated Life, Communion, Prayer, Servants of the Young, Evangelical Counsels, Spirituality of Stewardship were some of the topics taken. ‘The Miracle of Love’ – God's love for us and our love for each other was the underlying theme for the Retreat. It gave every participant the time needed to rest, relax, and pray.

Expressing their gratitude in song and speech, the retreatants thanked Bp Patrick for sharing his precious time with them. Thanks to Fr Clifford Morris for coordinating the different activities as Rector of the Retreat.

Here are some reflections from the participants:

A religious is to be one with Christ. This union with Him happens through prayer which keeps the vocation alive. When I experience his love, I am empowered to bring Him to others, especially the young. I thus, renew my commitment to be faithful to my personal, community prayer and the Eucharistic celebration – Sr Mina Pajarillo FMA.

As religious we are builders and architects of communion – a concrete expression of love. A joyful communion lived in our community attracts vocations. A vibrant congregation, a fruitful mission and a witnessing community will depend on the genuineness of our communion. – Fr Edwin Genovia SDB.

The retreat was from the heart of a Shepherd with a lot of paternal reflections. It touched on the many realities of religious life. It has been a time for renewal and personal enrichment and vacation with the Lord. – Fr Robinson Parappilly SDB.

The challenge to live fully the prophetic dimension of my vocation as counterculture to the world, by illuminating God in all spheres of my life. The need to strengthen and practice Salesian Assistance in order that I may help the young feel God’s love for them. That I must die more and more to my false self and allow my true self to emerge – noverim me, noverim te. – Sr Alice Fulgencio FMA.

The stories of vulnerability and hope have moved me to be more compassionate of myself and of others. Challenging quotations and reminders from the Church and Salesian documents, eminent writers and saints have sated my spiritual appetite to greater solidarity with the poor and radical commitment in my religious and priestly vocation – Fr Ariel Macatangay SDB.

The words of Pope Francis, “I am a sinner’ have struck me as it comes from one in authority. We desire healing as we are weak, frail, and fragile. It reminds me that the Sacrament of Reconciliation is always there for my healing – Dn Bernard Kaiau SDB.

We are blessed to have an ambience to reflect on the year past. Thanks to Bp Patrick for helping us reconnect with God and recharge our spiritual energies. – Fr Joseph Thanh SDB.

1-Bp-Patrick-Buzon-4.jpg

1-Bp-Patrick-Buzon-and-Fr-Edu.jpg

1-FMA-sisters-sing.jpg

1-FMA-sisters-with-Bishop.jpg

1-Fr-Angelo-mass-3.jpg

1-Goodnight.jpg

1-In-memory.jpg

1-Session.jpg

1-Washing-1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6033_MISSIONARIES AND MONEY

Missionary Message for the 11th of August 2023 By Fr. Alfred Maravilla SDB General Councillor for Missions Money is an essential element of ordinary daily life. And like any other human endeavour, missionary activities need financial resour...
    Date2023.08.10 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views685 file
    Read More
  2. 6032_Laudato Si - Between Paranaque and the Vatican

Don Bosco School of Theology, Philippines, secures international partnerships for Laudato Si’ program Don Bosco School of Theology (DBST) obtained the support of the Vatican’s Ecology and Creation Office and the Dicastery for Pr...
    Date2023.08.09 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views400 file
    Read More
  3. 6031_Vietnam: Formation Course for Practical Trainees

By Viet SC Đalat, Vietnam, 9 August 2023 -- According to the annual program, in order to improve knowledge, skills and spirit during the Practical Training period, the Salesian province of Vietnam has a formation course for the confrere in ...
    Date2023.08.09 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views320 file
    Read More
  4. 6030_The Holy Mass of perpetual profession of 16 FMA in Vietnam

By FMA VTN SC VTN FMA Province Vietnam, 9 August 2023 --- At 8:30 a.m. on 5 August 2023 the Holy Mass of perpetual profession of 16 FMA was celebrated at the Provincial House of the Mary Help Province in HCMC, Vietnam. The Mass was celebrat...
    Date2023.08.09 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views439 file
    Read More
  5. 6029_Holy Mass of the first profession and Silver Anniversary of the religious life in VTN Province

By Mary Anh Thi, FMA VTN (FMA Province Vietnam), 8 August 2023 -- At 8.30 am, on August 4, 2023, at the provincial house in Tam Ha, the Mary Help Province in Vietnam celebrated the Holy Mass of the first profession of 15 sisters and Silver ...
    Date2023.08.08 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views317 file
    Read More
  6. 6028_Don Bosco is busy touring Australia!

By Fr. Will Matthews, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 7 August 2023 -- Since its arrival on 4 July 2023 to mark the centenary of the arrival of the Salesians in Australia, the first-class relic statue of Don Bosco has been extremely busy touring ...
    Date2023.08.07 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views433 file
    Read More
  7. 6027_One Hundred Keywords of Salesian Spirituality

EAO Boscolink, 7 August 2023 -- Fr Francis Desramaut (1922-2014), noted Salesian scholar and author of many books and articles on Salesian spirituality, completed a Dictionary of Salesian Spirituality in 2000, which he published in French i...
    Date2023.08.07 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views571 file
    Read More
  8. 6026_Bishop Luciano Capelli's final letter to his diocese of Gizo

Gizo, Solomon Islands, 4 August 2023 -- Dear Gizo Diocese collaborators, benefactors, people of God, In my last message, I only remember the most important things; I forget all the rest. What is the most important message I can leave you af...
    Date2023.08.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views638 file
    Read More
  9. 6025_Welcome Home Saint John Bosco!

Don Bosco’s Relic Visit in Brunswick By Afia Enosa SDB Brunswick (Melbourne), Victoria, Australia, 3 August 2023 -- The Salesian Community in Brunswick welcomed the Relic of Don Bosco that is embedded in a life-sized wax statue as par...
    Date2023.08.03 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views489 file
    Read More
  10. 6024_Salesian Provincial Community Day Vietnam

By Viet SC Don Bosco Xuan Hiep, HCM, Vietnam, 2 August 2023 --Don Bosco Salesian Province Vietnam held its Provincial Community Day from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, August 1, 2023, at Don Bosco Xuan Hiep Community in Vietnam. Attending...
    Date2023.08.02 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views481 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 538 Next
/ 538